Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarafan

@quartz 3 pair... cute, warm, slush proof. Unless someone has come up with cutewarmslushproof boots that I might not have seen.
Wait....r these boots ankle boots????????? cause one of the days could have 20cm of snow...maybe 1 pr. of cute slush proof high boots and 2 pr.. of cute slushproof ankle boots....

barbarafan

Make sure your shoes have grip - in March, the streets are likely still icy (freeze/thaw cycles)
Good tip....main streets were done pretty quickly this year but sidewalks and parking lots were very dangerous. I am not sure about downtown as I live in the suburbs but if you r downtown you can do a lot underground.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Does your bank or credit union not have one of those machines where you dump the coins in, and it emits a receipt for the total, which you can bring to the teller to deposit?

quartz

scratching at the light
Does your bank or credit union not have one of those machines where you dump the coins in, and it emits a receipt for the total, which you can bring to the teller to deposit?
Yes, but the rolling part is fun, so I will likely do that just so I can see it all stacked up nice and neat.

azcalder

I rolled pennies for ten years. Finally I decided to trade them in for dollars. My son and I carted them to our Credit Union, only to be told I had to unwrap each one - I had almost $1,000.00. So be sure they'll take them in rolls before you're in a similar situation.

quartz

scratching at the light
I rolled pennies for ten years. Finally I decided to trade them in for dollars. My son and I carted them to our Credit Union, only to be told I had to unwrap each one - I had almost $1,000.00. So be sure they'll take them in rolls before you're in a similar situation.
Canada has no pennies. :D

gatorinfl

Anyone have a guess on what the best seats for all-event tickets for Montreal Worlds will cost? What were the prices in Boston a few years ago?

Sylvia

TBD
For reference -- this is an October 2011 post from the Archives the last time Worlds was held in Canada:
All-event ticket packages for the 2013 ISU World Figure Skating Championships will go on sale February 10, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. (ET). Ticket packages will cost CAN $1,200 and $1,000 plus HST and applicable surcharges ...
A payment plan has been designed for spectators and will consist of three payments charged to the credit card used for the purchase on the following dates:

· Payment #1: 50% of final cost due at time of purchase.
· Payment #2: 25% of final cost due June 1, 2012.
· Payment #3: Remaining balance due September 3, 2012.

This plan is optional and spectators may pay their balance in full at the time of purchase.

dramagrrl

Yikes. I remember when Worlds in Vancouver were less than half of that for the highest priced all-event package. Granted, that was almost twenty years ago, but...:fragile:

manhn

The absolute worst seats will start at $1200?!?! Unlike London, this is an NHL size arena. I cannot fathom paying that much for the seats I am planning to get (high like a kite) I didn't pay that much even for the Olympics in Vancouver.

quartz

scratching at the light
Pretty sure with tax, tickets for London Worlds was $1480 or so, and I paid for a friends ticket on my credit card too, and couldn’t wait to get to the bank the next day to pay it off. I’ve never had that much on my card and it freaked me out! :lol:

nyrak

The absolute worst seats will start at $1200?!?! Unlike London, this is an NHL size arena. I cannot fathom paying that much for the seats I am planning to get (high like a kite) I didn't pay that much even for the Olympics in Vancouver.

And the Bell Centre is huge too, several thousand seats bigger than Rogers Arena in Vancouver...I can't imagine paying $1200 to sit in the rafters. Maybe my plans move to Stockholm the year after...

nguyhm

Anyone have a guess on what the best seats for all-event tickets for Montreal Worlds will cost? What were the prices in Boston a few years ago?
IIRC the best seats cost in the $900 range for Boston. Cheapest seats in the nose bleed were around $250.

honey

IIRC the best seats cost in the $900 range for Boston. Cheapest seats in the nose bleed were around $250.

That's about what I remember as well. I had lower bowl, but not the most expensive level and paid around $700.

clairecloutier

That's about what I remember as well. I had lower bowl, but not the most expensive level and paid around $700.

That’s what I had too in Boston. About $700 for end seats in lower bowl.

Not sure I could justify paying much more than that, just in terms of budget and other priorities.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

I paid either $1100 or $1300 for a lower bowl seat on the judges side in Boston. I think I was in the 12th row or something like that. And it wasn't even center ice.

gatorinfl

Wow, I was thinking more like $1,000 Canadian. But I do want good seats since this will be the first competition I’ve been able to attend in years. I hope that there is a payment plan like what was posted for 2013.

Will we know which side of the arena is best? Is it better to be on the judges side or the opposite site?

I’ve already booked the Marriott hotel next door to the Bell Centre. Sounds like it is under construction 😕 But I hope that will be finished by next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information