Halifax To Host 50th Skate Canada

manhn

Skate Canada is pleased to announce that Halifax, N.S., will host Skate Canada International from October 24-27, 2024. Held at the Scotiabank Centre, Halifax’s premier venue for sports and entertainment, the event will attract some of the top figure skaters from Canada and around the world.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Anyone know offhand direct flights from Europe to Halifax (any city in Europe) at that time of year?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
London UK.

Air Canada Direct flight daytime and not expensive.

Might only be 3-4 times a week though in October.

Leaves lunchtime and gets in Halifax around 3pm.
I got excited for a moment as there are direct flights from here to Halifax but it's seasonal and are done by mid-October.

But if London is year round then that could work :)

skategal

Bunny mama
I got excited for a moment as there are direct flights from here to Halifax but it's seasonal and are done by mid-October.

But if London is year round then that could work :)
Yeah there are lots of direct flights from Europe to Halifax in summer (multiple airlines) but it’s seasonal.

Air Canada is the only year-round that I’m aware of.

There are flights that go through Montreal to connect though that aren’t too bad. Zurich, Brussels, Paris etc.

I’d avoid connecting in Toronto if you can.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Yeah there are lots of direct flights from Europe to Halifax in summer (multiple airlines) but it’s seasonal.

There are flights that go through Montreal to connect though that aren’t too bad. Zurich, Brussels, Paris etc.

Preach!

I just got excited too fast thinking it was a quick little direct flight only to discover I am a week short. Second guessing it now :lol:

Pink Cats

Unfortunately, this is the one weekend in the year I can't attend the event. I will be stuck at work doing inventory.

If you want to fly Air Canada from London to Halifax you will most likely have to overnight in London, getting a connecting flight that is early enough is next to impossible. Also be advised that you may have a fairly long layover in Montreal.

fsfann

Does anyone know the typical schedule for these events? Would it be for the competition: Friday aft/evening & all day Saturday with Gala on Sunday? Would there be any comp on Thursday? Unlikely I'm assuming?

Just trying to figure out when I'd be going as I never like to go to the galas lol...

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Next season I’m tentatively slated for Lake Placid, Orleans and Boston so no Halifax for me. But I just wanted to chime in that if you’ve never been there and can spare some time, Nova Scotia is just a gorgeous place to visit.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Sh*t :( I absolutely LOVE Halifax but I just bought myself a new (well, used but big and expensive) car so I can't afford another trip to Canada this year. At least I'll stop breaking my back in my old battered station wagon but had I knew this earlier, I'd have postponed the purchase to 2025 (and killed my spine driving to Angers for GP de France, crossing the whole country :lol: ) That tells how much this non urban girl loves Nova Scotia!

Pink Cats

If you want to travel around the province you will either need to go on a bus tour or rent a car. If you want to rent a car book it early.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I booked a hotel because why not, I didn't have to pay for it yet :rofl: but trying to get to Halifax will take a whole day with 2 connections, Atlanta and Toronto... unless I leave Charlotte at 7am :yikes:

I really enjoyed my time in Montreal and would love to come back to Canada!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information