German Skating News 2019/2020

sus2850

You have a link?

I am curious, as mentioned before, sticking to the criteria H/B are out if both teams are skating. So has the fed come ul with something new?

I asked Hocke/Kunkel about the selection process while in Torino. They said that as they were not able to do the assigned challenger (Zagreb) due to JGPF a DEU representative (Dönsdorf) came to Torino to watch/check on them. And that the DEU wants to decide after Nationals at their own discretion.
So yes, I guess the nationals’ result will be decisive.

J

Jeschke

They said that as they were not able to do the assigned challenger (Zagreb) due to JGPF
On a a fair note; Finlandia Trophy had a pairs event which was held after it was clear they qualified for JGPF. So this could have been an option getting them in there as late-entries.
And that the DEU wants to decide after Nationals at their own discretion.
Drama awaiting.
So yes, I guess the nationals’ result will be decisive.
:drama:

I don't blame the non-finlandia-entrance on them, but on german fed. Why 'creating' unnecessary potential drama when there could have been a way to avoid?

If the result at nationals is clear (which I expect with judges help) I guess everything is fine. But what happens, when H/B win just by 1pt or 2pts? Oh boy...

Sabine-Yuna

On a a fair note; Finlandia Trophy had a pairs event which was held after it was clear they qualified for JGPF. So this could have been an option getting them in there as late-entries.

Drama awaiting.

:drama:

I don't blame the non-finlandia-entrance on them, but on german fed. Why 'creating' unnecessary potential drama when there could have been a way to avoid?

If the result at nationals is clear (which I expect with judges help) I guess everything is fine. But what happens, when H/B win just by 1pt or 2pts? Oh boy...
Why did German fed not count the result of JGP Final instead of the challenger H/K were assigned to? When they were selecting the Olympic team and Fentz and Schott were invited for a GP their result was counted too. H/K were not just invited, they qualified due to good results and junior scores are lower than senior scores anyway, so it would not be an advantage, but they have scored higher even in junior than P/B.
Maybe Pavlovas missing belonging to the German anti doping pool solves the problem anyway. If I were German fed I wouldn't go for another scandal. And let's face it does a team that is obviously not capable of two triple throws really need to go to Euros?

J

Jeschke

And let's face it does a team that is obviously not capable of two triple throws really need to go to Euros?
Well, this team has beaten H/K in the only head-to-head so far.
Let's just wait and see what national brings.

Sabine-Yuna

Well, this team has beaten H/K in the only head-to-head so far.
Let's just wait and see what national brings.
At least this is pretty sure they are not going head to head at Euros. So I just can't see the importance of a head to head competition.
There are two newly formed teams and for me the key words are development and future. But who knows what German fed has in mind.

J

Jeschke

So I just can't see the importance of a head to head competition.
It's the fairest way to decide a team imho. All skate under the same (non national) panel.

There are two newly formed teams and for me the key words are development and future. But who knows what German fed has in mind.
I agree here and I am for sure on H/K's side but (if Pavlova can skate) I think P/B should have a fair and pretty shot, as they met the criteria and did skate the 3 events demanded.

seabm7

According to Violetta Afasenava's insta story, she will participate in an ice show during Winter-Derby at Sparda-Bank-Hessen Stadium.

J

Jeschke

Suleymanova 56,54
Steblyanka 53,07
Hatakawa 48,21

Suleymanova (incl 3lz3t) and Steblyanka clean, Hatakawa lost combo with 1lz.
Nice to see that german judges are not going mental with PCS. The girls received lower scores here (seems more accurate for me though) than in their international outings.

cs.berlin

German junior championships 2020, final results / junior ladies:

Nargiz SULEYMANOVA 152.58 (Volvo Open Cup 147.88)
Aya HATAKAWA 141.62 (Prague Ice Cup 143.77)
Anastasia STEBLYANKA 137.45 (Icelab International Cup 133.26)

(the JL/FS judges scores may come as well)

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Entries for Nationals are up:
Veranstaltungsdetails - Landeseissportverband NRW

That's more men and ladies than expected; let's see who shows up in the end.
No Dastich. Gurdzhi in senior, nice move.

SENIOR MEN
Jonathan Heß
Dave Kötting
Catalin Dimitrescu
Fabian Piontek
Paul Fentz
Kai Jagoda
Thomas Stoll
Denis Gurdzhi

SENIOR LADIES
Kristina Isaev
Romy Schallert
Jennifer Fischer
Antonia Moarcas
Ann-Christin Marold
Nicole Schott
Lutricia Bock
Tina Helleken

SENIOR PAIRS
Hase / Seegert
Hocke / Kunkel
Pavlova / Blommaert

SENIOR ICE DANCE
Peterson / Pfisterer
Urban / Steffan
Koch / Nüchtern
Müller / Dieck

cs.berlin

Exit (?) Last Hope:
"Lea Johanna Dastich has been pausing for over a year due to injury. Now she is being treated by Hans Müller-Wohlfahrt* and is hoping again."
(December, 10, subscription)
*) "For many of his patients, world champions and Olympic champions, he is the best sports physician in the world. He became known above all as 'Bayern-Doc' ..."

Last edited:

cs.berlin

Supplement, big headline: "Müller-Wohlfahrt saved my career"
And, wow: "Lea Johanna Dastich Attacks Again After Injury"

The question is whether these are her words or whether the Mannheim homeland gazette is knocking a "little" on the plaster. After all, the article comes a bit closer to objectivity - Lea vaguely: "Maybe it will even work out with a few competitions in spring".

Maybe ...

The exercise does not yet look like an attack, however, Lea continues: "Then I plan to study medicine."
As one of the best of her grammar school year, she has no reservations about this: "Preferably in Mannheim/Heidelberg, because I definitely want to continue ice-skating ..."

Somehow this seems to me like the end of all competition perspectives, when viewed realistically (it can only be incredibly difficult to compete again after such a long time, at all ... time hasn't stopped yet). But she seems to be slowly adjusting to it.

Last edited:

Sabine-Yuna

Well, sh
Supplement, big headline: "Müller-Wohlfahrt saved my career"
And, wow: "Lea Johanna Dastich Attacks Again After Injury"

The question is whether these are her words or whether the Mannheim homeland gazette is knocking a "little" on the plaster. After all, the article comes a bit closer to objectivity - Lea vaguely: "Maybe it will even work out with a few competitions in spring".

Maybe ...

The exercise does not yet look like an attack, however, Lea continues: "Then I plan to study medicine."
As one of the best of her grammar school year, she has no reservations about this: "Preferably in Mannheim/Heidelberg, because I definitely want to continue ice-skating ..."

Somehow this seems to me like the end of all competition perspectives, when viewed realistically (it can only be incredibly difficult to compete again after such a long time, at all ... time hasn't stopped yet). But she seems to be slowly adjusting to it.
Well, she obviously is on the ice and plans to do triple jumps. So if Müller-Wohlfahrt has fixed her foot problems there is hope for a comeback. What makes me wonder is the medicine study she is planning, which demands a lot of time and learning. There are high class athletes who have managed to do this, but I think it's extremely hard.
I hope shell be healthy and everything works out for her.

cs.berlin

Well, she obviously is on the ice and plans to do triple jumps. So if Müller-Wohlfahrt has fixed her foot problems there is hope for a comeback.
She "plans" triple jumps - really now? Well, if she had to plan them first, she could immediately study medicine. 3Lo+2T, 3Lz, 3F+1Lo+3S, 2A+3T, 3Lo, 3F she jumped two years ago at the EC, the plan to halfway make up the 40 points on Schott, I would like to know. Just as you can imagine a "comeback". So what should this comeback look like? Given the fact that a) Schott is far advanced, b) no competitions are planned, c) the junior champion last week showed comparably better performances, and d) Lea is at a disadvantage in terms of age compared to the up-and-coming juniors? I said it before, time has not stood still. Concerning the miracle doctor: "If" Müller-Wohlfahrt "thus" "has corrected" her foot problems is nothing but speculation (the naivety of some fans in view of the truth content of insignificant regional newspapers is only surpassed by the current list of the federal cadrelist). What really surprises me, however, is that her coach obviously doesn't have the courage to admit publicly that her dream of reaching the top of the world with her protégé has simply come to an end. I hope there will be at least a dignified farewell, and not a mere disappearance from the lists, as countless hopeful talents have been quietly buried in the past. Unfortunately, Nathalie Weinzierl seems to be repeating this.

Last edited:

Sabine-Yuna

She "plans" triple jumps - really now? Well, if she had to plan them first, she could immediately study medicine. 3Lo+2T, 3Lz, 3F+1Lo+3S, 2A+3T, 3Lo, 3F she jumped two years ago at the EC, the plan to halfway make up the 40 points on Schott, I would like to know. Just as you can imagine a "comeback". So what should this comeback look like? Given the fact that a) Schott is far advanced, b) no competitions are planned, c) the junior champion last week showed comparably better performances, and d) Lea is at a disadvantage in terms of age compared to the up-and-coming juniors? I said it before, time has not stood still. Concerning the miracle doctor: "If" Müller-Wohlfahrt "thus" "has corrected" her foot problems is nothing but speculation (the naivety of some fans in view of the truth content of insignificant regional newspapers is only surpassed by the current list of the federal cadrelist). What really surprises me, however, is that her coach obviously doesn't have the courage to admit publicly that her dream of reaching the top of the world with her protégé has simply come to an end. I hope there will be at least a dignified farewell, and not a mere disappearance from the lists, as countless hopeful talents have been quietly buried in the past. Unfortunately, Nathalie Weinzierl seems to be repeating this.
You might be right, but why shouldn't it be possible to come back after injuries? Lea was capable of all triple jumps and 3F+3T and 3Lz+3T, 2A+3T, 3F+1Lo+3S. This is much more than Nicole Schott will probably ever have in her jump layout. If she'll be able to get back her jumps and has used the time not jumping for better skating, spins and steps Germany really needs her. I don't think it's easy to get back on track after a long injury, but it's possible. Loena Hendrickx has proven couple of times when she came back even stronger after really long pauses. (She wasn't even capable of a triple-triple combination before a long break of sports at all because of a back injury!)
To me it's as unpredictable if the promising juniors can climb up to seniors or if we'll loose them on the way as if Lea Dastich will overcome her injury and will fight for going to Europeans and Worlds next season. I hope both will happen, but it's not in my hands.

J

Jeschke

Seems like Jennifer Urban got married today.
Pictures can be seen in IG Story of
...Nicole Schott
and ...Hannah Heckmair (Blommaert fiancé)

I love the traditional outfit and the shot on the mountains :love:

Proposal happend in the mountains too

All the best to the Newlyweds! 🍾

J

Jeschke

Oh, this is a new one for german fed: very critical review of national junior championships:

Especially the junior guys (except Weissert) seemed to have left a bad impression
A specific preparation for the competition could be of an advantage. This important topic seemed to be overlaid by a relaxed 'let's see what happens'-attitude.

Seems like fed finally realized they are not competitive anymore:
What is now under discussion at DEU in order to regain international competitiveness? It's a 22-point program in
work that will be presented before the German Championships from 02.-03. January in Oberstdorf.
:watch:

Miezekatze

As if the situation of German skating is not their own fault and responsibility :rolleyes:

I doubt that the same old same old people who've been running the federation for the last decades (without much noticable affection/support for young athletes btw) will suddenly be able to come up with a fancy masterplan to save German skating :p

J

Jeschke

with a fancy masterplan to save German skating :p
That brings something from Nebelhorn Trophy into my mind.
As I was watching practices, national junior head coach and a coach of a german skater came in, sat next to me and discussed something new coming up.

It was about a kinda diary for statistic of a skater's daily routine:
  • which triples were attend at practice?
  • how many attempts?
  • how many falls?
and so on.

This statistic stuff is so german lv.4 :rofl:

While I can understand that the fed wants to have something in their hands, how is this even practicable? :wall:
I wonder if the 3A's keep diary of every jump they attend in practice :D

On a fair note, they seemed pretty unsure if this is doable or not.

Well, something hast to change. That is obvious.
Let's wait and see (and hope for a miracle).

sus2850

As if the situation of German skating is not their own fault and responsibility :rolleyes:

I doubt that the same old same old people who've been running the federation for the last decades (without much noticable affection/support for young athletes btw) will suddenly be able to come up with a fancy masterplan to save German skating :p

While not being young at 71, Reinhard E. Ketterer, who wrote that article, only started in 2018 as DEU vice president.
And he is/was really well liked as a coach, and very dedicated to the sport, as you surely know.

J

Jeschke

Parts of Eisgala Ingolstadt were shown today in TV.
Highlight was Aliona's surprise solo performance accompanied by Eric Radford on the piano.

Other skaters were E. Radford (solo), Weaver/Poje, Plushenko & son, Dytrt/Bonheur, Kutovoi.

James/Ciprès were seen in a group number, but no other performance of them were shown. No words on the current situation either.

J

Jeschke

Pavlova/Blommeart have withdrawn from nationals due to Pavlova's illness (IG Blommeart)😢
That sucks. The only good thing coming out of this is, H/K and P/B both will ‚only‘ have 2 events counting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information