German Skating News - Season 2021/2022

J

Jeschke

Jagoda switched from Berlin to Oberstdorf (Michael Huth).
Nice move, I think he has still potential…
Not sure if he is part of the elite-team now or just a casual athlete.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Well, the Bachelorette is quite boring. Nice and pretty, but boring.
She recognized Niko immediately, because he was on "Dancing on Ice" and was partnered with another former German Bachelorette who started her "career" in the same Bachelor season as the new Bachelorette. Niko was very surprised she remembered him and nervous and just told her a thousand times how beautiful she was :lol:.
He got her last rose of the first night and made it to the next round.

S

SmallFairy

Maybe this was mentioned earlier, but I just realised Norwegian former novice single skater Milla Ruud Reitan is now in Oberstorf and will represent Germany in ice dance. She will be at the JGP in Slovakia, but I don’t now her partner’s name.

sandra_persch

Maybe this was mentioned earlier, but I just realised Norwegian former novice single skater Milla Ruud Reitan is now in Oberstorf and will represent Germany in ice dance. She will be at the JGP in Slovakia, but I don’t now her partner’s name.

She is skating with Nikita Remeshevskiy.

Did we hear any other assignments based on last weekend monitoring yet? The Feds homepage seems to be down right now.

Sabine-Yuna

She is skating with Nikita Remeshevskiy.

Did we hear any other assignments based on last weekend monitoring yet? The Feds homepage seems to be down right now.
Never heard of Nikita Remeshevskiy. He is probably imported from another Fed as well (Russia?). Where is this pair practising?

J

Jeschke

Hocke IG shows them skating to an ABBA medley.
Songs included:
Lay all your love on me (my absolute fav 😍)
Voulez-Vous

No mention which program - but I absolutely love the choice. Never expected such a choice! :encore:

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea82

Jennifer Janse van Rensburg/Benjamin Steffan are entered in Lake Placid Ice Dance International competition taking place this weekend.

It looks like they have spent July working in USA (I guess Novi based on social media posts).

J

Jeschke

JGP FRA

Suleymanova (51.53, 8th)
Fuenfer (48.39, 11th)

Nargiz improved a bit in her overall skating, performs way more now (too much for me though :p)
First time seeing Luca for me, felt nervous; I like seeing Just developing as a coach.

Sylvia

TBD
Janse van Rensburg/Steffan placed 8th overall (154.40) at the Lake Placid Ice Dance International earlier this month (94.41 7th in FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K7qi8h2qDk) - from IDC's recap (linked from the U.S. Ice Dance news thread here):
Jennifer Janse van Rensburg & Benjamin Steffan (GER) have been doing a summer camp with Igor Shpilband in Novi, Michigan for six weeks. They have one more week before heading back to Oberstdorf, which is their home training location. It will then be a National decision, which team – Katharina Mueller & Tim Dieck or them who will go to the OWG. They loved the great energy and pushing of one another at Novi. The training is not different from what they do in Germany, but a different point of view. As far as their program at the event, it was very early for them to skate in August, but it helped them evaluate their needs.

J

Jeschke

Impressions of M/D‘s RD of the ice dance test skates (glimpses of JvR/S and L/K in the story too)
I am a bit over the staged programs by M/D but well I guess it’s their thing 🤷🏼‍♂️
JvR with ole costume on olympic season or am I confused?
L/K already senior?

Sera

Impressions of M/D‘s RD of the ice dance test skates (glimpses of JvR/S and L/K in the story too)
I am a bit over the staged programs by M/D but well I guess it’s their thing 🤷🏼‍♂️
I get her costume but when I see him all I can think of is Count von Count from Sesame Street. :shuffle:

JvR with ole costume on olympic season or am I confused?
Maybe you are confused because you already saw the costumes at Lake Placid two weeks ago? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information