Javier Fernandez to skip Grand Prix, compete at Euros (threads merged)

Spun Silver

It is so rare to be able to choose not only when you go out but exactly on what terms. That is one special skater. Congratulations and thank you, Javy. Your talent stood out from the first time I saw you way back when. It's been a wonderful journey with you, and your friendship and rivalry with Yuzu showed what heroes you both are, in search of the possible/impossible dream. I wish you everything good in the future - vaya con Dios.

I will always cherish the video of a Spanish family watching him win his first Worlds title. (Alas, I can't find it now.)

Fiero425

Yeah, rarely close to doing anything outside of it.

Except 3 straight World silver medals and a 4th place at the Olympics 😶

Well there is that which I'm quite aware of, but in the grand scheme of all things competitive, who'll care years from now? We do, but most won't! I personally think she was robbed a few times, but she wasn't willing to "play the game!" I was the same way and did things the way I preferred and just dealt with the consequences! She proved she could beat Oksana by winning Europeans over her in the 90's before Lillehammer in '94! She probably should have taken Worlds over Sato in '94 and Chen in '95, but what can you do? :rolleyes: :judge: :shizuka1: :oksana1: :sarah1: :sasha1:

Debrah

Thrilled for Javier! What a great inspiration he was/is and will continue to be for Spanish skating, and indeed all the other small federations within the ISU. He has shown the world how to dream big, then how to make that dream into reality despite all the odds and obstacles. 1 person really can make a difference. May he continue to do so, as he transitions into the new challenges in his life journey. Go Javier!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information