Love, Balls and Courting: Tennis V

Desperado

I watched the two matches she played in Toronto and the one in Cincinnati and I cannot believe the turnaround.

I heard that 10 days before the Open she started hitting with many WTA players, something she had never done in her career (she had a dedicated hitting partner) and Stubbs is helping her too. Just plain fabulous.

Less lucky night for Canada so far with Leylah out.

skatingguy

decently
Glad I summoned up the courage to watch the last game! Serena just beat the #2 player in the world. Next, Tomijanovic.
Kontaveit holds the #2 ranking currently, but has been struggling this year with injury, and long COVID, and the rank doesn't reflect her current form. It was good to see her play as well as she did, particularly in the second set.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am so nervous for Serena!

If I watch and she loses I will be sad that I missed the opportunity to watch her last match.

If I don't watch and she loses I will be sad For the same reason.

If I don't watch and she wins I will be happy for her.

I can't decide whether to watch. May be I should watch just the first set.

sk9tingfan

I am so nervous for Serena!

If I watch and she loses I will be sad that I missed the opportunity to watch her last match.

If I don't watch and she loses I will be sad For the same reason.

If I don't watch and she wins I will be happy for her.

I can't decide whether to watch. May be I should watch just the first set.
I'm there with you....

skatfan

Glad I watched the match (it was very good and exciting) as well as the speeches afterwards. Glad the crowd, which was very much on Serena’s side during the match, gave Tomljanovic an appreciative ovation before and after her very gracious remarks as the winner.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Absolute stunner in the mens field. American Frances Tiafoe (sp?) beat Nadal at the US open. I had never heard of this guy.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Wow, what a match by Khachanov! That was fun to watch.

Oh, and Kyrgios smashing racquets. Keep it classy there, Nick :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information