Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
It was better than at their last competition for me. Last time I saw the brilliance of it but couldn't connect. Here I got caught, especially when the tempo quicken with those little dance steps they do, I love that. Indeed best FD so far this season. I really hope they can make it to the GPF.

DreamSkates

I had to watch their FD twice in a row because I got so wrapped up in the performance the first time. To execute this gorgeously sincere a performance in Canada resulted in everything working together-- the audience was moved, of course Carol Lane was in tears, and they almost beat H/D in the FD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QB7SoUaNCQ

Just breathtaking! One time I'm glad I know very little about the technical side of ice dance. I just watched as pure art unfolded from start to finish in this FD. I will be following this team this year!

binbinwinwin

I am currently on the other side of the world with less than 24 hours notice due to my grandmother's passing and it seems that one of the few things that can comfort me is watching Piper and Paul skate that gorgeous FD. Piper is so incredibly strong and inspiring, all the best to this team this upcoming season, I really hope that I'll be able to see this FD live at GPF.

Debrah

Praying hard that this fab dance team will make it to GPF; it would be just tragic if the 2 best SR dance programs of the 2018/19 season don't get skated at the GPF in CANADA!!! They deserve to have some good luck for a change. Go Team!

nimi

P2 got a series of PBs in Golden Spin: 79.80 in RD, 121.47 in FD and 201.27 overall. Congrats! :cheer2:

They've made some little changes in the choreo. Most obvious one: their twizzles now look more basic in both programs (which is a pity IMO but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get the points.)

Videos: RD & FD

EDIT: aaaargh it's RD not SD... fixed it :p

Last edited:

puglover

I am personally having a hard time understanding ice dance this year so I guess that means i get to watch for the enjoyment factor and Piper and Paul are bringing me lots of enjoyment. I really wish I was going to the nationals so I could see that free dance live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information