German Skating News 2019/2020

marie1616

I still wish Hatakawa to somehow sneak in and make it to junior worlds. For me she is the one who has the best skating skills and artistry and the only one who has 'it'.
But with Suleymanova landing 3Lz-3T in competition and Marold being more consistent her chances are becoming worse and worse.

cs.berlin

Aya has an enormous potential, but first someone like Aljona had to come to get it out of her to make these great leaps in development possible in the shortest time. At the moment she seems to miss her mentor very much, but for this reason, Aya's talent will not wither away. Come on time, come on advice, that will be all right.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Müller/Dieck won the Denis Ten Memorial Challenge with SB of 173,07pts.
I still very much dislike the FD, but well, as long we get a real battle for the euros spot I am pleased.

cs.berlin

Katharina MÜLLER & Tim DIECK GER Free Dance 2019 Denis Ten Memorial

Slanted and idiosyncratic, perhaps also polarizing, in any case outstanding and on top of that historic with a view to the future. Thus the first ice dance gold of the Denis Ten Memorial could remain in memory, a striking event in view of Katharina's and Tim's theme from the previous season: death, mourning and memory. I just think the lecture was very well done.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Hess had a solid FS at Finlandia.
183,49pts in total. Best german score so far this season.
Two nice 3a's. Great improvement from NHT. Step into the right direction.

Dimitrescu with epic meltdown :(
141,69pts
It's a shame with Dimitrescu as imho he has potential, but well, something is lacking obviously to get it together in competition.

Sunny231

Nice progress from Hess, the 3A's were really huge crackers. However, he is still lacking a 3-3 Combo and had popped 2 jumps. Way to go in PCS, too, but it's early in the season still, hopefully he improves further, I like the music of his FS. A shame that there is only 1 spot at Euros for the men, the battle between Stoll and Hess would be interesting if there wasn't Fentz who will get the ticket to 99% if he's not injured, no matter what Stoll or Hess do.

J

Jeschke

Weinzierl entered for CS POL.
@alchemy void might be pleased to see her back.

#eurosrace seems over for Dastich already, as she won't get 3 events counting now.
Surprised Isaev got the call above her and Marold.
It will be interesting to see who gets CS CRO. Some girls will be left with only 2 or even 1 CS.

Jagoda as sub here, it's fine, but why couldn't they have given him a place in a different one where he could actually skate?

H/K vs P/B :watch:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny231

I don't get it with Isaev...why are they giving her 2 CS, but didn't give her a JGP? That would have been more appropriate. Her score at Finlandia Trophy was :yikes:. All of the German Junior Ladies at the JGPs got way better scores than her (except Eudine), but well, Hatakawa and Suleymanova are not old enough for Seniors.
Marold will surely get the last event in Zagreb and still has Nationals left. Weinzierl got injured in summer, so no surprise that she didn't show up earlier. No idea about Dastich, though. Hopefully she can finally start a comeback at CS POL.
I bet Jagoda, Stoll and Fentz get CS Zagreb and Fentz has also the GP CAN to get 3 events + Nationals counting if he shows up everywhere. Jagoda is also on the entry list of Halloween Cup this week.
I'm exited to see Hocke/Kunkel and Pavlova/Blommaert skate in the same competition, the battle mode is on! :respec:
But no Germans in Ice Dance at CS POL? That's surprising. So one of the couples won't get to skate 3 CS at the end, my guess is that Urban/Steffan won't because they already cancelled CS FIN, but they still got Nationals left.

cs.berlin

If they run the programs really well and the start list does not change much, could there be a second place for Minni and Nolan in Grenoble - behind Mishina/Galliamov? Zabiiako/Enbert have cancelled, instead of the (third) Russian pair, the Italian Ghilardi/Ambrosini have announced a GP for the first time (which will again be a joyful encounter for the two ladies from Germany and Italy - the two are very friendly since Tokyo and the common training in the Dolomites).

J

Jeschke

If they run the programs really well and the start list does not change much, could there be a second place for Minni and Nolan in Grenoble
For me all between 3-6 is possible; M/G and C/LD I see above them, but well, bring the surprise, I am in!

Well, as you mentioned for U/S, maybe the skaters had to decide in advance which CS they wanted to do and cannot change afterwards. Iirc it was like that in the olympic season.
Schott will get Zagreb for sure too, or? They won't let their best lady to date only skate 2 events, do they?
So I expect Schott, Weinzierl, Marold or Dastich here.

Sunny231

Schott will get Zagreb for sure too, or? They won't let their best lady to date only skate 2 events, do they?
So I expect Schott, Weinzierl, Marold or Dastich here.
Of course, Schott will be there for sure and my other guesses are Marold and Dastich as both are in PK team and Weinzierl is only EK, the PK skaters surely get priority. I also still hope for a late GP nomination for Schott, there are 2 open spots for GP FRA and GP JPN, her chances are quite good to get one of these spots IMO after her decent score at NHT.

J

Jeschke

there are 2 open spots for GP FRA and GP JPN, her chances are quite good to get one of these spots IMO after her decent score at NHT.
Only GP FRA has one spot left; the NHK spot got Wessenberg.
So, we have to hope for DG :p

cs.berlin

Loena Hendrickx has just been crossed out (resp. released her place in GP/FR), what a pity ... What's wrong with her now?

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Great news for #TeamD 🇩🇪
Nicole Schott got the open spot at IdF!

Great for her after the subpar last season, that the SB still got her a GP!
She had a great outing there last time, so let's hope she can do it again!

Based on the entries even Top 8 and world ranking points could be possible!

sus2850

I guess he reads FSU

Dimitrescu with epic meltdown :(
141,69pts
It's a shame with Dimitrescu as imho he has potential, but well, something is lacking obviously to get it together in competition.

J

Jeschke

I am rooting for Dimitrescu all the time in here, but that Finlandia FS was a meltdown. Simple.
4pops, 2a, 3a splat, 3s wonky.

Coming in here, reading comments, we had this discussion with Meagan before, I am not starting it all over again... 🤷‍♂️

C

casken

I am rooting for Dimitrescu all the time in here, but that Finlandia FS was a meltdown. Simple. 4pops, 2a, 3a splat, 3s wonky.

Yeah, I've been meaning to post here how much I like him and potential I think he has, but that was one of the more "Tribute to Laetitia Hubert" programs I've seen in recent memory and he can quote me on that on Instagram. :slinkaway

J

Jeschke

Gurdzhi with another solid outing at Halloween Cup: 164,94pts.
He progressed to last season; I like his set of programs and his overall skating. He is still missing the harder elements, hope they will come in future.
Weissert with 143,57pts.

The girls did not campaign for themselves 😕
Steblyanka 111,86pts
Hus 102,96pts

J

Jeschke

CS BLR updates:
Müller/Dieck sit in 6th with 67,79pts.
I guess with some really high scores been given out here, they were hoping for more.
I am no fan of both of their programs, can't help. Finnstep looked really rough.

Peterson/Pfisterer 59,94pts, 8th.
Big improvement (point wise) to NHT. I could not see much difference. Still very juniorish. But hey, world RD TES, congrats.

Bock with 2 < falls :( 40,15pts, 23rd
I don't know; maybe they should go for simplier layout (if it's simpler for her); all these breakdowns must really hit her confidence :(

J

Jeschke

Bock can hopefully skate better in the free today
Somehow a redemption skate. 121,54pts.
Only one pop, no fall, I guess some </<< calls though.
She seemed happy in the end, which is all that matters right now for her.

Halloween Cup News:
Koch got rid of that ridiculous RD top, thanks god. Dress looks better now.
64,72pts with german caller at random-b does not leave me very optimistic though.

J

Jeschke

Müller/Dieck with 169,45pts and (likely) 5th place finish at CS BLR. Best german score so far this season.
I am pleased to see the grey hair is gone for Tim. This was pushing it a bit too far for me.
I don't get the concept of this program. For me, it's way too much standing around, doing poses. But well, they stand out, again, at least. 🤷‍♂️

Peterson/Pfisterer withdrew before the FD.
Someone knows what happened here?

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #eurosrace

Men
340,08 Jonathan Hess (CS FIN 183,49; CS GER 156,59) *W
172,64 Thomas Stoll (CS GER 172,64) *FS W
141,69 Catalin Dimitrescu (CS FIN 141,69) *FS W

Ladies
241,55 Lutricia Bock (CS BLR 121,54; CS GER 120,01) *E
177,76 Nicole Schott (CS GER 177,76)
140,79 Ann-Christin Marold (CS GER 140,79) *W
112,30 Kristina Isaev (CS FIN 112,30) *W

Pairs
182,30 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (CS GER 182,30)

Ice Dance
328,65 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (CS BLR 169,45; CS SVK 159,20)
165,61 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS GER 165,61)
162,31 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS GER 162,31)
122,45 Amanda Peterson / Maximilian Pfisterer (CS GER 122,45) *FD E/W

* TES missing

J

Jeschke

Koch/Nüchtern coming in 2nd at Halloween Cup (166,87pts).
I like the Coldplay program for them, I am not sure it makes them stand out to M/D or U/S though.

I do net get rid of the feeling that the #eurosrace will be won by the team with the lucky panel on one event by their side.

J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #juniorsrace Update:

Men
343,48 Denis Gurdzhi (JGP FRA 178,54; Halloween Cup 164,94)
278,20 Louis Weissert (Halloween Cup 143,57; JGP POL 134,63) *FS
143,83 Nikita Starostin (JGP RUS 143,83)

Ladies
259,88 Nargiz Suleymanova (Denis Ten Memorial Challenge 138,54; JGP FRA 121,34)
140,30 Ann-Christin Marold (JGP ITA 140,30)
130,65 Aya Hatakawa (JGP POL 130,65)
111,86 Anastasia Steblyanka (Halloween Cup 111,86)
102,96 Dora Hus (Halloween Cup 102,96) *
95,53 Elodie Eudine (JGP LTU)

Pairs
312,51 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (JGP CRO 156,31; JGP POL 156,20)
219,98 Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (JGP CRO 116,56; JGP POL 103,42)

Dance
260,84 Anne-Marie Wolf / Max Liebers (JGP LTU 130,44; Halloween Cup 130,40)
259,96 Lara Luft / Valentino Schuster (JGP ITA 133,36; JGP FRA 126,60)
115,84 Lilia Schubert / Kieren Wagner (Halloween Cup 115,83)
113,22 Lara Enderlein / Malte Brandt (Mezzaluna Cup 113,22) *FD
84,82 Diana Kist / Sergej Gross (Halloween Cup 84,82)*

*TES missing

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information