Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

DobrinFan

Samodurova was landing some 3A in the practices before the СОVID19 stop. Guliakova- correct me if am wrong - I think she said in the interview she has a 3A and all Mishin girls were working on the quad?

Samodurova can barely jump over a newspaper. 3A/Quad? I'll believe when I see it. My bet is on Kostornaia every time.

Guliakova has been talking about this mythical 3A for years. Bet still on Kostornaia.

hanca

Values her privacy
Samodurova can barely jump over a newspaper. 3A/Quad? I'll believe when I see it. My bet is on Kostornaia every time.

Guliakova has been talking about this mythical 3A for years. Bet still on Kostornaia.
There was a video posted on YouTube of the 3A a few years back, so it definitely existed. One video doesn’t say how many unsuccessful attempts she had to do at that session to get one successful. It is possible that her success rate was very, very low, but she did land it and it looked clean. That doesn’t mean she can do it now though and that her success rate is high enough to put it into a competitive program.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Higher than Samodurova. Sofia's are very Sotoko like and I've seen all them live. Plus Sofia is weak on PCS, slow and poor ice coverage. I saw her at SA and GPF and she never skated to my end of the rink. Still, I bet on Kostornaia.
How do you bet on Valieva?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Kamila could peak at the right time, like Zagitova did.
Yes, she could. In fact, she's my bet. Timing is everything. She has the skills and the motivation and she'll hit the Os at just the right age with regard to growth spurts.

DobrinFan

I'm not a betting person, but I'd like to be able to bet on Kostornaia because of her all-around skills/package. My fingers are crossed that she can stay healthy and have programs worthy of her expressiveness.

Same.

hanca

Values her privacy
How do you bet on Valieva?
At the moment her skating doesn’t hit the spot for me. While technically she is very decent, I can’t see anything standing out yet. (That doesn’t mean that after this coming season she won’t have anything that would make her stand out). At the moment, if I think about Trusova, I think of high risk, very high technical skills (all the quads) and very sporty style. Scherbakova also has very high technical level, and her style very gentle and expressive, a bit like Mao Asada style. Kostornaya’s style is very elegant. But Valieva? She has some quads, but she needs more if she wants to compete with Trusova and Scherbakova on technical side. But she is doesn’t really have a style as such. I know she is still junior and it will come. While I admire Valieva’s quads, I prefer Usacheva’s style of skating (if I compare her to a skater of her age).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Higher than Samodurova.
No. They are both barely above the newspaper.
Sofia's are very Sotoko like and I've seen all them live.
Not even nearly. Aka Samodurova is not even nearly as graceful as Miyahara. If I had to name a Russian lady who is anywhere close to Miyahara I'd probably name Scherbakova.
Plus Sofia is weak on PCS, slow and poor ice coverage.
That's true for all Mishin's juniors - Tuktamysheva used to cover 20x30. She was asked about it in the first senior GP and her answer was `I'm small, so I cover a small part of the ice rink'.
I saw her at SA and GPF and she never skated to my end of the rink.
Her ice coverage in Minsk was not bad, at least I don't recall it being much worse than the other girls'. Perhaps she was not yet in shape at the GP, perhaps she was told to skate to the other side of the rink at least once a programme if she wanted to win something.
Still, I bet on Kostornaia.
Mine would be with Tutberidze. Am not sure Pluschenko can pull any weight in the Russian nationals. Between Tutberidze/Buyanova(with Tarasova and Orser)/Mishin am afraid he might be in Davydov/Panova league influence wise (Trusova aside).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
And in 10 mins comments from Butyrskaya, Bestemianova, Slutskaya, Leonova, Staviskii, Bobrova, Sotskova and perhaps Stolbova. Whose else phone numbers ria.ru guys have in their short dial?
Bestemianova - check, Butyrskaya - check.
Trankov and Dmitriev - how could I miss them!
Waiting for the rest of the line to comment....

DobrinFan

I just cannot with Goncharenko.

"To say that I am at a loss is to say nothing, my question is this - it seems that the transitions were completed on May 31, and why it is happening now, when the training camp has been completed and the programs have been set, it is not clear," Goncharenko said. "I can say that this is the behavior of not an accomplished personality, but of a teenager. Absolutely ungrateful behavior. As you know, a person must go through copper pipes in order to take place as a person. "

“I don’t know exactly what happened, but this girl is a member of the national team, she is actually at work and has to give an account of her actions. To be honest, I don’t even want to assess her chances in the future. My mood is too spoiled, I just want to support the coaching headquarters and Eteri Georgievna personally and wish them good work and good mood, no matter what, "the coach added.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Gleikhengauz
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDT8xI9oLtN/

Someone up for translating?

good evening everyone I want to comment it all the latest news and the situation, because guess it just hurts so I want to make it in one go, so sorry if my words let me down. I will say what I feel. We all know that Alena no longer trains in our team. The back history is quite short really - I personally don't see the logic behind it, so let me tell how it went: the training camp begins, all that in our team came and for two months we are in Novogorsk, which is obvious from my haircut. We were working, Eteri Georgievna and I with our other coaches go on the night ice for choreographing. Its' funny Alena was the first to get the new programme this year and as tyou can imagine I uploaded the videos I loved the programmes and the weirdest thing taht Alena loved it - she asked to film hwo she does the sptes and she was having fun. And then all of the sudden in the middle of July she started training badly, not following our instructions, answering rudely and showing all is wrong. It does not long for a long time, we go on the 2nd group practice with the little kids, Alena was waiting for us in the corridor saying she no longer wants to train she already made plans training in Pluschenko's group. As you can imagine the reaction when leaving the practice and hearing that. I told her you must be mad right now, perhaps you are hurt by something and it's a reaction. She said she made the decision 2 months ago. I said I can't believe it because I can't believe she could make a decision and then go to the camp with us and enjoy the programme so much. But as her actions show - it was true. I ask not to feel sorry for us - it's our job, we love figure skating, we love our job and it brings us happiness and pain and it's part of our life and job. It's hard right now after such things to remain open and keep loving our kids - our skaters, believe in them and support them. But it happens to everyone as I said it's part of our job. So.. I don't know what else to say. Thanks everyone for the support, we'll keep working , all is still ahead of us, hope we'll make you happy with out programmes, skaters and results. We'll just keep working

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I'm sure Eteri will be fine. Morisi as well as Shcherbakova and Samsonov, and of course Valieva and Usacheva, will have a long, successful, and healthy senior careers and be able to support Eteri's surgeries and Daniil's couture coats and appropriated choreography for decades to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information