ISU Grand Prix 2019/20 and provisional dates for 2020/21

Sylvia

TBD
ISU press release today: https://www.isu.org/media-centre/pr...657-isu-gp-and-challenger-series-2019-20/file

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2019/2020
The Council confirmed the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2019/20 as follows:

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Skate America Las Vegas, NV / USA Oct 18-20, 2019 [link to GSD event info thread]
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Skate Canada International Kelowna / CAN Oct 25-27, 2019 [link to GSD event info thread]
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Internationaux de France Grenoble / FRA Nov 1-3, 2019
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Cup of China Chongqing / CHN Nov 8-10, 2019
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating - Rostelecom Cup Moscow / RUS Nov 15-17, 2019
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating - NHK Trophy Sapporo / JPN Nov 22-24, 2019
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final Torino / ITA Dec 5-8, 2019

ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2020/2021
The Council provisionally approved the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Calendar for the season 2020/21 as follows:

Skate America TBA / USA Oct 23-25, 2020
Skate Canada International TBA / CAN Oct 30-Nov. 1, 2020
Cup of China TBA / CHN Nov 6-8, 2020
Internationaux de France TBA / FRA Nov 13-15, 2020
Rostelecom Cup Moscow / RUS Nov 20-22, 2020
NHK Trophy TBA / JPN Nov 27-29, 2020
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final Beijing / CHN Dec 10-13, 2020

Note: I've started a separate GSD thread for the ISU Challenger Series locations/dates this fall: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/2019-isu-challenger-series.105455/

Last edited:

Carina

Have a question for those who has been in Palavela before but also in the arena used for GPF in Marseille.
Consering food in arena, toilets and local transportation is it about the same, worst or better ?
I found the arena Marseille really bad at all those thing (never knew you could have a bad baguettes in France before that), so before planning anything I like to sort these things out.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Have a question for those who has been in Palavela before but also in the arena used for GPF in Marseille.
Consering food in arena, toilets and local transportation is it about the same, worst or better ?
I found the arena Marseille really bad at all those thing (never knew you could have a bad baguettes in France before that), so before planning anything I like to sort these things out.

Can't recall having food at either arena, but the Palavela has a large shopping centre and Eataly 10 minutes walk away whereas Marseille had a petrol station. PALAVELA

Toilets - Marseille's one were smelly, the Palavela's are non-existent. TIE

Public transportation - Lingotto has a metro station now. PALAVELA

Carina

Thanks ! Booked tickets for Revulotion on ice, so not sure I can afford another trip as well.

SidelineSkater

I'm sure it's been answered somewhere before - do we know when the selection will be for the Grand Prix events? I know it's usually associated with an ISU meeting, I want to say sometime in June?

gatorinfl

I'm sure it's been answered somewhere before - do we know when the selection will be for the Grand Prix events? I know it's usually associated with an ISU meeting, I want to say sometime in June?

I am wondering the same thing. I think you are correct that it will be sometime in June. I seem to recall late June last year.

DobrinFan

Just received an email with prices for GPF.

Experience firsthand the emotions of ISU GPF 2019-2020

The champions you dream of, the emotions you were waiting for, finally live.
The elegance, the performance and the indescribable charm of figure skating arrive at Palavela in Turin from 5th - 8th December for the most anticipated sports event of the year, the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating ® Final 2019/2020.
For fans, curious and enthusiasts, this is a unique and unforgettable chance to witness firsthand the performances of the greatest figure skaters in the world in a thrilling context and a fabulous atmosphere.
We aimed for the sky just to offer you a protagonist experience that will allow you to experience at its best every detail and every moment of this unmissable adventure.

Starting from June 28th VIP package tickets will be available, the ideal passepartout to experience the event in a completely exclusive way.

VIP PACKAGE
Whether you are looking for a memorable gift for yourself or your loved ones, or you aim to captivate your most prestigious clients and partners, we have prepared an offer just for you.
Three different VIP packages for your needs, available both for companies and private citizens.
Every package includes:
  • Full access to training sessions
  • Access to the three days of competition
  • Access to the closing gala
Here are the three packages:
VIP PLATINUM PLUS: exclusive seats in the Platinum Plus sector, private entrance, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, Deluxe gift - € 1600

VIP PLATINUM: exclusive seats in the Platinum sector, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, gift - € 1375

VIP GOLD: exclusive seats in the Gold sector, dedicated lounge and hostess, gourmet catering, gift - € 990

For more information on the services you can send and email to [email protected]
In the next few months more ticketing options will become available. From July 19th ALL EVENT tickets will become available starting from € 230,00, and from October 3rd SINGLE TICKET sales will be open.

https://mailchi.mp/torino2019.com/ticket-sales-opening#

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking
None of the advertised gold packages for less than $1000 US. WTF ISU, most skating fans are not multimillionaires. :mitchell:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
None of the advertised gold packages for less than $1000 US. WTF ISU, most skating fans are not multimillionaires. :mitchell:

The gp final is cheap less than 350$ for all event pass.. the only expensive ones are for the vip packages with food an drinks private lounges etc,..

DobrinFan

The gp final is cheap less than 350$ for all event pass.. the only expensive ones are for the vip packages with food an drinks private lounges etc,..

We will have to see what the non-VIP prices are because they didn't tell us. They only told us that they start at €230,00 and we don't know where any of these seats are.

peibeck

Simply looking
Right the cheapest seat listed now is about $260 US, so I think the all event passes (non-gold) will be more than $350 US.

Irregardless, $1000+ for GPF tickets is too steep, even with free food and perks, unless it's a Mateo Guarisse sandwich. :p

Enchanted

I see, with those prices I might be interested. Last year I couldn’t go, so I didn’t even check the prices.

DobrinFan

Website is live for GPF
https://www.torino2019.com/

Seating chart
https://www.torino2019.com/en/tickets/seating-map/

I'm guessing Bronze 2 will be the cheap seats 230 euros.

If you want to buy a ticket, just know that you will have to buy an all event ticket then add a gala ticket and they both must be the same section/seat otherwise you will not be able to purchase. Ticketing system is dumb.

ETA:
So non-VIP tickets for each sections should be approx.:
Platinum Plus (apparently sold out)
Platinum €610
Gold €470
Silver ?
Bronze 1 ?
Bronze 2 €230

Last edited:

RomyNL

Is there any information when they will start selling individual events tickets for GPF? Thanks!

DobrinFan

GPF all-event prices are up, just sent by email.

Platinum €758
Gold €584
Silver €459
Bronze 1 €335
Bronze 2 €230

Every package will include:
  • Access to all training sessions
  • Access to the three competition days
  • Access to the closing Gala
Also, according to Twitter, they have simplified the ticket buying process. So now, the gala will be apart of the all-event ticket so you don't have to select them individually like during the VIP sale.

Hanna

Skating junkie
Man, those are some high prices. It was not that many years ago that a very good ticket for the GPF was 200€ instead of 600€. :shuffle: I really can't wait for Hanyu to retire - maybe the insane prices will go back to reasonable levels. Or at least stop going up more and more every year.

colton12314

I'm considering buying tickets (and if so, this will be my first one I watch in person ever). How does individual event tickets generally work? I don't really watch Pairs or ID so primarily I'd like to watch Junior Ladies and Senior Men and Ladies SP/FS. Don't really care about Gala either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information