"LUXE", the third installment of Daisuke Takahashi's "Hyoen" - Yokohama Arena, May 15-17

ostile17

Here is the official website for "LUXE" Daisuke Takahashi's new installment of "Hyoen"

Yokohama Arena, May 15 - 17

This time there will not be a real story but the art form of the show will be the "revue", and like in reviews, rather than a story, there will be a theme. The theme is "A Tour of the World".

The Prince of Light (Daisuke Takahashi) will embark in a tour of the world, taking us with him to Europe and other fantastic places where, due to the special circumstances of the p*ndemic, we could not travel the past year.

There will be acting, singing, dancing and, of course, skating

Cast

Figure Skaters:
Daisuke Takahashi (The Prince of Light)
Shizuka Arakawa
Kana Muramoto
Akiko Suzuki
Keiji Tanaka (Guest skater)
Nobunari Oda
Kanako Murakami

Actors/Singers/Dancers:
Ayaka Hirahara
Seiki Fukushi
Kazuki Namioka
Tokuma Nishioka

Last edited:

ostile17

An interesting and quite long interview about the new show, with creators Kikunosuke Onoe (Supervision/Direction), Ryo Harada of the Takarazuka Revue company (Composition/Screenplay/Direction) and Kenji Miyamoto (Figure skating Choreography)

Works decently with Google Translate

What is a review-style ice show created by Kikunosuke Onoe, Ryo Harada, and Kenji Miyamoto?
An Interview with "LUXE"
The main part for those who don't want to read it all

-- Can you tell us about the concept of your work?

Onoe : As you can see in the title "LUXE," which means "luxury," I would like the spectators to spend a luxurious time there. In today's world, the things we can and want to provide to our customers are overflowing from the hearts of the staff, the cast, and everyone, and I feel that they are taking shape. It would be great if each of the performers could express on the rink how they would shine luxuriously as stars and jewels. As for the skeleton, Daisuke Takahashi is the prince of light in the land of light, and he jumps out to Europe with doubts, resistances, conflicts, and various things about his destiny. He travels around the world, including Oriental and Latin countries. I think that has some overlap with Daisuke's life as a skater. Since it is a review, there is not much dialogue, and it is structured so that each scene stands out on its own with various tastes, such as a fun dance scene with a lot of undulations, a scene where you can embrace the leading role of Daisuke.

mikeko

LUXE can be live-viewed in selected movie theaters.

The final show will be live broadcast on CS Nittele (cable channel)

These are great options for people who can not travel the Kanto/Tokyo area or are afraid to go to theaters.

Origial theme song written and performed by Ayaka Hirahara

mikeko

Act 1, Scene 4: Miroir -mirror-
Narcissus who reflected himself on the surface of the lake.
From the bottom of the water, he finds himself staring at another person.
The light and shadow of a man trapped in beauty ---.

Daisuke and Keiji: Narcissus and his reflexion

ostile17

Short clip from Going! just now

More pics

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
2-page article (May 17):

6 photos - Daisuke Takahashi (in first 4), Kana Muramoro, Shizuka Arakawa, Akiko Suzuki (last one):

ETA:

Last edited:

ostile17

I hope someone will put this show up after a while, at least Daisuke's numbers.
His skating has reached such an incredible depth, rich with thousands new layers brought on by the recent new experience with ice dance. It's a different Dai, so engulfing...
And according to his comments in the pamphlet, he clearly knows it and has confidence in his skating skill:

I think you will be able to enjoy this show also from the point of view how far my (skating) technique has been improved.”

The Narcissus number is a true work of art as is The Phoenix. I hope at least those will surface pretty soon.

ostile17

My prayers have been answered! Some kind soul has uploaded the four numbers with Dai!!!

📺
LUXE - Daisuke Takahashi and Keiji Tanaka - The Prince of Light + Narcissus
https://dai.ly/x81d4zg

📺
LUXE - Kana Muramoto & Daisuke Takahashi - Black Eagle + Matador
https://dai.ly/x81d5ha

📺
LUXE - Daisuke Takahashi - Phoenix/Finale
https://dai.ly/x81d5jt

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information