Katia Gordeeva remarried??

Lana's Box

Had to look it up actually :p
If you looked it up, you probably noticed that Katia's first husband died, and David was publicly cheated on. Jamie was "dating" Craig Simpson while both were married with kids. David's hook up with Jamie was unfortunate, but he was young and stupid. Dave is 46 and Katia is 49. It's ok if they have a little happiness.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Relax already. I wasn't judging either of them - someone said they were getting a "second act" and I recalled that they had both had several serious relationships, so I looked it up and indeed each is now married for the third time, so a third act in terms of marriage, who knows how many in terms of serious relationships. Didn't say all the "acts" were good ones.

Chill!

Yogadgaf

Actually Lana, David wasn't publicly cheated on, altho it probably looked that way on the surface. David and Jamie were separated for all of 2009, many months before Battle OTB, with a couple of tries to patch things up (one last one after she and Craig had won BattleOTB) Jamie was devastated by the split. There was certainly some womanizing on his part (not getting into that, ancient history) but he didn't want to be married to her that's the bottom line. He's always been totally ok and really glad that Jamie found happiness.
Now Craig's wife, that's a different story. I don't think anyone but real insiders knew about the SP split going into that first BOTB, not even Craig. Lanny Macdonald was originally supposed to be Jamie's partner (I think?)...so that blindsided Christine Simpson. Beautiful woman. But, stuff happens.
Jamie is very high energy, emotional and kind person. Craig also, very generous, social justice minded. But David is just a bit of a cut above, intellectually. I'm not dissing anyone. He is extremely smart, incredibly well read, intense, a perfectionist. VERY witty. It just wasn'ta good match with Jamie.
I'm happy for everybody!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Relax already. I wasn't judging either of them - someone said they were getting a "second act" and I recalled that they had both had several serious relationships, so I looked it up and indeed each is now married for the third time, so a third act in terms of marriage, who knows how many in terms of serious relationships. Didn't say all the "acts" were good ones.

Chill!

And FWIW I don't remember seeing anything about David being publicly cheated on in his first marriage (I assume the OP is referring to that one). There was, however, a lot of criticism of him, either for allegedly trying to keep it quiet that he was married when he teamed up with Jamie, or for allegedly cheating on his wife with Jamie.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
And FWIW I don't remember seeing anything about David being publicly cheated on in his first marriage (I assume the OP is referring to that one). There was, however, a lot of criticism of him, either for allegedly trying to keep it quiet that he was married when he teamed up with Jamie, or for allegedly cheating on his wife with Jamie.
I agree, I don’t think he’s ever been cheated on

Lana's Box

Actually Lana, David wasn't publicly cheated on, altho it probably looked that way on the surface. David and Jamie were separated for all of 2009, many months before Battle OTB, with a couple of tries to patch things up (one last one after she and Craig had won BattleOTB) Jamie was devastated by the split. There was certainly some womanizing on his part (not getting into that, ancient history) but he didn't want to be married to her that's the bottom line. He's always been totally ok and really glad that Jamie found happiness.
Now Craig's wife, that's a different story. I don't think anyone but real insiders knew about the SP split going into that first BOTB, not even Craig. Lanny Macdonald was originally supposed to be Jamie's partner (I think?)...so that blindsided Christine Simpson. Beautiful woman. But, stuff happens.
Jamie is very high energy, emotional and kind person. Craig also, very generous, social justice minded. But David is just a bit of a cut above, intellectually. I'm not dissing anyone. He is extremely smart, incredibly well read, intense, a perfectionist. VERY witty. It just wasn'ta good match with Jamie.
I'm happy for everybody!
My name is not Lana. Lana's Box is an homage to something. While David & Jamie may have been separated (I don't live with them, and don't know that "he didn't want to be married to her"), they were very much marketed as a married couple. Starting a public "romance" with another married dude was not a good look, sorry. And all while Christine was schlepping Dillon & Riley all over Canada for their hockey tournaments. Bleh. Jamie may have been unhappy with David, but come on girl - don't go after a married guy.

dogbert

The quoted portion of your post confirms what I heard from :sekret: after Jamie and David separated but before BOTB. :sekret: was dining in official hotel restaurant and overhead a tearful Jamie pouring her heart out about the split to others in the skating world bubble. So yes, she was devastated and from that I always assumed that the split was David's decision, for whatever reason.

Don't know any of the parties, so have no idea about how she later ended up with Craig or the Craig/Christine situation.

Lana's Box

How about "come on, married guy, don't cheat on your wife!"
Absolutely. This is a figure skating forum, so the focus is on figure skaters. I would tell you what I think about Craig Simpson, but I would be permanently banned from this website for extensive use of profanity.

Kimkeb

I wish them the best, if they are indeed married. This definitely would be the third marriage for both of them and I hope it works out. I think they have been together for awhile because Katia and David skated together for her benefit show in honor of Sergei in 2015 and you could definitely see chemistry there. It truly was a beautiful program. I wonder if they were planning to get married and it was moved up so to speak because the border between Canada and US was and is closed due to COVID. I know there was a lot of gossip around both of their previous marriages, but I hope the third time is a charm, lol.

Kimkeb

I wish them the best, if they are indeed married. This definitely would be the third marriage for both of them and I hope it works out. I think they have been together for awhile because Katia and David skated together for her benefit show in honor of Sergei in 2015 and you could definitely see chemistry there. It truly was a beautiful program. I wonder if they were planning to get married and it was moved up so to speak because the border between Canada and US was and is closed due to *********. I know there was a lot of gossip around both of their previous marriages, but I hope the third time is a charm, lol.
Wait are you not allowed to say Covid

Perky Shae Lynn

I continue to be confounded why Katia attracts such a conservative fanbase, the type that's still scandalized by whisperings of (get out the smelling salts) third marriage!
Gordeeva & Grinkov were a picture of perfection - youth, purity, beauty, elegance, etc. Some fans have a hard time moving on. The truth is, Katia is almost 50 and has lived a life. She's always been beautiful and charming. Yes folks, Katia has had romantic relationships. Shocking.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Huh? Katia was married to Sergei who passed away. She got a divorce from Ilia Kulik. Idk where this Phyllis Schlafly rant is coming from.
I don't think they are referring to her... But whatever, may the third time be the charm for the newest skating couple.

Last edited:

Kimkeb

Gordeeva & Grinkov were a picture of perfection - youth, purity, beauty, elegance, etc. Some fans have a hard time moving on. The truth is, Katia is almost 50 and has lived a life. She's always been beautiful and charming. Yes folks, Katia has had romantic relationships. Shocking.
I agree. I think many of Katia’s fans which are probably older as well have never moved on from Sergei’s death. Sergei has been deceased 25 years now and of course Katia has moved on with other relationships and even had another child. I think a lot of her fans never let go and continue to romanticize her relationship with Sergei. There was no question that they were beautiful skaters, but who knows if they would have remained married.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
While David & Jamie may have been separated (I don't live with them, and don't know that "he didn't want to be married to her"), they were very much marketed as a married couple. Starting a public "romance" with another married dude was not a good look, sorry. And all while Christine was schlepping Dillon & Riley all over Canada for their hockey tournaments. Bleh. Jamie may have been unhappy with David, but come on girl - don't go after a married guy.

I don't agree that they were "marketed as a married couple". There was publicity around their wedding and their son being born, but there was more emphasis on their skating partnership than their marriage. They also skated together professionally for two years after they announced they were breaking up.

And I think a lot of people didn't know that Sale and Simpson were an item until they got married. So I don't agree that she was "starting a public romance with another married dude".

You also seem to have a bit of a double standard going on. Why does it reflect badly on Sale that Simpson's wife was taking their kids to hockey tournaments? Why aren't you getting on Simpson's case for (allegedly) sneaking around with Sale while his wife was doing all that work?

Last edited:

Judy

My marriage is strong, but like every marriage there are ups and downs. I meant some people felt it wasn’t worth trying to make it work and sees divorce as an easier option
Divorce is not easy trust me. I’m divorced and it was one of the most difficult periods in my life. I doubt anyone would say it is easy. You are right there are always ups and downs and you to keep at it.

Blair

Chill!
When I said 2nd act, i meant their story wasn’t over yet and have more life to live. Not that I’m counting their marriages.

And I believe many unmarried people have happy fulfilling lives. I’m just sayin good for Katia and David. I suspect his Ex from 20 years ago has moved on by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information