Love, Balls and Courting: Tennis V

jlai

Question everything
Truth be told, I wouldn't want every single moment of my life on camera. Surely there are moments in my life where my emotion gets the better of me and I do dumb things.

That said, yeah, come right out and apologize. You are a public figure.

Lacey

In addition to the actual incident, Djokovic should have had some statement before he left the stadium.

ETA: I see from above, he was fined $20,000 for not doing presser.

He also was fined his tournament winnings: $250,000 for the default.

Is it inappropriate to say perhaps he can give both monies to the lines woman?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 40371

Such a one-sided match between Tiafoe and Medvedev, Tiafoe looks completely lost from the beginning.

BaileyCatts

Does the Serena match really take place at midnight tonight?? :confused: The Draw chart I've been using says the match is at midnight 9/9?!? Surely that's a typo?

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Does the Serena match really take place at midnight tonight?? :confused: The Draw chart I've been using says the match is at midnight 9/9?!? Surely that's a typo?

My guess is that means Serena won't be playing before Sept. 9. She's not on today's schedule.

sk9tingfan

Jen Brady into the semifinals!:cheer2:

Really concerned about Serena. She's still trying to win this with what appears to be significant compromised pulmonary function due to the pulmonary embolus she suffered after giving birth to Olympia. You can really hear and see that she is severely out of breath.:eek:

Lacey

Jen Brady into the semifinals!:cheer2:

Really concerned about Serena. She's still trying to win this with what appears to be significant compromised pulmonary function due to the pulmonary embolus she suffered after giving birth to Olympia. You can really hear and see that she is severely out of breath.:eek:

Well, that's very concerning about Serena. The commentators (was it Chrissie and who else?) remarked on her breathing twice during her last match. Scary stuff.

sk9tingfan

Well, that's very concerning about Serena. The commentators (was it Chrissie and who else?) remarked on her breathing twice during her last match. Scary stuff.

I don't remember who it was but I noticed her breathing before the discussion. I would love her to win so that maybe, she feels she can retire. It's a good thing that the weather is so great right now in the northeast. I cannot even imagine how she would even be able to play if we had the usual heat and humidity;

Lacey

I don't remember who it was but I noticed her breathing before the discussion. I would love her to win so that maybe, she feels she can retire. It's a good thing that the weather is so great right now in the northeast. I cannot even imagine how she would even be able to play if we had the usual heat and humidity;

Doesn't Serena need two major wins to get the # of titles win? I don't think she will quit before that.

Lacey

Serena continued her matches with awesome serves tonight in the Semi. Azarenka stunk in the first set, woke up in the second. I think it was at the beginning of the third set, Serena took a very long injury time out in the middle of the game to (well it looked like to rest after some hideous heavy breathing) and get her left ankle re-taped where we didn't see any injury happen (very poor sportsmanship in my mind to try that, came back to haunt her). By stopping, she kind of took the wind out of her own sails and lost her concentration, and Azarenka snuck in with first 3 games of third set, despite Serena screaming long after every point. Azarenka proceeded to push Serena all around the court with some very deep returns, made her run and test that ankle. Game set match on final wrong call by Serena on an ace by Vika, now really, Serena that is no way to end a semi final match, on a call.

AZARENKA WON IN 3, Yoohoo. 1-6, 6-3, 6-3.

Going to be a great final with Osaka vs. Azarenka.

Last edited:

chantilly

Why do people dislike Azarenka? Apart from her grunt, I mean.
The grunt is very annoying for sure and the first reason I don’t like her.

I also thinks she’s had some rather poor sportsmanship a couple of times with delays of game.

in general I find her demeanour on the court off putting.

Lorac

I like both ladies but as Azarenka is a bit too much of a shrieker - though Serena gave her a good run for her money last night- I am leaning ever so slightly to Osaka especially with her array of face masks that she has worn this event. I just hope it is a good match going 3 sets.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
I'm begining to believe that the 24 for Serena wont come :(

Pressure is too much for her and with age her chances are getting smaller everytime, would love to see her wining that and tie the record but after yesterday SF and the last Grand Slam Finals she has lost already I just don't know

I don't see her at Roland Garros

sonsofanarchy

Banned Member
Can't stand Azarenka, and she only won due to a very poor performance due to Serena tonight, deserves no credit. Hope Osaka destroys her, she is the future of womens tennis and is a great lady and great ambassador for the game around the world. GO OSAKA!

liv

Loved Osaka since the first time I saw her years ago, way before she won the Open for the first time. No diva behaviour on or off the court... just a great talent.

I really wanted Azarenka to win that semi and get back to another final. I hate listening to her grunts, but she's had a tough few years with the custody battle for her son, so it's nice to see that she's having success again.

Hoping for a great match, and Osaka for the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

• 3T3T
Do Not Sell My Personal Information