German Skating News 2019/2020

Quadjump

Paul Fentz at Zwinger Pokal Dresden

SP: 2Lo, 1A, 3Lz+2T
FP: 3A (fall), 3A+2T, 2Lz+2T, 3Lo, 3S+2T, 2Lz, 1A (tech 48 pts.)

no words needed!
Is he still going to fly to Canada with being in this shape?

The Grand Prix is quite close to Vancouver (end of the world for Europeans)

cs.berlin

Paul the Stoic is a man who split the minds, one would like to know what is going on in him. All the more I'm looking forward to the coming Saturday and hope that Nicole will set an exclamation mark with a little golden bear in the interlude towards the GP (without any Russian it should be enough for some precious metal ...). Of course, I'll also keep my fingers crossed for her German "fellow runner" and the two junior ladies - good luck!

Golden Bear 2019 / Entries: Senior-Ladies, Junior-Ladies

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Fentz finished 10th in the SP at GP CAN (66,32pts)

After Zwingerpokal I did not know what to expect and it was obviously not that bad, still he leaves me kinda 🤷‍♂️
Lots of lost levels on (laboured) spins too.
Does he really want to go on or is german fed pressing that hard? He seemed not very much into it at all.

That he still is wearing these non-fitting pants, no words.

J

Jeschke

Last edited by a moderator:

Ida

Does anybody know, what is up with Marold? She has been on the entry list for Zagreb a few days ago, but didnt start..

cs.berlin

Hatakawa and Suleymanova getting the same pcs feels like a joke:(
Aya's 3Lz has been put back - since Aljona is currently not able to take care of her, it is now important to safety, which she perhaps better drives, you will see more tomorrow ... (possibly Aljona's claims were still a little bit overambitious)

Last edited:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Good outings and very generous PCS for german junior ladies in Zagreb:
Suleymanova leads with 55,60pts (3lz3t<), Hatakawa close behind in 2nd with 54,93pts.

When was the last time two German girls went 1-2 in any international competition? :eek:

J

Jeschke

Fentz finished GP 🇨🇦 in 11th place with 202,24pts.

Same as SP. Could have been worse but very shaky and lots of (little) mistakes. Better than Zwinger.
Music could be great for him, but sorry, the program does not much for me 🤷‍♂️

Either way, his Euros and Worlds tickets is pretty much safe with this skate now..

🇩🇪 #eurosrace update
Men
340,08 Jonathan Hess (CS FIN 183,49; CS GER 156,59) *W
202,24 Paul Fentz (GP CAN 202,24)
172,64 Thomas Stoll (CS GER 172,64) * FS W
141,69 Catalin Dimitrescu (CS FIN 141,69) *FS W

Ladies
241,55 Lutricia Bock (CS BLR 121,54; CS GER 120,01) *E
177,76 Nicole Schott (CS GER 177,76)
140,79 Ann-Christin Marold (CS GER 140,79) *W
112,30 Kristina Isaev (CS FIN 112,30) *W

Pairs
182,30 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (CS GER 182,30)

Ice Dance
328,65 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (CS BLR 169,45; CS SVK 159,20)
165,61 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS GER 165,61)
162,31 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS GER 162,31)
122,45 Amanda Peterson / Maximilian Pfisterer (CS GER 122,45) *FD

*TES missing

J

Jeschke

Suleymanova finished 3rd in Zagreb according to her club IG with 146,51pts. That is the best junior lady score far.
No clue where Hatakawa did end up, official results are still missing.

Not to speak of Schott :drama:

Sabine-Yuna

Suleymanova finished 3rd in Zagreb according to her club IG with 146,51pts. That is the best junior lady score far.
No clue where Hatakawa did end up, official results are still missing.

Not to speak of Schott :drama:
Without having seen any vids from that competition I must wonder about the scoring there. Especially the PCS seem to be really weird. I doubt that skaters like Mikutina can improve that much in their skating in such a short period of time to get higher PCS than Schott or Tornaghi. The same for Suleimanova, who might be a good jumper but lacks PCS a lot. In the SP she got the same PCS as Hatakawa. I don't believe that there is a chance that this is possible.

cs.berlin

The whole event is strange, strangely listless and unambitious: lots of cancellations, no results, no videos, no pictures, no statements, no information about anything. If they don't feel like it anymore, they should let the nonsense stay the same in the future. It's noted.

Hardly said ... / ...

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Without having seen any vids from that competition I must wonder about the scoring there. Especially the PCS seem to be really weird. I doubt that skaters like Mikutina can improve that much in their skating in such a short period of time to get higher PCS than Schott or Tornaghi. The same for Suleimanova, who might be a good jumper but lacks PCS a lot. In the SP she got the same PCS as Hatakawa. I don't believe that there is a chance that this is possible.
Well, we all know how these random Senior-B's are going outta order sometimes.

Thus I am happy german fed goes with CS only for seniors qualifying. The scoring/juding there does not vary that much.
(Now that I said it watch CS CHN/HKG goes totally crazy in scoring :rofl:)

J

Jeschke

Results are up
3rd FS for Schott (114,43), 4th place overall (169,99pts).

She did mess up the 3t3t in the short which ended as 3t only, FS seems rather clean for her, one combo is missing.
Still I don't get that 'easy' layout. It's fine to get her confidence that she can skate clean, but will she upgrade to 3f3t sometime in the season? Or put at least a 3t3t back into the FS?
Saying that, after the injury-driven last season I am pleased she is in decent form already and got some WR points.

Juniors:
3. Sulymenova 146,51pts
7. Hatakawa 139,24pts

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #juniorsrace

Men
343,48 Denis Gurdzhi (JGP FRA 178,54; Halloween Cup 164,94)
278,20 Louis Weissert (Halloween Cup 143,57; JGP POL 134,63) *FS
143,83 Nikita Starostin (JGP RUS 143,83)

Ladies
285,05 Nargiz Suleymanova (Golden Bear 146,51; Denis Ten Memorial Challenge 138,54)
269,89 Aya Hatakawa (Golden Bear 139,24; JGP POL 130,65)
140,30 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP ITA 140,30)
111,86 Anastasia Steblyanka (Halloween Cup 111,86)
102,96 Dora Hus (Halloween Cup 102,96) *
95,53 Elodie Eudine (JGP LTU)

Pairs
312,51 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (JGP CRO 156,31; JGP POL 156,20) **
219,98 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (JGP CRO 116,56; JGP POL 103,42)

Dance
260,84 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Liebers (JGP LTU 130,44; Halloween Cup 130,40)
259,96 Lara Luft / Valentino Schuster (JGP ITA 133,36; JGP FRA 126,60)
115,84 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (Halloween Cup 115,83)
113,22 Lara Enderlein / Malte Brandt (Mezzaluna Cup 113,22) *FD
84,82 Diana Kist / Sergej Gross (Halloween Cup 84,82)*

*TES missing
** qualified due reaching JGPF

J

Jeschke

Rough day at GP FRA for #TeamD 🇩🇪

Schott sits in 10th place with 54,43pts. 3lo<< fall did cost a lot of points; performance was kinda gone after the fall. 8th place and WR points are about 8pts away, I guess that gap is already too big. A shame, the chance was there.

Hase/Seegert ranked 6th with 59,13pts. Weird fall by her in the sbs, followed by another fall of her in the steps. Very rough.
Well, they have to learn from that, what else is there to say? 🤷‍♂️

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Is Schott sick? Or just a bad day at the office? Even the basic skating (not to mention the performance) looked more labored than usual today.

J

Jeschke

Is Schott sick? Or just a bad day at the office? Even the basic skating (not to mention the performance) looked more labored than usual today.
I thought the same; @Laney mentioned she seemed to have a cold.

If you expect any info by german fed (of the entire event) so far, you are foolish :D

Laney

I thought the same; @Laney mentioned she seemed to have a cold.

If you expect any info by german fed (of the entire event) so far, you are foolish :D
She used a LOT of cleenex in practice. So I don't know if she usually needs so much, or if she has a cold.

cs.berlin

Ladies, that was just miserable. Pull yourselves together, please.
Nicole falls back into her scheme, but which devil drove in Minni ... so unfocused and off track. It seems to me that she is a bit distracted privately.
Now they run in their 5th year and it should be enough once to a podium place at an Olympiad. At least the connection to the world top was the goal, as often noticed. It's about time. But like this? With such performances and also with yawning boring program repetitions as you will see them tomorrow? There would be the question to ask the team: Why - just as an example - not even show a reverse lift (perhaps as homage to the legendary ice dancers Anissina/Peizerat), at the moment certainly a unique selling point in pair skating and at all? A connecting element that benefits the PCS and helps the audience to delightful frenzy? Instead, it is a lack of simplicity wherever one looks.

J

Jeschke

It seems to me that she is a bit distracted privately.
Do you actually know all those german skaters (or their teams) personally you are giving so much insight thoughts about? Hase, Hocke, Hatakawa, etc.
Or are your comments based on social media etc only?

(Don't get me wrong, no offense, I am just curious)

text_skate

There's a really interesting in-depths interview with Katharina Witt in today's taz, double page in "30 Jahre Mauerfall". I've posted it in a new thread.

shortcut: https://taz.de/!5636400/

J

Jeschke

Counter-question (exceptionally out of interest): How many Kleenex needs an insinuation that is doomed to failure by stupidity?
My question was serious with no insinuation at all!

But let’s keep it the way, no need to turn this thread in a mess like others.

J

Jeschke

No protocol and no stream, so not much to say, what happened:
But the scores for the 2 dance team at the CS HKG seems not to help them much towards #eurosrace
Koch / Nüchtern 64,10
Urban / Steffan 62,75

text_skate

The scores are quite low. What a pity. I like Urban/Steffan this season the most, particularly their FD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information