NBC NBCSN Broadcast Schedule 2018-2019

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The Olympic Channel seems like a waste of a network. All they have is fillers, reruns and infomercials with very few live events. I have a feeling it won't be around much longer if they don't have any content. :(

OC has many same-day events, such as all of those lengthy bicycling events in summer...Vuelta a España seemed to be on interminably in August. Rhythmic gym Worlds. Synchronized swimming/world aquatics every day. Etc, etc. The infomercials and profiles are in off hours, filler.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
OChan is doing as I expected... covering the less prominent sports. Right now is the inevitable down time when the winter games are done and the next summer ones still a bit too far away for people to start to care. I expect their pre-Tokyo coverage to be exceptional.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The Olympic Channel seems like a waste of a network. All they have is fillers, reruns and infomercials with very few live events. I have a feeling it won't be around much longer if they don't have any content. :(

I absolutely love some of the content that they aired last year shortly after debuting - among it, all of the ladies team event and individual all-around gymnastics competitions from the 1988-2016 Olympics, and they also showed the LPs of the skating events from the 2002-2014 Olympics leading up to Pyeongchang. Sadly, most of the special shows they tried to debut seem to have gotten stuck at the 4 episode mark or so, and they were re-airing them all the time throughout the skating season. They also re-aired each of the GP stops (SPs and LPs) several times throughout the week following the events.

I know it's the 'Olympic' channel, but I would love to see them get the rights to other past skating competitions and fill some of the down time with that.

mollymgr

So the Olympic Channel is at least broadcasting Skate America live. That's definitely a plus.

Last edited:

mollymgr

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I'm usually pretty even tempered about the Treat Figure Skating Like A Sport discussions, but it really isn't treating figure skating like a sport to show bits and pieces of it days after the actual event.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

I'm usually pretty even tempered about the Treat Figure Skating Like A Sport discussions, but it really isn't treating figure skating like a sport to show bits and pieces of it days after the actual event.
Actually, they show complete programs. Usually two flights, plus top-scoring programs that may have occurred earlier. I wouldn’t want more than that in my recordings collection.

Sylvia

TBD
The NBC broadcast of GP Helsinki is scheduled for tomorrow - Sunday 1-3 pm Eastern time (check your local listings): http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...and-coverage-this-weekend-on-nbc-sports-gold/
NBC presents coverage of the ladies’ and men’s free skates this Sunday, Nov. 4, at 1 p.m. ET. Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present daily encore coverage of all programs at 8 p.m. ET Monday, Nov. 5 – Thursday, Nov. 8.

2006 Olympic ice dance silver medalist Tanith White handles play-by-play for the men’s and ladies’ free skates on NBC and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA joined by 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski, and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir. Andrea Joyce will call the remaining competitions on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, joined by 2014 Olympic ice dance gold medalist Charlie White.

Sylvia

TBD
Today's NHK broadcast on NBC (Tanith, Tara, Johnny) is scheduled for noon-1:30 Eastern time - check your local listings.

ETA: The top 6 ladies' free skates and top 4 men's free skates were shown.

Last edited:

momnatur

does anyone have a link to on-demand NHK Exibition; nbcSpG seems alergic to exhibitions.

Sylvia

TBD
@momnatur, "Figure Skating Stars" account on YT currently has the NHK Gala up in 3 parts.

Remaining Grand Prix season NBC/NBCSN broadcasts (all times Eastern):

Sunday, Nov. 18
Rostelecom Cup
12 - 1:30 p.m.
NBC

Sunday, Nov. 25
Internationaux de France
4 - 6 p.m.
NBC

Grand Prix Final (3 broadcasts)
Friday, Dec. 7
11:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
NBCSN

Saturday, Dec. 8
9:30 – 10:30 p.m.
NBCSN

Sunday, Dec. 9
4 - 6 p.m.
NBC

Last edited:

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Just curious - I’m unable to find on-demand broadcasts of Finland or NHK from either NBC or the Olympic Channel on NBCSports.com (both the website and app). Am I being geoblocked from even seeing the links or do they really not exist? All I see is Nascar, Premier League and some golf.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Just curious - I’m unable to find on-demand broadcasts of Finland or NHK from either NBC or the Olympic Channel on NBCSports.com (both the website and app). Am I being geoblocked from even seeing the links or do they really not exist? All I see is Nascar, Premier League and some golf.

I think the only way to see On Demand content is through NBC Sports Gold.

Sylvia

TBD
Sunday, Nov. 25 4-6 p.m. Eastern (check your local listings)
Grand Prix France: Men’s and Ladies’ Free NBC (Gannon, Lipinski, Weir)

ETA list of programs shown:

Jason Brown's SP :)
Free skates of Aliev, Aymoz, Chen, Samarin, Brown.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Looks like NBC will show, between the men & ladies, James/Cipres' FS and Papadakis/Cizeron's FD in full!

ETA:

Ladies (looks like top 6 in FS): Konstantinova, Tennell, Honda, Mihara, Kihira, Medvedeva.

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I hope they at least mention that Tarah & Danny won the silver medal over there. :shuffle:

pairsicedance

Sunday, Nov. 25 4-6 p.m. Eastern (check your local listings)
Grand Prix France: Men’s and Ladies’ Free NBC (Gannon, Lipinski, Weir)

ETA list of programs shown:

Jason Brown's SP :)
Free skates of Aliev, Aymoz, Chen, Samarin, Brown.
Is there any way to watch this on demand? (Especially Aliev) I missed it on Sunday! I'm not in US though - I'm always interested in seeing the NBC videos but none have appeared on YouTube yet this season unfortunately.

Sylvia

TBD
NBC Sports' press release for their Grand Prix Final coverage: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...ge-this-weekend-on-nbc-nbcsn-nbc-sports-gold/
Terry Gannon handles play-by-play for the NBC and NBCSN broadcasts, joined by 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir. 2006 Olympic ice dance silver medalist Tanith White will call remaining competitions for Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, joined by Lipinski and Weir for men’s, ladies’ and pairs’ programs and Ben Agosto for ice dance.

Combined schedule (NBC Sports Gold, NBCSN & NBC are bolded below):

Date Start Time (ET) Event Platform
Thurs., Dec. 6 10:45 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Men’s Short (LIVE) NBC Sports Gold
Fri., Dec. 7 12 a.m. Grand Prix Final: Ladies’ Short (LIVE) NBC Sports Gold
Fri., Dec. 7 10 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Rhythm Dance NBC Sports Gold
Fri., Dec. 7 11:30 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Pairs’ Short and Men’s Free (LIVE) NBCSN, NBC Sports Gold
Sat., Dec. 8 4:45 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Ladies’ Free (LIVE) NBC Sports Gold
Sat., Dec. 8 10 p.m. Grand Prix Russia: Free Dance (LIVE) NBC Sports Gold
Sat., Dec. 8 11 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Pairs’ Free (LIVE) NBC Sports Gold
Sat., Dec. 8 11:30 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Ladies’ Free Skate NBCSN
Sun., Dec. 9 4 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Men’s and Ladies’ Free Skates NBC

Mon., Dec. 10 8 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Men’s Short, Men’s & Ladies’ Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Tues., Dec. 11 8 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Pairs’ Short & Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Weds., Dec. 12 8 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Ice Dance Rhythm & Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Thurs., Dec. 13 8 p.m. Grand Prix Final: Ladies’ Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA

Sylvia

TBD
Last night NBCSN's GPF broadcast showed 5 pairs short programs live, the top 3 ladies' SPs on tape, followed by all 6 men's free skates live.

Tonight's 1-hour broadcast just started (11:30 pm Eastern time) and is supposed to show the ladies' free skates from earlier today. (Pairs FS live is underway on NBC Sports Gold.)

jbuckbee

How is it that the US qualifies 5 skaters for the GPF....4 if them in ice dance and NBC shows no ice dance???

Reactions: JJH

Frau Muller

How is it that the US qualifies 5 skaters for the GPF....4 if them in ice dance and NBC shows no ice dance???

One of the NBC affiliates, Olympic Channel HD, is showing the entire ice dance competition tonight. Last night’s Pairs showing was fantastic. W/ excellent commentary from Tara. Johnny & Tanith. (No Ashley.)

Frau Muller

An ad about the upcoming 2019 Nationals (Detroit) was run several times during last night’s Oly Channel HD telecast of GPF Pairs... The ad focuses on this being “Detroit, where skating history happened 25 years ago!!!!” The word EPICENTER is used several times & is emphasized on the screen. Roll 👀

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
As currently listed on USFS' website (will check again when closer to the events)...

2019 GEICO U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Detroit - Jan. 24 - 27
2019 European Championships (taped coverage from Minsk) - Jan. 23 - 27

Time (ET) / Network

Wednesday, Jan. 23
European Championships: Men's Short 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. NBCSN

Thursday, Jan. 24
U.S. Nationals Pairs Short Program 5 - 7 p.m. NBCSN (Live)
European Championships: Pairs Free 7 - 9 p.m. NBCSN
U.S. Nationals Ladies Short Program 9 - 11 p.m. NBCSN (Live)
European Championships: Ladies Short 11 p.m. - 1 a.m. NBCSN

Friday, Jan. 25
European Championships: Rhythm Dance 2 - 4 p.m. NBCSN
U.S. Nationals Rhythm Dance 4 - 6 p.m. NBCSN (Live)
European Championships: Men's Free 6 - 8 p.m. NBCSN
U.S. Nationals Ladies Free Skate 8 - 11 p.m. NBC (Live)

Saturday, Jan. 26
European Championships: Free Dance 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. NBCSN
U.S. Nationals Pairs Free Skate & Men's Short Program 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. NBC (Live)
U.S. Nationals Free Dance 7 - 9 p.m. NBCSN (Live)

Sunday, Jan. 27
European Championships: Ladies & Men's Free 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. NBC
U.S. Nationals Men's Free Skate 3:30 - 6 p.m. NBC (Live)

Saturday, Feb. 16
Skating Spectacular 2:30 - 4 p.m. NBC (taped)

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I wonder if the little Geico will be there. Woudn't it be awesome if the little Geico commentated instead of some of the regulars, especially for the USA. That would really make it more interesting since he's such a likable little fellow! :cheer2::40beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information