iPad issue

clairecloutier

Hi, I wanted to ask about a small problem I’m having with FSU and my iPad. When I try to reply to a thread, the reply box comes up. But when I start typing, the reply box disappears beneath the keyboard display. So I can’t see what I’m typing, and can’t correct mistakes very well. This only seems to be a problem with FSU—I’m not experiencing it on Twitter, Facebook, or elsewhere. Not sure what to do.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I’m on an iPad too and don’t have this issue, what browser are you using?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I have the same thing as @clairecloutier , but only when the “there are new posts” thing pops up while I’m typing. I just scroll a bit and my reply box is visible. It’s really annoying for pbp threads. I’m using Safari.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Ok, I don’t really post in PBP threads so I wouldn’t know.
@Server Guy , this seems to be a problem in fast moving threads.

@Aceon6 and @clairecloutier , was this a problem last season? Or just started to happen now?

clairecloutier

@Aceon6 and @clairecloutier , was this a problem last season? Or just started to happen now?

I first had this problem maybe 4-6 months ago? It went on for a month or so. Then it resolved itself & went away. The problem resurfaced sometime in the past 2 weeks.

Sorry. I know this probably sounds weird and vague! :( And I admit, I am not that computer-savvy.

It's not a big problem; I just thought I'd ask about it.

Aceon6

I’ve noticed it more in the last month or two, probably because I’m on the comp threads. What happens is that the There Are Posts thing pops and what I see is the list of users viewing the thread. I have to scroll to see the text box again.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
This seems like a tricky issue to replicate. Is there a specific time and thread I can reproduce this in? I don't have an iPad either but I imagine it'd be the same on an iPhone.

Aceon6

This seems like a tricky issue to replicate. Is there a specific time and thread I can reproduce this in? I don't have an iPad either but I imagine it'd be the same on an iPhone.
Try it in any PBP thread during IdF this weekend. Start typing a post and just leave the text box showing. As soon as someone else posts, the new posts message and users who are viewing this thread list will push the text box down and off the viewable screen.

As I’m thinking of it, I doubt it can be fixed as the new posts message and user list have a relative fixed position that is higher than the position of the text box.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Try it in any PBP thread during IdF this weekend.

It might have been a bit more appropriate to have fully explained to @Server Guy what you actually meant by this. He’s not a skating fan but helps things run around here.

I’ll translate for him at the weekend and hope he has the time to look.

Aceon6

It might have been a bit more appropriate to have fully explained to @Server Guy what you actually meant by this. He’s not a skating fan but helps things run around here.

I’ll translate for him at the weekend and hope he has the time to look.
Sorry. @Server Guy Starting Friday at 15:00 Paris time. The first play by play thread for Internationaux de France will be the one with Men’s Short in the title.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information