My upcoming 'Aurora' trip to Alaska

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I discovered this morning that i actually got 3 pics of the aurora on my cell. They have pink and green colors. Not as good pics as some others but i was happy that i got something.

Just returned from dog sledding. Awesome experience! The beauty of the snow covered landscape is hard to describe. It was so cold that my hands and feet went numb. The grabbers were not helpful because i had to hold on to the rod with my hands. I zipped up my cell in my pocket so i wont accidentally drop it. Another woman took pics and sent me some. I took pics before and after the sledding. The people were great and the hot cocoa after returning to the yurt felt heavenly.

Would love to do this again.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I was surprised that the real aurora did not look like the pictures. It looked white but the pictures had mostly green.

The northern lights can be all different colours depending on the time of year and where you are viewing them from. When I lived far enough north to see them, I saw everything from green(ish) to white(ish) to pink/purple(ish), and often the colours shimmered and changed even during a single evening.

Japanfan

I discovered this morning that i actually got 3 pics of the aurora on my cell. They have pink and green colors. Not as good pics as some others but i was happy that i got something.

Just returned from dog sledding. Awesome experience! The beauty of the snow covered landscape is hard to describe. It was so cold that my hands and feet went numb. The grabbers were not helpful because i had to hold on to the rod with my hands. I zipped up my cell in my pocket so i wont accidentally drop it. Another woman took pics and sent me some. I took pics before and after the sledding. The people were great and the hot cocoa after returning to the yurt felt heavenly.

Would love to do this again.

Glad you got some pictures Vash01, but more importantly, you did get to see the Northern lights. Dog sledding must be amazing.

My feet and hands are particularly vulnerable to freezing because I grew up in parts of Canada that had frigid winters and froze them so many times (particularly my feet).

Even with a decent set of boots, my feet start to hurt quickly when it's cold here. And it rarely goes below 0 degrees C here.

Hope you can link to your pictures.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I finally posted the pictures on my Facebook, and some on my desktop at work. I am happy with many of the pictures. They are a reminder of my wonderful trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information