Interesting "facts" on Peacock's athlete bios

CantALoop

keeper of Rinka's isopod plushies
I also posted this in the Nathan Chen thread, but the more I look at the athletes' bios on the 'cocktv's website, there are a lot of interesting facts.

For example, did you know?
There's probably other juicy tidbits out there but my break is almost over :lol:

screech

I also posted this in the Nathan Chen thread, but the more I look at the athletes' bios on the 'cocktv's website, there are a lot of interesting facts.

For example, did you know?
There's probably other juicy tidbits out there but my break is almost over :lol:
Being in Canada I can't access the Peacock website, however Vincent is the first person to successfully land a quad lutz at the Olympics...

CantALoop

Being in Canada I can't access the Peacock website, however Vincent is the first person to successfully land a quad lutz at the Olympics...
True, but in his bio blurb with the athletes' headshots, it leaves out the "at the Olympics" part, full stop:
In 2018, Zhou became the first person to land a quadruple lutz.

VGThuy

Re: Zhou, someone at the cock heard the truth but was only half-listening and left out the qualifier that makes that statement true. Glad to see Nathan and Mai rumors were actually true.

Vagabond

Someone has edited out these mistakes, but Kori Ade remains Jason Brown's coach. If it's on the Internet, it must be true. ;)

On other fronts, I am glad to see that Alexa Knierim earned an Olympic title in 2018 with her husband and former skating partner, Chris.🥇

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
They can't fire someone who doesn't exist. Sadly the days of fact-checking at most major media organizations are long gone.

These "facts" were probably put together by an overworked intern or freelancer who is being paid too little to create content.
It's like the promotional material that the Australian Olympic Committee put out discussing the 3 phases of the ice dance competition - information gathered from readily accessible sources but not verified by anyone with enough knowledge to know the information was wrong.

CantALoop

Maybe we could start enough rumors of a sekret baby over the next cycle and sneak it onto a Team USA hopeful's wiki page just before 2026 Milan, it'll be picked up by the next NBC Olys intern and posted on their website :sekret: :2faced:

It's Nathan and "Mia Mihata"s sekret baby :sekret:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information