Hold on to your fascinators, it could be a snarky ride! It's Royal Wedding Day! Wheeee!

Lorac

Thank you.

Love the fact that 'Stand by Me' is going to be sung during the ceremony and two of my favourite hymns - 'Lord of all Hopefulness' and 'Guide me Oh Thou Great Redeemer' - a nod to the Welsh there!! I hope you'll be singing it in whatever bar you are at in Zante @SHARPIE :D

The only concern I have is how the procession of the Bride with the pages and bridesmaids will go - could be beautiful or a holy mess :D Still it is unique for a royal wedding so good for them to be different.

So now waiting for the titles and then the wedding dress - so many rumours swirling around as to who is the designer with Stella McCartney being the latest favourite!!

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
So now waiting for the titles and then the wedding dress - so many rumours swirling around as to who is the designer with Stella McCartney being the latest favourite!!

As usual, the Australian fashion media are hopefully poking their heads up that it might be an Australian designer, but I just don't like their chances.

Lorac

As usual, the Australian fashion media are hopefully poking their heads up that it might be an Australian designer, but I just don't like their chances.

Well Ralph&Russo have been bandied about as one of the favourites and even though they are based in the UK they are Australian so you never know!!

Lorac

Duke and Duchess of Sussex!

As expected. And he also gets a Scottish and Irish title as well:

A Buckingham Palace statement read: "The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince Henry of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel.

"Prince Harry thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Sussex, and Ms. Meghan Markle on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Sussex."

misskarne

I thought there was already a Sussex. Or was that a Wessex? I know there's an Essex. I'm confused.

Lynn226

@SHARPIE Is that your place? Nice balcony.

I'm watching a documentary about how the British and Americans spied on the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

Last night I watched a wedding preview on PBS. I like the demure tone compared to the networks, so I think I'll watch their coverage.

misskarne

The commentators are talking about Oprah's hat, but I rather prefer her dress, it's lovely.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
The commentators are talking about Oprah's hat, but I rather prefer her dress, it's lovely.

Both the hat and dress are lovely. CNN said it's lilac, but honestly it looked more pink to me. (But then again, I'm sitting here in the dark, so who knows.)

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
*rubs eyes* I'm up, I'm here! Set my alarm for 4 AM here in Chicagoland. Watching BBCA so that I can avoid the ridiculous U.S. network commentators.

I've missed a few arrivals, but enjoying watching the rest of the arrivals. Carole Middleton looks lovely.

Last edited:

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Good morning (or afternoon/evening, as applicable).

My sister suggested we get up extra early and go visit my Mom for the wedding, until I told her my Mom iwasn't planning to get up quite so early.

Catherine M

Victoria Beckham's dress isn't what I was expecting her to wear but do like the deep blue color

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information