Grand Prix of Espoo 2023 - Free Dance “HARD! CHOCK! HALLELUJAH!”

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Madi and Evan took a fall in the gala. I was half watching and didn't see what move they were doing, but they both went down. They stayed still for a moment but then got up and finished, so hopefully everything is OK.

honey

Madi and Evan took a fall in the gala. I was half watching and didn't see what move they were doing, but they both went down. They stayed still for a moment but then got up and finished, so hopefully everything is OK.
I was also half watching and didn’t quite see what happened either. They were doing a lift. The replay cut it off before the fall, but it looked like Evan was in a spread eagle kind of and she was up high in front of him. They seemed ok, but took a second to get back up.

I thought she sounded like she had a bit of a cold during the first interview post win. Maybe just a bit off overall here.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Didn't they have a similar fall in practice or warmup in their previous GP event. Wonder if it was the same lift?

dupa

Home Sweet Home
This beast looks like he wants to go recite his slam poetry at open mic night
LOL, I'm just glad Igor isn't starving his female skaters anymore. That's the only thing I was thinking during this program. But the season is still young.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
At Skate America Chock/Bates had a fall in practice on a rotational lift in practice the day of the rhythm dance. The lift described above sound kind of like the one they do in their free dance which looked ok in real time, but in slow motion on the replay you could see that Evan looked very unsteady the whole time.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
What I have learned from this competition:

On paper, I was really excited for Espoo. Ooops. Glad I went to the Renaissance festival instead. Although one of those flower crowns would have been really great with my outfit for RenFest.

Mark is a secret Glenn and wally uber. I'll bet he had a voodoo doll and some gris-gris up in that booth because that is the only thing that describes Glenn's mad rise to second in the LP, and I'll bet if she'd done slightly better in the SP, she'd have flat out won the LP too. She maybe should have, and I say this as an extreme Kaori uber and someone who is not as enamored of Glenn, even when she skates well, as others. I blame Mark for these thoughts.

The US needs to either give two of its three spots in ladies to either the Japanese men or fellow US ice dancers. It's just selfish not to. This is how things work in my brain. And the US doesn't need to send any pairs either; send those to the Japanese ladies. Actually, only Canada, Germany, Italy, and Peng/Wang and M/K need to be involved in pairs at all. No, I did not forget the "Hungarians." I am deliberately excluding them because this is my delusion and I invite who I want.

I thought I was going to be so smart and knowledgeable when I looked at Finn II and saw Cabaret, but no. OF COURSE FSU deprives me of a smart comment :mad: That's about the most interesting thing about their program. It needed more cannibalism.

I like Finn I a lot better this year than last year. In past seasons I felt like they were just skating while pretty, but this year, I really like their programs. They don't do a lot, but what they do, they do exceptionally well.

I'm always happy for Laurence's abs to medal, but I would have that in fourth in this portion, maybe still second overall, but fourth in the FD. As much as Lala is not my favorite team this year, they should really be Canada 2. The Skirt from last year was better. Last year I was all about the The Skirt getting a silver, this year, not so much.

And I'm over the word aspirational. Can we get rid of this term please?

I still love ice dance, but I think the earlier groups at Euros/Worlds will be much more pleasing to the eye/fun to the watch than the final group. I feel like C/B's program would make a great exhibition--the lifts are truly great but it's not a dance in any way, shape, or form. But I accept them as my lord and masters of ice dance; we've had worse. They aren't Domnina/Shabalin or the SinKats, for which we can all be thankful.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Mark is a secret Glenn and wally uber. I'll bet he had a voodoo doll and some gris-gris up in that booth because that is the only thing that describes Glenn's mad rise to second in the LP, and I'll bet if she'd done slightly better in the SP, she'd have flat out won the LP too. She maybe should have, and I say this as an extreme Kaori uber and someone who is not as enamored of Glenn, even when she skates well, as others. I blame Mark for these thoughts.

is Mark commentating on YouTube? I watch Peacock and I think it’s John Kerr? And he is brilliant and had a lot of great things and background information on Amber’s choreographers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information