In Memoriam

Cachoo

:( First time I saw him act was in BBC's The Singing Detective - he was AMAZING in it.
You look on IMDB and he was so versatile and not afraid to go for a smaller, supporting part if it was juicy. I loved (and hated) him in "The Insider" as a sneering, Southern cigarette executive. The people who worked with him said he could be joking around right up until "action" was called and he could instantly snap into character. RIP.

Last edited:

Vagabond

Spiralgraph

For all of us Red Sox fans the death of retired pitcher Tim Wakefield on October 1st was really heartbreaking.What a player, but more important what a terrific person he was. RIP

Cachoo

For all of us Red Sox fans the death of retired pitcher Tim Wakefield on October 1st was really heartbreaking.What a player, but more important what a terrific person he was. RIP

I think I value the Roberto Clemente Award above all other awards given in baseball. And he was a recipient. Brain cancer is so awful. RIP

Vagabond

A gifted article about Charles Feeney, the philanthropist who gave away almost all of his fortune and afterwards lived simply in San Francisco.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Rudolph Isley, an Original and Enduring Isley Brother, Dies at 84 https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/12/arts/music/rudolph-isley-dead.html?smid=nytcore-android-share

Shout and It's Your Thing, were part of my music generation. I think Shout was played at wedding receptions for generations.

RIP

The Isley Brother were definiely part of the music of my younger years and into the next generation. “Shout” was played at my niece’s wedding reception in 2010(where I likely made a fool of myself dancing to it :shuffle: ).

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

And f*** Curt Schilling for publicizing that both Tim and his wife were fighting cancer, when they wanted it to be private.

watchthis!!

It's being reported that Suzanne Sommers died today. After battling breast cancer for years.

It's sad that in the late 70's, Sommers basically sacrificed her career to get equal pay for women, but all these years later, that issue still remains an ongoing fight. :(

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
It's sad that in the late 70's, Sommers basically sacrificed her career to get equal pay for women, but all these years later, that issue still remains an ongoing fight. :(
You got that right. I heard on the news not long ago that Vanna White will finally get a pay raise after 18 years.

RIP, Suzanne Sommers. She was a fighter, and she will be missed. ❤️❤️

Cachoo

Lara Parker, author and actress who played Angelique Bouchard Collins, among several other roles, in the US ABC afternoon Gothic soap "Dark Shadows" (and 2 related feature films), has died.

A face I haven't seen for a long time---I think the soap opera started each day right as I was getting home from school. RIP

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Ivor Robson, the long time first tee announcer at The Open Championships (aka The British Open) has passed. He was 83. Mr. Robson is most noted for never leaving his announcer post from the time the first group arrived on the tee until the last group was walking down the first fairway. I can still hear him in my head.. “On the tee, from Northern Ireland, Rory McIlroy.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information