I Have Got to Stay Out of Sephora (and other glamourpuss issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
@PRlady theBalm has Mary Lou highlighter. I also tried BECCA shimmering skin perfecter and they have several shades. AMazing stuff.
Bobbi Brown rich color lipsticks are perfection especially for ladies with drier lips.

I was looking at the prices of Estee Lauder in US and they made me cry. The concealer here is over 50$ and in US it is 22-25..--
Revlon is a department store brand here. So yey for that!

vesperholly

Major fire in my condo building December 4. Been living in extended stay hotel ever since, and since 70 units are damaged it's unlikely I will be back before I move to Israel in June. :(

And I have the basics and am happy with my 3 foundations (Loreal Visible Lift, MUFE HD and Dior Star). Need blush, eyeshadow, lipstick and maybe highlighter and really good moisturizer, the heat here is very drying. Just want to try some new brands to cheer myself up.

:fragile: That is awful!! I'm sorry. :( :( :(

I really like Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes. The LORAC Pro Palette would be a good way to build your eyeshadow collection back up.

topaz

@PRlady theBalm has Mary Lou highlighter. I also tried BECCA shimmering skin perfecter and they have several shades. AMazing stuff.
Bobbi Brown rich color lipsticks are perfection especially for ladies with drier lips.

I was looking at the prices of Estee Lauder in US and they made me cry. The concealer here is over 50$ and in US it is 22-25..--
Revlon is a department store brand here. So yey for that!

Bobbi Brown's new Lux Lip Color are simply divine.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Bobbi Brown's new Lux Lip Color are simply divine.

Hmmm. I had a couple of Bobbi Browns I loved, there's an italian rose that suits me perfectly! That's a definite to look into.

I've never tried Tarte or Lorac at all....

And, IA, what should be across from the movie theater tonight but a brand new store selling unusual perfumes. I walked out with two samples - one, a jasmine tobacco, I'm almost sure I will return to buy even though it's 30 minutes away in Virginia.

topaz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aveb94gvrg -Xsparkage review
http://www.urbandecay.com/ud-|-gwen-stefani
Urban Decay has announced a Gwen Stefani Collection!!!!

Blushe palette, brow box palette(blonde only), lipsticks will accompany the already released eye shadow palette.

Lipsticks - Firebird.

I have to say I'm impressed with this celebrity collab. You can tell that Gwen was very much involved in the color selection and packaging.
Urban Decay's Revolution lipsticks are excellent. I have three(Vivid, Venom and retro matte bad blood)

topaz

Is there a reason why you don't use your fingers? I use mine all the time to apply eyeshadow.

There are only use my fingers instead of brushes for a few things(glitters or cream products). However, I just like the application I get with brushes. I usually add a few shadows colors to my eyes and using fingers just gives a "muddled" look to the eyeshadows and you can't really do precise work with them(like placing a specific amount of color on the outer corner or inner corner). Also, I feel I can control the amount of product I use better.

tamms

There are only use my fingers instead of brushes for a few things(glitters or cream products). However, I just like the application I get with brushes. I usually add a few shadows colors to my eyes and using fingers just gives a "muddled" look to the eyeshadows and you can't really do precise work with them(like placing a specific amount of color on the outer corner or inner corner). Also, I feel I can control the amount of product I use better.

I see. I haven't gotten that advanced with brushes yet so fingers are the best for me. Just one swoop of one color and that's it.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I'm happy that ULTA now sells clinique. I don't think I will be Sephora VIB next year. ULTA reward points turn in to actual money, not deluxe samples I don't need.

myhoneyhoney

I bought Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Radiant Light a couple of weeks ago and I really like it. A light dusting is enough for me so it should last me a long time. My next purchase will be Becca Skin Perfecter in Opal.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
X-post from the Trash Can: Hey glamour pusses, if any of you are Yulia Lipnitskaia fans, you should know that La Petite Robe Noire is her favorite perfume. It's part of my collection and I am wearing it today. :) Available at Sephora and Guerlain boutiques. I think of it as Lolita Lempicka's younger, less brooding sister. If Yulia starts wearing Angel, I may stop being her fan. :shuffle:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Random comment but I thought Michelle's makeup at the State of the Union address last night was exquisite. I also applaud her fashion sense - there were many very bright jackets in the hot pink to purple to blue spectrum on the floor, but her yellow dress was the real standout of the night IMO.

topaz

Random comment but I thought Michelle's makeup at the State of the Union address last night was exquisite. I also applaud her fashion sense - there were many very bright jackets in the hot pink to purple to blue spectrum on the floor, but her yellow dress was the real standout of the night IMO.

I thought so too. Carl Rey is her make up artist and Imagine he gets paid a lot of money. That is my dream job, to be a make up artist for a select group of clients. I would need to go to cosmotology school though.

Golden Globe had some brilliant makeup.
Cate Blanchett
Olivia Wilde
Jamie Alexander
Kate Hudson
Amy Schumer
Lady Gaga
Jennifer Lopez
Eva Green
Lily James
Rose Huntingon-Whiteley
Laverne Cox
Katy Perry
Selena Gomez
Jennifer Lawrence
Kate Winslet
Angela Bassett - This a reason I don't like nude lipstick on dark/deep skin tones. It washes her out.
Jane Fonda
Jada Pinkett-Smith
Viola Davis
Emilia Clarke
Sophie Bush
Kirsten Dunst
Amber Heard

MY favorites were J lo, Olviia Wilde, Gaga, Amber Heard, Lily James and Jada Pinkett.

My least favorites are Amy Schumer, Selena Gomez, Katy Perry

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
About Angela Basset - I thought the definition of 'nude' was dependent on your natural lip color? I doubt her lips are that color?

My favorites were Jamie Alexander, Viola Davis (except the eyebrows. Eyes and lips are fantastic) and Amber Heard.

I might try and copy the last look, my skintone is similar. Is her blush peach or pink? Warm or cool? I'm terrible with blush color, I always use the same (Clinique cheek pop in Heather)

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I'm loving Rose Huntington-Whiteley's makeup.

I am too! And what's the matter with Selena? Love her big brown eyes.

I always pay attention to Olivia Wilde's makeup, we have the same coloring and sometimes I get good tips.

And as I get older, I'm happier with my olive-undertone skin, green eyes and (assisted) bronzey hair. My mom always made me feel that it was a step down when her blue-eyed blonde baby got darker, but she was wrong.

quartz

scratching at the light
I generally don't like nude lips on anyone. I can't do nude or pale lips at all, since I am totally mousey and dull.

topaz

I'm loving Rose Huntington-Whiteley's makeup.

I just think it looks like everyday makeup to me. It does look "big event" or "special event".

That is Selena Gomez' usual makeup. It's not different from how she always look. I just think if it is red carpet, you should have red carpet makeup. It should be different from waht you wear normally. Here are other pictures of Selena.

http://a3.files.biography.com/image...eople/i/2015/news/150112/selena-gomez-768.jpg

http://revistadonna.clicrbs.com.br/...11/selena-gomez-amas-2014-red-carpet-2-gi.jpg

topaz

About Angela Basset - I thought the definition of 'nude' was dependent on your natural lip color? I doubt her lips are that color?

My favorites were Jamie Alexander, Viola Davis (except the eyebrows. Eyes and lips are fantastic) and Amber Heard.

I might try and copy the last look, my skintone is similar. Is her blush peach or pink? Warm or cool? I'm terrible with blush color, I always use the same (Clinique cheek pop in Heather)

Sometimes nude and natural lips are synomous but it’s the difference between whether your lipstick is more flesh toned or lip toned when on. Lip toned is natural.

topaz

well, in that case, nude lipstick is odd for all skintones :p. Unless you are going as a zombie at halloween.

I hear ya :)

I still think the terms can be interchangeable though. The main point I think is that both are suppose to "not interfere" or not clash with the other makeup that is worn. Personally I like a natural lip color better than a "nude". Natural lip color for me is a color that is your lip color but better.

Here are articles about nude and natural lip color.

Nude lip
Another Nude lip

Last edited:

topaz

I broke down and bought a few Make Up Geek shawdows(only 4 shadows. The shadows start at $6.00/pan. I had a few already but the shadows I bought; I don't have anything in my collection like them.

Roulette
Secret Garden
Grandstand
Vintage - I have a color similar to this is Laura Mercier palette but this color is darker and it is a matte finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information