Grand Prix de France 2023 Women FS - “Gone with the Ouiiiiiiiii”

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The skating, all the way down to the 3F+3T to start and the arms sometimes being all over the place when doing crossovers around the rink, is 100% Kostner 2003.

As is that double Axel. Literally the same tentative preparation and little lift!

Hanna

Skating junkie
The skating, all the way down to the 3F+3T to start and the arms sometimes being all over the place when doing crossovers around the rink, is 100% Kostner 2003.
Carolina's jumps got more up in the air though (well, not by much, but some) and the landing knee was less stiff.

Eek, 2a splat. Repond is another one who seems to have lost her usual consistency a bit.

kirkbiggestfan

Kostner had crazy height in her jump as a jumping bean. Répond doesn’t. She is lovely and going through a growth spurt but I’m not very optimistic.

Primorskaya

She seems a bit lost, and also winded/exhausted after that last fall. She did pretty well but it looked like work.
Still really like watching her though.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
Tons of VIP seats blocked off today and complete chaos with soaked people who have been queuing in the rain for 45 minutes not finding seats despite paying through the nose for these tickets. (It’s open seating within sections). Both ushers and individual people are walking in front of everyone and asking them to get up during the skaters. :angryfire.

Really not impressed with the organization.

Repond was doing well until the axel, but you probably saw more than I did. Curious to see if she gets edge calls today.

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Repond, Kimmy Switzerland
Coach: Jeromie Repond, Mathieu Delcambre
Music: Freya by Christian Reindl

3F+3T
3Lz - weight back, step out
3Lo
2A
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
Choreo Sequence
3F+2T+2Lo
3S+2T

2A< - fall
Layback Spin 3
Step Sequence 3

Ch Combo Spin 4

Repond was the model of consistency in the 2nd half of the season last year, but she's clearly much taller now. She's now in Kostner height territory, and that presents challenges and opportunities. If she can learn to stretch her limbs, and use music, choreography that accentuates her lines it could be very special. She certainly has the personality, and performance capabilities that we've seen in the past.

113.99 = 1st Place
164.63 = 1st Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Chiba, Mona 🇯🇵
Coach: M. Hamada, S. Muramoto, H. Sato, C. Reed
Music: The Legend of 1900 by E. Morricone

Sally1214

That's a well-constructed program for Repond. Shame about the couple of errors. Kimmy seems to be taking everything in stride in the K/C. Overall, she did quite well.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
This music is absolutely gorgeous, and so is most of her skating. But alas those jump rotations.

Andrey aka Pushkin

Playing ping pong with balls of chocolate jam
Mone is a very nice skater, but her jumps are just not good enough. Good basics, good spin, good body control otherwise. Good if generic choreography.

Sorry, I'm uncharacteristically positive today, must be the lack of sleep. Should wait till the ice-dance.

skatingguy

decently
Chiba, Mona Japan
Coach: M. Hamada, S. Muramoto, H. Sato, C. Reed
Music: The Legend of 1900 by E. Morricone

3F+3T< - two-foot landing
2A
3S< - two-foot landing
Ch Combo Spin 3
3Loq
Choreo Sequence
3F+2T+2Lo

3Lz+2A+SEQ
Fly Ch Combo Spin 4
3Lz
Step Sequence 3

Layback Spin 4

Better than the short program, but still a struggle in places. This is a very forgettable program. I know I wrote a post 2 weeks ago about it because I remember the title of the music is a movie, but don't remember the choreography.

108.17 = 2nd Place
164.76 = 1st Place

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information