Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

oleada

Oh, that was a good video!!

I'm definitely guilty of sometimes just spreading my makeup around instead of bouncing it with the beauty blender, especially if I'm in a rush. I don't use eyeshadow everyday, but when I do, I use the same brush. And I also liked the tip about the highlighter and cheekbone.

Why is it that everything must run out at the same time? My next Sephora trip is not going to be fun for my wallet :drama:

Bellanca

I appreciate well-manicured natural or nude fingernails - very classy! Hands look great when they are presented this way. It is true that many professions require this which is a good thing, IMO. I love polish, but appreciate a less is more look, too.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
She seemed kinda judgey. *I don't like this, therefore you shouldn't either. :rolleyes:
I don't use bronzer, highlight, nor do I contour, so I guess my cheekbones are wrong - sorry, that's where they are and I'm not going to use 5 different products and 3 different brushes just to try to give the illusion of where fashion thinks they should be. :shuffle:

I don't use bronzer, contour or highlighter either, just blush. Let's the young'uns work that hard.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I use Film Star Bronze & Glow from Charlotte Tilbury for occasional (slight) contouring - it's subtle enough and buildable.

For nails, while I love colour on my toes, I've never been a fan of polish on my fingers - it's like my nails can't breathe or something. Plus toes are more forgiving since most people don't see them up close :)

When I want to have professional or pretty hands, I either buff them with one of the cheap three part blocks/sticks, or I use Dior Nail Glow - it's a slightly opalescent clear pink tint that works well, and again, forgiving for those of us who aren't skilled at self-manicures.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
While grocery shopping yesterday, Mini Habs had to use the bathroom. It was a 4-year-old emergency, but the bathroom at the store was out of order. We ran next door to the drugstore, where a very kind woman at the cosmetics counter let her use the staff bathroom.
To show my appreciation, I bought $100 worth of products (that I didn't need) from her. :lol:

I also let Mini Habs pick out a nail polish, so both of us are sporting a neon orange/coral on our nails today.

quartz

scratching at the light
I've been letting my hair grow - its currently a good 5 inches past my shoulders and I am having the urge to cut it off again. I'm really limited with hair styles due to the cowlickiness and inconsistent wave, so my only options are a longer mess or a shorter mess. Meh. :rolleyes:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I've been letting my hair grow - its currently a good 5 inches past my shoulders and I am having the urge to cut it off again. I'm really limited with hair styles due to the cowlickiness and inconsistent wave, so my only options are a longer mess or a shorter mess. Meh. :rolleyes:
Short mess is in this fall.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
The one useful tip from the snarky girl video for me was to use the bronzer at the hairline. Brilliant.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I used a mattifying primer today. My face didn't get shiny until after noon. Which is a miracle. (it's usually shiny like 30 minutes later). And the best part? It was an el cheapo drugstore primer. Wet and Wild. Go figure.

I should've tried this years ago.

Please remind me of this on my next trip to the US. I get shiny really quickly!

Jenny

From the Bloc
I used a mattifying primer today. My face didn't get shiny until after noon. Which is a miracle. (it's usually shiny like 30 minutes later). And the best part? It was an el cheapo drugstore primer. Wet and Wild. Go figure.

I should've tried this years ago.

Wet n Wild takes me back to high school - I remember a blush palette (remember when blush and eye shadow often came in three shades of the same colour so you could "contour"?) that I had to buy several times as I used it so much. I've been hearing about their products again recently, but sadly the only distributor around me is Wal-Mart :yikes:and the one time I ventured in, the display was 75% empty. Will hunt down again to see what's new with them.

When there's a fad product I often buy cheapest possible before investing in a better brand, and happily sometimes the cheapo ends up working well enough (ie Sephora colour neutralizer, Annabelle brushes, LOreal mascara).

Suddenly I'm nostalgic for Bonne Bell Lipsmackers :)

Jenny

From the Bloc
Bubble Gum and Strawberry were my two favourites! I still have a couple of old ones in my makeup drawer - no longer usable, but one sniff brings back floods of memories :)

PDilemma

@IceAlisa Just bought a beauty blender, new brushes (which I needed anyway) and primer (which I used for awhile and stopped buying). All because of that video.

You really should have distributed Visa Gift Cards to atone for drawing it to the attention of everyone's wallets.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
So I finally received my Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified lipstick in Purée that had been out of stock for weeks. And if I muddy it up a bit with my beloved but tragically discontinued Chanel gloss in Giggle, it's a brick, corally red I can finally wear and not feel like The Joker. I was once invited to a red lips and champagne brunch (don't ask, the San Francisco Marina chick is a special animal) and had nothing to wear on my lips!

The one in Eclair is going back, way too light pink for my complexion. But I am keeping the one in Chutney, a perfect plummy mauve for the workaday world.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Dug this thread up to ask an urgent question:

I got my Sephora VIB Rouge email, and as it happens I've run out of Dior Star foundation and am going to the US soon and could have it sent to my parents' place. But there's no Dior Star on the Sephora website; instead, their foundation, in the same bottle, is called Forever Perfect.

Have they changed the formula? Does anyone know if it's the same stuff?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
From reviews, it seems that the Forever is more matte. You might want to wait until you can try it in the store.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
From reviews, it seems that the Forever is more matte. You might want to wait until you can try it in the store.

Yes, I did some more research. Since the whole point of this foundation is to brighten, I doubt I want to go matte. But other stores have the original Star.

skategal

Bunny mama
Weird because Dior Star is on the Canadian Sephora website. :confused:

I wonder why it isn't on the US one.

Veronika

gold dust woman
The Dior Star foundation is still on the Dior.com website: https://www.dior.com/beauty/en_us/f...rfection-long-wear-broad-spectrum-spf-30.html

Sometimes Sephora doesn't carry certain items from brands that aren't exclusive to Sephora. For example, the wonder that is Tarte Shape Tape concealer isn't in Sephora stores or the website, and I have wanted to try it...but haven't gotten around to it yet. (Thought they do have it at Ulta now.)

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I got some birthday money and I have a toner from Sephora I want to try out. Its $49 and I just figured out Sephora has changed so you need to spend $50 for free shipping (it used to be $25 or $30?).

Veronika

gold dust woman
I got some birthday money and I have a toner from Sephora I want to try out. Its $49 and I just figured out Sephora has changed so you need to spend $50 for free shipping (it used to be $25 or $30?).

Did you go from VIB Rouge to VIB status? I think you have free shipping on anything with VIB Rouge. The shipping rate has been $50 minimum for as long as I can remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information