Michal Brezina: "I need to find a way to make the people that I skate for proud again"

Sylvia

TBD
Hiro Yoshida's article for Europe on Ice: http://blog.europeonice.com/?eid=535
Re. his disastrous free skate at 2016 Europeans in Bratislava:
“If it would happen anywhere else to skate like this, I probably wouldn’t be so down. But since it happened here in front of a lot of people I know, in front of a lot of people that believe in me, in front of a lot of people that know what I am capable of, that is what I think makes me feel sad even more because I know all those people are my fans. Not only they are my fans, but they are my supporters. But it’s life. You learn from it. If you go up, up, up and then you have one fall, it either destroys you or it makes you stronger. I hope that it’s not the first option. This year I hope that it will only make me stronger.
On his future:
There’s a lot for Brezina to look forward in the coming years with another home European Championships in Ostrava, a marriage [to Danielle Montalbano] and the 2018 Olympics on the horizon.

“We have our wedding in 2017 in the summer on Long Island. Where her family is from. There is going to be a lot of people. It’s going to be fun and I’m really looking forward to it.

greenapple

I had such high hopes for Michal and Adam when they were in the junior ranks. They both had so much potential. It is interesting that as good as they were back then neither has dominated in the senior ranks.

skatefan

Home in England
When Michal began competing internationally in Junior and Senior, I thought he had so much potential - his jumps were so huge that he seemed destined to get those quads and 3A easily and I'm sad for him that for whatever reason, he hasn't yet fulfilled his potential, but I sure hope he will :)

clairecloutier

Enjoyed reading this. Hiro Yoshida writes excellent profile pieces! I hope Brezina can find some way to skate better the next 2 seasons & finish his career on a positive note. Great that he's already looking ahead with coaching plans.

He mentioned his jumping technique being a strength. I agree--his jumps are gorgeous when they're on, especially his triple Axel. I've always thought he had one of the best Axels among the current men.

figureskatingforlife

It's so sad. i think he was one of the biggest talents we had but i started to not care about him anymore. he didn't perform well since i don't remember anymore. good to read this article. hope hell find his way back until 2018!

Sylvia

TBD
The press release on Brezina's coaching change was posted yesterday on IFS' FB page - direct link: https://www.facebook.com/figureskat...78550292537/10154909812557538/?type=3&theater
Excerpt:
His coach Karel Fajfr agreed that this is the best option for continued growth of Březina's skating and supports the move.
“I look forward to training in California with Rafael,” Březina said. I want to thank Karel Fajfr for his guidance and we remain on very good terms.”
Březina will relocate to California in July...
ETA:

Brezina tweeted his FS music back on June 2nd: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...and-choreographers.98547/page-11#post-4803544
I assume he means music from the 1968 film Once Upon a Time in the West, composed by Ennio Morricone. Tom Dickson is the choreographer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information