Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

kimkom

Our very first Sephora is opening on Friday and I'm going to be at Skate Canada. :wuzrobbed:

I've started to run out of everything, but wanted to wait until the store opened instead of reordering.

This is going to be very expensive. :eek:

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
Did you go from VIB Rouge to VIB status? I think you have free shipping on anything with VIB Rouge. The shipping rate has been $50 minimum for as long as I can remember.

Nope, I have never been Rouge - I get most stuff as ULTA since the points are better, but there are a few things I can only get at Sephora.

Oh well, maybe I should get a travel holiday set of some kind...

skategal

Bunny mama
I've been drooling over some of the Holiday lipstick sets. :swoon:

I don't need anymore lipstick....I don't need anymore lipstick....I don't need anymore lipstick.....

Maybe if I say it enough I can talk myself out of it. :rofl:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Just got a mailer from Sephora - Rouge 20% off Nov 3-6 and then again Nov 10-15, online and in store. Bring a friend in-store on Nov 3 and they get 20% off too.

Beauty Insider can't be that far behind, so keep and eye and start filling your cart now!

oleada

oooh....tell us more please
It's wonderful. It blends so well and it's so illuminating. I love it so much. It was recently 20% off, and I bought 2.

Ulta is opening a flagship store on 86th st, the first in Manhattan. I should walk by one day and see if it's open.

Veronika

gold dust woman
ALERT!!!

Ulta has a 20% off sale today and tomorrow, which INCLUDES prestige (premium) brands like Tarte, Urban Decay, etc. They only do this 2x a year, so check it out soon.

You have to have an email (from the Ultamate rewards program) to get the discount, but there may be exceptions.

Of course, I was not aware and made an Ulta.com order last night :( But I may go to the store tonight.

skategal

Bunny mama
I was also too early for the sale having been at ULTA on Thursday. :wall:

They did have some nice gift sets on sale but I didn't get that.

I spent most of my time looking at things I can't get at Sephora. :lol:

I purchased Becca highlighter in Lilac Geode which is an ULTA exclusive and is very close in shade to my favourite highlighter of life, which is Becca's Rose Quartz (which was limited edition and you can't get anymore...).

Lilac Geode is the same tone as Rise Quartz but more peachy/gold than the Rose Quartz. Don't ask me why they named it Lilac. It's not the least bit purple....lol! :confused:

It's supposed to flatter all skin tones. Maybe it is more Lilac on darker skin tones than me. (I am very fair.) It's pretty.

I also bought the Laura Geller highlighter in Diamond Dust. It's white in the pan but has a holographic pink/purple shift on the skin.

It's so pretty but I haven't figured out a good brush to use with it yet. It is a baked gelee formula so needs a stiffer brush to pick up the product.

My last ULTA purchase was one of the Laura Geller iconic baked sculpting lipsticks in the colour Greenwich Street Berry.

I didn't get the Shape Tape concealer. I tried it and the coverage was excellent. But it felt just a tad too dry for my under eyes. Plus I tend to need a waterproof formula and I wasn't sure if it was or not.

I also made a stop at Target and bought a Pixie highlighter (yes, I'm addicted to highlighter). :shuffle:

It is the one designed by Aspy Novard in the shade Santorini Sunset.

It is gorgeous. :cheer2:

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
My daughter and I spent more than two hours in the Columbus Circle Sephora in NY today.

We wandered around and I ended up asking for help because I couldn't remember the shade of my MUFE HD foundation. The young woman who helped me find it then assisted me in finding a lipstick in a color I love with fabulous smoothing texture for older lips - Stila, a brand I've never tried.

So my daughter had time to take them up on the free mini-facial. She looked so great, I got one too, from an Indian guy with the most beautiful skin I'd ever seen on a man. Of course I bought a product after telling him sternly that he could sell me one must-have and one for PRkid. She got Clarins toner/cleanser and I their two-part serum....

Thank god it was Rouge sale but the damage was still over $300. I reminded myself this included four months of Dr. Gross, my Gimme Brow and Boing concealer, and another cClinique chubby in addition to the new products, but still. :yikes:

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I had stocked up on the Rouge sale as well. Nothing new or exciting other than buying my mom the Clarins lip oil which is my new obsession. She tried mine and loved it. Great Christmas stocking stuffer for those who celebrate.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I made the mistake of not pouncing immediately - I had put a few things in my cart but didn't sit down until Sunday to do my order, and the two fancy skincare sets I wanted were sold out by then :( I did treat myself to a few goodies though :)

@PRlady I'm surprised you were able to get all that service at Sephora yesterday - I was in two of my city's malls over the weekend and in both it was total mayhem at Sephora! Only the Apple stores were busier.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I made the mistake of not pouncing immediately - I had put a few things in my cart but didn't sit down until Sunday to do my order, and the two fancy skincare sets I wanted were sold out by then :( I did treat myself to a few goodies though :)

@PRlady I'm surprised you were able to get all that service at Sephora yesterday - I was in two of my city's malls over the weekend and in both it was total mayhem at Sephora! Only the Apple stores were busier.

It was busy but they had a lot of people working! Big tourist day, with the Marathon. Also I think once they tag you as a Rouge, it helps. :)

myhoneyhoney

Tarte Shape Tape IS BOMB!

Finally bought it and used it for the first time today. I think I need to exchange it for the next shade lighter though... My coloring is changing! I even have to adjust my foundations. Is it because I'm older and exfoliating more?

Last edited:

Jenny

From the Bloc
I am tremendously annoyed that this magical new product is apparently not yet available in Canada, in stores or online.

:wuzrobbed

skategal

Bunny mama
I am tremendously annoyed that this magical new product is apparently not yet available in Canada, in stores or online.

:wuzrobbed

You can order it on the ULTA Canada website for about $35 if you are willing to also pay the astronomical shipping charges. :yikes:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Thanks for the tip, but no. Just ran it through and US price with shipping is 32.95, which as of right now, is about 42.11 CAD. Except that on the international site, using their CAD plus shipping, it's 49.17, and that's before taxes and duty.

I shall have to wait until it's available on this side of the border.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
Tarte Shape Tape IS BOMB!

Finally bought it and used it for the first time today. I think I need to exchange it for the next shade lighter though... My coloring is changing! I even have to adjust my foundations. Is it because I'm older and exfoliating more?
I had to exchange my Shape Tape to a shade darker. If anything my skin is getting a tiny bit darker and I exfoliate and wear sunscreen like a madwoman.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Just dropped close to $300 but it could have been much worse without the VIB discount. Most of it was Dr. Gross and Dior Hydra Life BB cream, but still! I decided to re-order the Fresh Sugar Lip minis and the Lashstash mascara sampler.

The Lashstash is a great value for anyone who tosses mascara after 6-8 weeks. You get 7 minis and 2 full size for $48. This year's set has full size Benefit Cosmetics Rollerlash and Urban Decay Troublemaker as well as minis of Kevyn Aucoin Beauty The Expert, Dior Diorshow, Yves Saint Laurent The Shock, Lancôme Monsieur, Clinique High Impact, MUFE Excessive Lash, SEPHORA COLLECTION Lashcraft, and Huda Beauty Classic Collection. With the 20%, that's a year's worth of mascara for me for less than $40. I store the box in a plastic bag to keep them from drying out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information