ISU Provisional Allotments for 2024, 2025 and 2026

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Solves a dilemma for me. I sort of wanted to go but not support Orban at the same time.
I get that. But I’ve never been to Budapest and it’s the travel week for us from DC to Israel, so it worked. I’m hoping for another Euro city I would like to spend a little time in, with direct flights from DC and Tel Aviv. Because it’s all about me. ;)

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I get that. But I’ve never been to Budapest and it’s the travel week for us from DC to Israel, so it worked. I’m hoping for another Euro city I would like to spend a little time in, with direct flights from DC and Tel Aviv. Because it’s all about me. ;)
Budapest always sounded like such a great city to visit. I was trying to talk Mr Lanie into it, for my birthday but maybe I'll just do US Nats, tbh I spent less money on GPF than I have done for US Nationals :shuffle:

SidelineSkater

Budapest always sounded like such a great city to visit. I was trying to talk Mr Lanie into it, for my birthday but maybe I'll just do US Nats, tbh I spent less money on GPF than I have done for US Nationals :shuffle:

We visited Budapest on a Central Europe trip in 2012 (Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Berlin) - Budapest was enjoyable b/c it was gritty and beautiful - plus it is featured on the Viking cruise commercials we see during some skating evnets! Would love to do Euros sometime. Hotel prices for US Nats seem to be outrageous, so I could see total travel and tix being cheaper for other events.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I love Budapest, I travelled there solo after Euros in Bratislav. Beautiful city, pretty castle, lovely Opera house and fantastic Baths.

Vagabond

As of May 31, 2021, the bids for 2024 Euros had been:

BLR Minsk January 22-28, 2024​
BUL Sofia January 22-28, 2024​
CRO Zagreb January 22-28, 2024​
CZE Ostrava January 22-28, 2024​
HUN Budapest January 22-28, 2024 -- which received provisional allotment​
SVK Bratislava January 22-28, 2024​

As of Apr 22, 2022:

The one bid for 2025 Euros had been:​
CRO Zagreb January 20-26, 2025 -- which received provisional allotment​

The bids for 2026 Euros had been:​

AUT Innsbruck January 12-18, 2026​
GBR Sheffield January 12-18, 2026 -- which received provisional allotment​
SUI Lausanne January 12-18, 2026​

As of Apr 21, 2023, the bids for 2027 Euros are:

BUL Sofia January 25-31, 2027​
GER Essen January 18-24, 2027​
SUI Lausanne January 25-31, 2027 [which originally had been the one bid for 2027 Euros, as of Dec 7, 2022]​
SVK Bratislava January 25-31, 2027​

Anywhere but Minsk! Anywhere!

:soapbox:

Hedwig

Antique member
No wrong. Its about me :drama:
I would love something like Vienna- there I could go easily by train and another beautiful city 🥰

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
No wrong. Its about me :drama:
I would love something like Vienna- there I could go easily by train and another beautiful city 🥰
I’ve been to Vienna and didn’t much like it. I vote for the Spanish fed to do me a solid and put it there as I’ve never been to Spain, somehow. But Italy would be fine, too.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
😱😱😱
Vienna is wonderful. You probably did not see the best parts. So it HAS to be there and I will volunteer as your tour guide 😎
My daughter and I did a trip to Berlin, Prague and Vienna in 2011. For some reason, Vienna felt cold and unwelcoming (and now I can’t even eat the pastries.) we adored Berlin.

flatfoot

As of Apr 21, 2023, the bids for 2027 Euros are:

BUL Sofia January 25-31, 2027
GER Essen January 18-24, 2027
SUI Lausanne January 25-31, 2027 [which originally had been the one bid for 2027 Euros, as of Dec 7, 2022]
SVK Bratislava January 25-31, 2027

With all of the financial problem that the DEU fed seems to be having at the moment, if their hosting would improve their funding I hope to see it there in 2027.
Although it is a long way from now and I hope something positive happens foe them soon.

kalamalka

My daughter and I did a trip to Berlin, Prague and Vienna in 2011. For some reason, Vienna felt cold and unwelcoming (and now I can’t even eat the pastries.) we adored Berlin.
I was a bit reluctant to go to Vienna (went through it once on the way to Bratislava, but didn't feel like tackling it - it seemed too expensive), but when I did go a couple of years later, loved it. It helped that in two stays of a few days each, I was in good AirBnbs with great hosts (one of them by far the best AirBNB I've ever been in), and I enjoyed wandering the city and found lots of good free stuff to do and see (including an open house day at Vienna Opera, with lots of behind-scenes access and mini-performances/rehearsals, and an opportunity to go on stage). Also a cheap transit pass, and a really good bike share program. Have been wanting to go back.

(I do like Budapest too, and had been thinking about going to Euros because it was to be there)

Sylvia

TBD
Today ISU announced May 26 as the deadline for new applications to host 2024 Euros, in light of Hungary's inability to host.

ISU Communication No. 2541 - hosting requirements/info re. Applications for ISU Championships - is linked from the above press release: https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...munications/30805-isu-communication-2541/file

ice coverage

Bids for 2024 Euros, as of Jun 2:

BUL Sofia (for dates of January 22-28, 2024)
LTU Kaunas (for dates of January 8-15 or January 29-February 4, 2024)
POL Warsaw (for dates of January 22-28, 2024)​

Links to ISU bids summaries:

Bid summaries with additional details, as of May 31:

2024 Euros​

2027 Euros (for previously announced bids from Sofia BUL; Essen GER; Lausanne SUI; Bratislava SVK)​

2027 Four Continents (for previously announced bid from Shenyang City CHN)​

2028 Worlds (for previously announced bids from Vienna AUT; Malmö SWE)​

ISU Championships bids update as of Apr 21, 2023 (with my annotations): ...

2027 Synchro Worlds​
Nottingham GBR - new bid as of Apr 2023 (for dates of Mar 31-Apr 1 or Apr 7-8, 2028)​

I apparently made a dumb copy-and-paste error in my post from Apr 24 -- sorry. Corrected version:

2027 Synchro Worlds​
Nottingham GBR - new bid as of Apr 2023 (for dates of Mar 31-Apr 1 or Apr 7-8, 2028 Apr 2-3, 2027)​

Last edited:

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Hoping for Sofia. Lithuania and Poland in January, brrrr.
I'd put money on either Sofia or Warsaw, with Warsaw having the edge. Their bid dates are for the same week Euros was originally scheduled for Budapest.

sus2850

No direct flights or any flights so far that I can find from my parts of Germany. Might get complicated

shah

Shhh... shhh...
ISU European Figure Skating Championships 2024, Kaunas (LTU) January 8-14, 2024

So early in January, damn :(.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
There are not even any one-stop flights from D.C. Going thru London means changing airports. Could they have found a more inaccessible place?

Flying to Vilnius is a bit easier, it’s 1.5 hours by train to Kaunas, but if you’ve already flown 18 hours it’s a PITA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information