Grand Prix de France 2023 Men FS - “Rain in your Black Ice”

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I hope for his career's sake, Memola has reached his maximum height. It's a real PITA to have to constantly adjust one's center of gravity. Unless, he wants to take up pro basketball.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I hope for his career's sake, Memola has reached his maximum height. It's a real PITA to have to constantly adjust one's center of gravity. Unless, he wants to take up pro basketball.
He's 19 and already 6'5 or so. I think he's done.

quartz

scratching at the light
Why don’t I recall ever having seen this guy before? He’s pretty good. Love the music. Facial hair needs to go.

skatingguy

decently
le May, Landry France
Coach: Yoann Deslot
Music: Love Heals All Wounds (soundtrack)

3A+1Eu+3S
4T+3T - two foot landing, turn between jumps
Fly Ch Combo Spin 3
3A
Choreo Sequence

3Lz - got his weight back on take off, couldn't hold the landing - large step out
3Lz+2A+SEQ - tight landing on the Axel
Ch Sit Spin 4
Step Sequence 3

3F - two-foot landing
3Lo
Ch Combo Spin 4

The triple Axels, and the goatee were the highlights of this performance. Struggled as the program went on to get through the jumps.

147.84 = 1st Place
219.04 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Sally1214

Landry should not do that pose on the final spin. He is not flexible at all and the posture wasn't pretty.

I missed Memola's skate ... I'm assuming, from the comments, that he redeemed himself somewhat from the SP. Good for him.

quartz

scratching at the light
I don’t know who this guy is either. Where the heck have I been?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
sorry to kataise but this is putting me to sleep

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Beautiful skater, minus the strong jump technique that seems to be a Japanese standard. He holds that Axel entry edge just a split second longer than he should, and I have no doubt it makes the jump that much harder.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
All of Takeru's jump landings look like a struggle.

It looks like he's landing flat on his blade each time, and then has to use immense amounts of landing leg and core strength to get the free leg back.

skatingguy

decently
Kataise, Takeru Amine 🇯🇵
Coach: Mamiko Yamai
Music: Tree of Life Suite by Roberto Cacciapaglia

3A+3T
3Lz!+2A+SEQ
3Lo
Ch Combo Spin 4
Step Sequence 3
3A

2A - step out, was to be 3 jump combo
3Lz - timing went - fall
3F - now it's really gone - fall

Ch Sit Spin 4
Choreo Sequence

Fly Ch Combo Spin 4

Strong start, but couldn't sustain it through the end of the program. Really lost his legs after the 2nd triple Axel.

136.48 = 3rd Place
212.75 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

peibeck

Simply looking
Kataise running out of fuel, not a great thing when he doesn't get huge pop into his jumps to begin with.

Sally1214

Everything seemed to fall apart for Kataise in the 2nd half. Shame. It must be SO daunting to try to make your mark as a Japanese skater when their fields in both men and women are SO deep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information