I Have Got to Stay Out of Sephora (and other glamourpuss issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quartz

scratching at the light
Just changed out my nail polish from Essie's Turquoise and Caicos, which is the exact shade of the ocean in my current avatar, and now have my everyday winter shade of Essie's Chinchilly, a purpley grey. Back to work tomorrow :(....I'd sure rather still be in Cuba!

Oh! I found a hat yesterday! A very cute light grey felt with taupe trim. Not sure what style it is, a close fitting round top and a small straight brim. I also found a darker grey, wool and cashmere men's coat, knee length on me, that it goes with perfectly. Paid $15 at the thrift store for them. I have taupe boots and purse that match the taupe trim on the hat. It all looks super cute together. :glamor:
Well, I like it anyways. :rofl:

skatesindreams

Oh! I found a hat yesterday! A very cute light grey felt with taupe trim. Not sure what style it is, a close fitting round top and a small straight brim. I also found a darker grey, wool and cashmere men's coat, knee length on me, that it goes with perfectly. Paid $15 at the thrift store for them. I have taupe boots and purse that match the taupe trim on the hat. It all looks super cute together. :glamor:
Well, I like it anyways. :rofl:

Sounds fabulous!
Pictures, please.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
Some of them.

If the texture is odd, or separation or color change occur, I will toss. Or if the oils in the makeup smells 'odd'

I try to remember to toss mascara, but I don't follow the 3 month rule. How can anyone use up a tube of mascara in 3 months? I apply mascara almost every day, and a deluxe sample lasts me 3 months! A full tube lasts until clumpy :p.

I think a lot of these 'rules' are made up by the industry needed us to buy stuff. I got the Too Faced Chocolate palette in Dec 2014, and it is far from being used up. Why on earth would I toss it? There are shades I have barely touched too.

I think especially powders have a shelf life over a year. Anything with oils in (like a stick blush) will probably go old, just like cooking oil, but maybe not in a year. Anything liquid has much higher chance of bacteria.
In my opinion and knowledge bacteria has a very hard time growing in anything dry, like a powder. If you regularly apply your eyeshadow with a wet brush, you might have to be more careful.

Oh, and nail polish I keep forever. I don't think anything can grow in it! I use OPI polish thinner in my older ones if they need it.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
https://youtu.be/bgEYn4tOavs

Trending at Sephora; Blue Makeup

I love it. It is a really good video. I think all of us should try using one of the tips from the videos and post pics.

none of these work that well with hooded eyes :(. I do like blue and I might do a single blue eyeliner (though I like the double eyeliner look). I have tried following several tutorials on putting liner (or smoke out, or plain shadow) on the lower lid, and it always looks horrible. I think my lower lid is really short, and I have really dense lower lashes (I can't mascara them) so it always look dark. I can put a champagne on the lower waterline, and that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information