Jessica Walter Dead at 80

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
I didn't watch Arrested Development so I almost didn't recognize her. Then I tried to remember where I knew her from and checked her bio. She was never the star of a big series that I watched, but she was a guest star on every show I watched in the 70's and 80's . I just kept scrolling and scrolling through her imdb bio. What a remarkable career.

vireo

I'll always remember her as Evelyn, the knife wielding stalker in Play Misty for Me.

She was so beautiful and had such an air of sophistication. I love her speaking voice, with that little touch of huskiness.

Cachoo

Archer will never be the same without her as his badass Mom. I think she could do anything and seemed to enjoy the variety. RIP.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.

This really sucks. I didn't think of her being 80 years old, and assumed she would be with us for years to come. Lucille Bluth is one of the all-time greatest television characters, and apparently the total opposite of Jessica Walter.

Incidentally enough, about 10 years ago I re-watched my Arrested Development DVDs with my boyfriend at the time. He didn't get it AT ALL and in retrospect that was the moment I should have realized we weren't compatible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information