ITV's 'Dancing On Ice' returns in 2018 with Torvill & Dean as judges this time

Sylvia

TBD
http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/09/danci...eiled-and-theres-four-familiar-faces-7066473/
Brianne Delcourt... Dan Whiston, Sylvain Longchambon and Matt Evers will be pairing with celebrities when Dancing On Ice returns in January. Eight new skaters were unveiled by Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield, with the professionals hailing from everywhere from the UK to Mexico. Melody Le Moal, Brandee Malto, Ale Izquierdo, Vanessa Bauer, Megan Marschall, Hamish Gaman, Lloyd Jones and Matej Silecky will be joining the four returning pros to take some uneasy celebs onto the ice.
This article includes the ages of the pros: http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/full-list-dancing-ice-2018-13880272

Sept. 4th press release: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/dancing-ice-return-2018
Legendary skating duo Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean will be reunited with original hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on the show that sees celebrity skaters take to the ice in a bid to dance and dazzle their way to glory.
Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean said “We are thrilled that Dancing On Ice is returning to ITV next year and delighted to announce our new roles on the judging panel. The show struck such a huge chord with the viewers ever since it launched in 2006, with many of them taking up skating as a result. We can’t wait to be back on screen in 2018, with a bigger and better series for a brand new audience.”

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I am watching. I only really started watching to see Mark Hanretty and I was also pleased to see Hamish Gaman. I didn’t used to like DOI at all but I am very pleasantly surprised! It works so much better with T/D on the judging panel. Their opinion actually counts now and they can be more critical. It is also great that the pros choreograph the routines as it feels like a team is competing instead of just a celebrity, plus there are pro group numbers. The only thing I think is missing that there used to be years ago is the required element.
Jayne and Chris give almost the same scores every time, although in the first show she gave a much higher score than him and he shot her quite a scathing look! :lol:

Tinami Amori

I am watching. I only really started watching to see Mark Hanretty and I was also pleased to see Hamish Gaman. I didn’t used to like DOI at all but I am very pleasantly surprised! It works so much better with T/D on the judging panel. Their opinion actually counts now and they can be more critical. It is also great that the pros choreograph the routines as it feels like a team is competing instead of just a celebrity, plus there are pro group numbers. The only thing I think is missing that there used to be years ago is the required element.
Jayne and Chris give almost the same scores every time, although in the first show she gave a much higher score than him and he shot her quite a scathing look! :lol:
Yey! Bring the Brits out! you're a big important country too..... :D

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the Papadakis/Cizeron fan thread:
Gabi and Guillaume are invited to the show "Dancing on Ice" (on ITV in Great Britain with Torvill and Dean) on Sunday March 4th
Side note: I'm curious as to how G&G deal with that tiny rink. Here's Penny and Nick's [Feb. 4th] performance on the show just to give you an idea of how small the rink is.
ETA:

Olympic Ice Dancers Nick and Penny Rate Our Celebs' First Skates! | Dancing On Ice 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWwCw8xyyqs

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Somewhat OT: our local shows have listed Dancing with the stars on March 3rd at one of the prime theatres that host popular singers. Does this mean the show will have past performers from DWTS or is this a part of the upcoming competition?

I was considering buying a ticket until I discovered that I had a scheduling conflict. There is just no way I can make it to the show, but I want to find out if this is a real competition or just a show with performers from past DWTS.

antmanb

I have to say that it's a shame that Brooke made it to the final at the expense of Kem. I think she is the weakest skater by far. She had made great improvements, but on top of the fact the male celebs have the harder time having to perform lifts etc, I think it's a shame the public vote kept her in especially with the slightly contrived pull on the heart strings using Ariana Grande track.

I don't know why the judges were so blown away my Jake's attempt at the "Detroiter", when I was far more impressed that he hit a fairly passable pivot for the BO death spiral - I was genuinely impressed with that.

I also feel like Max keeps getting hosed for not doing rotating lift, despite the fact he's doing big overhead lifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information