ISU Skating Awards online - Saturday, July 11, 2020

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I have a ton of respect for Med but how the hell did this get nominated for "Most Entertaining Program"?

Definitely my biggest WTF nomination.
Me either. I'm fine with either Gabby and her boy or Kevin to win this. He'll cry if he wins.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Good win for P/C. That program is the definiton of entertaining. And it was a bit of a risk to step so far outside their comfort zone.

Definitely one of my favorite programs of the year, with the obvious exceptions of programs from Leonova and Galustyan. ;)

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Ok this seems very unnecessary. Give Hanyu his award and then I can go walk my dog while the sun is still out :2faced:

Chat seems to love it, somewhat surprisingly.

I'm actually really liking it, too. I'm not usually a show skating fan, but I'm starved for skating content. Plus I've always been a bit of an Elladj Balde uber. :)

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I think this works pretty well as an online event. It would have been annoying in the Worlds gala, unnecessary when we should just have been celebrating the World performances. It’s been entertaining enough while there are so little other skating related things to watch. Well done Tanith and Charlie too although she clearly seems a lot more comfortable than him he’s done ok!

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Chat seems to love it, somewhat surprisingly.

I'm actually really liking it, too. I'm not usually a show skating fan, but I'm starved for skating content. Plus I've always been a bit of an Elladj Balde uber. :)
When I typed that the skating cutaways hadn’t started :slinkaway

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
If Hanyu doesn't win Most Valuable Skater, shit will hit the fan. :scream:

I'll immediately check out the carnage on Twitter. :watch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information