German Skating News 2019/2020

cs.berlin

Note on the margin, own quotation: "Now only Lea Johanna Dastich's leaving is missing to complete the misfortune of coach Anett Poetzsch."
Zagreb was canceled, sure. And it looks like Lea will become a permanent invalid; as she suggests, only consolation remains to be donated, to wish her that she overcomes the sea of her tears and the wall of death silence |

sus2850

Eh, ok.....? :confused:
I feel the same. In her latest instagram post about her injuries Lea Johanna Dastich mentioned that there were tears, but I could not understand what cs_berlin refers to at the end of her post.

J

Jeschke

Decent score for Lopusova/Kazimov at Golden Spin (46,09pts); they met the RD TES for JW.
Kist/Gross scored 39,30pts.

Suleymanova sits in 5th with 45,92pts (no protocols up yet); Marold did no show up.

In Budapest Starostin leads with 58,90pts, Weissert in 2nd 54,88pts. Mager scored 46,73pts.

Well, analog to seniors, all teams seem already pretty set besides dance for JW.

---

Speaking of senior dance. All 3 teams in final RD group at Golden Spin.
Let the battle begin :watch:

text_skate

Berliner Morgenpost has an article about Hocke/Kunkel: "Berlinerin Hocke as surprise guest at Grand Prix Final" – The Berliner figure skater Annika Hocke participates with Robert Kunkel as the first German pair ever at the Junior Grand Prix Final.

excerpts:

_When the two met in the summer to plan the new season, the conversation at some point also came to the Junior Grand Prix Final. At that time, it was more of a dream than a concrete goal, as no German figure skating couple had managed to qualify for the competition by then. ... "We are the surprise guests at this party," says Annika Hocke. "But we don't want to be intimidated and want to show our best performance at the finals."

_For Hocke in particular, the decision to compete again in the juniors this winter seemed at first like a step backwards. (as an Olympian ...) "But the results show that in reality it was a big step forward," says her coach Alexander König. ...

_A return to singles was not an option, but a new partner was also not in sight. Hocke soon started to skate with Kunkel ... "We were two pair skaters without a partner and simply thought that we could do the exercises together in order to stay fit," says Kunkel. They realized this could be more. ...

_H/K wanted the partnership – against the initial concerns of the coaches. "Some elements really didn't look that great at first. The decisive factor for us, however, was, that we clicked immediately. It doesn't happen too often," says Hocke.

_Hocke is much more experienced internationally, Kunkel's best result was 7th place at Junior Worlds. Nevertheless, according to coach Alexander König, both athletes are acting at eye level. "It is mutual learning. Both benefit from this partnership," he says....

_They aiming for Euros, and Worlds. ... "In regard to the 2022 Olympics, the World Championships would be an important experience," says Hocke. It sounds as if at least this goal is now firmly on their agenda.

Attagirl! :40beers:

cs.berlin

_They aiming for Euros, and Worlds. ... "In regard to the 2022 Olympics, the World Championships would be an important experience," says Hocke. It sounds as if at least this goal is now firmly on their agenda.

Attagirl! :40beers:

Take it easy and, perhaps, to quote completely what is not completely unimportant (if the Berliner _Käseblatt already takes the trouble): "But the starting places will only be finally awarded at the German championships in Oberstdorf at the beginning of January".

We know that there are only two starting places available (fought for by Hase/Seegert and Hocke/Blommaert): Blommaert has already said who is eligible for the second place: he (with Pavlova) definitely also wants to take his chance (one can only hope that the decision can be made this time clearly and unambiguously).

text_skate

Take it easy and, perhaps, to quote completely what is not completely unimportant (if the Berliner _Käseblatt already takes the trouble)
This is a known fact to all interested in German figure sakting, or at least those, who read this thread. Therefore I skipped translating it, but indicating by (...), there is more. Feel free, to translate the rest.

Worlds spot will be decided btw not at German nationals, but at Euros.

cs.berlin

Well, but it's not in the article... and I have to check, if it's the true...
Well, there is much that is not in this article, and what can or cannot be assumed to be knowledge is not the subject either.
In any case, if two beer glasses are collided prematurely with each other, one can probably express skepticism ...

cs.berlin

I've heard this crap before ...
Some people seem to have to act as moderators, those lights of all people, who maintain their little ropeshafts here.

J

Jeschke

Zagreb updates:
Good outing in their first event together.
Lopusova/Kazimov got a total of 119,05pts in total an met FD TES too and now have the set.
The score is behind the two 'top' teams for now, but it seems like a decent start! Hope this works out! As mentioned before, I really like Kazimov's skating.

Kist/Gross finished with 102,73pts, failed to met RD TES scores yesterday, again.

J

Jeschke

CS Zagreb:

Good news. Schott sits in 3rd after the SP (61,78pts) < call on the loop. Let's hope she can keep the spot and gains her 2nd CS medal this season.

Isaev came in 19th with 46,11pts. She fell on her 3f<. But, to be fair, Isaev's PCS have not been that bad at all during the season. She had solid outings. Good for her getting the chance on a bigger stage, it's not like she would take the spot away from others right now.

J

Jeschke

As expected, Hocke/Kunkel behind the russians in 6th place (59,47pts).
I really like this SP for them. I am willing to give them time; I like what I see so far and I have no doubts Kunkel will grow with the task.

Side note: Nice to see Rico Rex back in Torino as a coach now.

J

Jeschke

Zagreb updates:
Shot of Schott

Hase/Seegert 2nd with 68,30pts; Pavlova/Blommaert 5th with 59,40pts. Almost same points as H/K at JGPF.
I am damn curious (if P/B are eligible) how german fed will decide on this matter :watch:

cs.berlin

3rd place for Nicole in the overall standings and on the podium at the Golden Spin.
In the SP and the FS B-grade closer to Eliza resp. to place 1 than all other skaters, plus clean (nice 3F+3T; no deductions/falls) and demanding skating - that's it what a real audience wants. M. Huth seems to be on the right track with her, who knows where this will lead (inkl. 3A?)
Of course not to forget are still 40 points distance to the Russian diva (with 2x 3A) .....

The medalists of Ladies event at goldenspin 2019:
🥇Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA RUS 221.15
🥈Viktoriia SAFONOVA BLR 192.49
🥉Nicole SCHOTT GER 182.71

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

No comment on the men and the dance drama towards nationals is building between M/D and U/S; K/N seem already out.

J

Jeschke

After first euphoria;
2nd challenger medal, important world ranking points, and 180+ SB, very important for GP selcection/waiting list next season.

Well done Schott, as mentioned by others before; right track this season; still, without 3lz the layout is so limited, but I still have hope it might appear someday.
But back with 3f3t after 2,3yrs, finally!
Go for it girl! 💪

cs.berlin

The medalists of Pairs event at goldenspin 2019:
🥇 Ashley CAIN-GRIBBLE / Timothy LEDUC USA 199.43
🥈Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA USA 194.29
🥉Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT GER 185.09 (results)

Minerva and Nolan were not able (fall at 3S, -1pts overall) to improve on GP Moscow, but already achieved their second success this season - trend confirmed, there is still more in the tank, the basis would be a less boring program (of course it's hard to decide, because there was/is nothing to see this time)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information