Help me name my new Standard Poodle puppy

Help me name my new Standard Poodle puppy! He's a black/cream phantom. He'll be here in 5 weeks!

• Nyx

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Viper

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Raven

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Apollo

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Zeus

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Loki

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Anubis

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

Dragonlady

Sew Happy
If SPOOS were skaters, they'd probably be ice dancers because they do like to prance.
Bo loved to go bike riding with me at the park. He basically heeled to my bike. That was the only way I could give him enough exercise before my knee surgery.

Jimena

I love Luka. I know too many dogs names Loki, including a couple of crazy ones.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Bo loved to go bike riding with me at the park. He basically heeled to my bike. That was the only way I could give him enough exercise before my knee surgery.
The breeder of my female Poodle had 4 wheelers they'd race around their property with a whole pack of poodles in wild pursuit. They'd do it at least 20 minutes every day when the dogs were young.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Between Luka and Loki, I vote for Luka. Because of the movies, I think Loki is just too popular a name. If you were at a dog park and called out "Loki!" more than one dog would think you were calling them. :lol:
Interesting. I read a dog trainer's blog today that said you should rarely call your dog's name and that is only to get their attention and give them an immediate command. If you don't give a command, the dog learns to just ignore you.

Dragonlady

Sew Happy
The breeder of my female Poodle had 4 wheelers they'd race around their property with a whole pack of poodles in wild pursuit. They'd do it at least 20 minutes every day when the dogs were young.

I tried to take him out twice a day, weather permitting. Since it was summer months, it would be morning and evening, not during the heat of the day.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Between Luka and Loki, I vote for Luka. Because of the movies, I think Loki is just too popular a name. If you were at a dog park and called out "Loki!" more than one dog would think you were calling them. :lol:
What about the movie Luca?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't know that movie. :shuffle: But the Marvel movies are huge, right? I haven't seen one but based on box office numbers and social media memes, I think they've done pretty well. :p
It's a Pixar coming-of-age movie about two sea monster boys. It's one of my favorites and not just because there is "triathlon" in it. :lol:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
When I see the name Luca, all I can think about is that song about the abused girl [eta: I guess Luka was a boy]. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_(song)

Then again, I'm getting old...;)
I remember that song. I haven't heard it in a long time. I just listened to it on YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information