German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Which makes me wonder if they would do junior pairs this season. Arent they still eligible?
What is the cut? Robert turns 21 next April, Hocke 19 in July.

Junior to start would make more sense to me, I do wonder though, what (desperate) german fed thinks about that! :rolleyes:

marie1616

What is the cut? Robert turns 21 next April, Hocke 19 in July.

Junior to start would make more sense to me, I do wonder though, what (desperate) german fed thinks about that! :rolleyes:

Hocke is a couple of days to old the cut is July 1st.:(

Sabine-Yuna

Hocke is a couple of days to old the cut is July 1st.:(
Both have one more junior season. I wonder how fast they can prepare for next season (junior or senior). Just 4 months to learn the elements together and to skate as a team seems kind of short, but junior seems to be the easier road for the beginning.

J

Jeschke

Joti Polizoakis officialy retired from competitive skating:

He thanks everyone: family, fans, coaches, german fed, german army.
He is proud of what he has achieved.

So seems Schott#2 is not happening and new opportunities are ahead.
#junglecalling 😈

Last edited by a moderator:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Joti Polizoakis officialy retired from competitive skating:

He thanks everyone: family, fans, coaches, german fed, german army.
He is proud of what he has achieved.

So seems Schott#2 is not happening and new opportunities are ahead.
#junglecalling 😈

Schott #2 should team up with Kötting.

sanni

GP assignment isn’t really good for Team Germany. Only Hase/Seegert and Fentz are on the list...

Sunny231

Annika Hocke/Robert Kunkel will skate Junior Grande prix and then switch to seniors for nationals and potential Europeans / worlds assignments
That's good to hear, surely the right decision for both of them to start with the Junior Grand Prix and earn some world ranking points there before skating seniors.

J

Jeschke

How did Fentz even manage to sneak in GP roster this season? :shuffle:
I am kinda surprised K/N (nor any other dance couple) managed to get one.
They did not score that low last season. A shame. Hope somehow maybe the sub door will open.

Ladies, well IdF was my hope for Schott and that one failed :drama:
(though not very surprising of course)

J

Jeschke

Good to see some fine team spirit amongst the german pair girls:
(even with Hocke skating with Thomalla's former partner now)

Do we know anything about Thomalla's status?

sandra_persch

Good to see some fine team spirit amongst the german pair girls:
(even with Hocke skating with Thomalla's former partner now)

Do we know anything about Thomalla's status?
I hope she finds a partner soon. Wasnt jansen supposed to get a new partner after the season end too?

Sabine-Yuna

Looks like Ruban may have found a partner already but the release and official confirmation are not available yet

Sounds weird. Why should Russia release this girl? What does Ruben plans? He is 27 - next Olympics that girl could not skate for Germany, even if Russia would release her. Is he planning for Milan 2024? I dont believe so. We'll see, but it doesn't sound like this could work out.

J

Jeschke

Yeah, his latest IG posts hinted something like that.
While I don't see the release as the biggest problem (who is she? is she worth that much for russia, that germany could not handle to get her, if the fed want to --> though, if i'd be part of fed official, i would not invest in any girl for blommaert at all), I'll double the question about his plans with the age difference. But, he's already been to the olympics, maybe he just wants some more years of skating.
Either way, comeptition would be good and german fed desperately needs some good results to hold on to the funding.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Looks like Ruban may have found a partner already but the release and official confirmation are not available yet
Do we know who coaches Hocke/Kunkel?
Are both, Hocke and Blommaert still coached by König or is 'entire' Berlin now a collaboration between König, Österreich, Schubert and Rex?

On another note: any updates on our ladies and men? Which men are left? Status of Bock?

sus2850

Do we know who coaches Hocke/Kunkel?
Are both, Hocke and Blommaert still coached by König or is 'entire' Berlin now a collaboration between König, Österreich, Schubert and Rex?

On another note: any updates on our ladies and men? Which men are left? Status of Bock?

Well, I only know that Nathalie Weinzierl went to a seminar in Italy that Misha Ge held according to her social media.

sandra_persch

I am very curious too.
At least for the juniors & dance entries for NRW Trophy should come up in the middle of July. With only 4 spots in ladies and 5 spots in men they better use the JGPs spots smart.
Not that the DEU has ever been particularly smart :p

marie1616

On instagram Rene Sachter-Lohse has posted lots of pictures and short video clips from the German pairs camp which is happening in Oberstdorf right now. Talisa Thomalla is doing many exercises with William Trautwein who finished 11th at Junior nationals in 2017/18 but I don't know if they have officially teamed up or are just trying to stay in shape until they find more equal partners.

J

Jeschke

First little footage of Pavlova/Blomamert on his IG story (3Tw)

Video is from Oberstdorf; anyone knows if this is just for a practice camp or if Blommaert is back to Bavaria?

marie1616

First little footage of Pavlova/Blomamert on his IG story (3Tw)

Video is from Oberstdorf; anyone knows if this is just for a practice camp or if Blommaert is back to Bavaria?

Practice camp, all German pairs are in Oberstdorf right now.

Sabine-Yuna

How many pairs JGP spots do we have? Might be interesting if H/K, R/S and T/whoever might be around.
H/K are there for sure. You can see in her insta stories. Thomalla too (she was at the picture with Hocke and Hase) but I doubt she is able to get ready to skate JGP with a new partner. I would assume that R/S are in Oberstdorf too. There are at least 2 pairs spots at the the 3 JGP in Europe. So if those 2 pairs go to 2 JGP there are still 2 spots left. I just dont see a pair thats worth going, but who knows...

sandra_persch

I think its 8 spots overall but I dont think 2 will be used for USA and RUS.
RUS and CRO would be an option to avoid back to back competitions but POL and CRO would be the cheaper options for sure.

At the ISU pair seminar in Russia they had Roscher / Schuster, Thomalla / Kunkel and Loisius / Rust attending.
While based on last season I can see them sending Roscher / Schuster especially with Poland being really close for pairs training in Berlin and Chemnitz. I am not sure about the others.

Hocke / Kunkel for sure will get a spot assuming they are competition ready. POL & CRO would be back to back 18-21.09 and 25-28.09.

The other team on the national team Muntean / Rotar did Advanced Novice last season and I have my doubts DEU would start them off on a JGP right away assuming they move up.
Do they still have one more year and Advanced Novices? She turns 15 in August and he just turned 15 in March.

Last edited:

Sunny231

Do they still have one more year and Advanced Novices? She turns 15 in August and he just turned 15 in March.
Yes, they could skate one more year in Advanced Novice because she turns 15 after July 1st. I doubt, too that DEU would give them a spot in the JGPs and I also doubt that they move up to Juniors already. She wasn't consistent even in the double jumps last season and they just learned to do a double twist at the end of last season. That's not enough to be competitive in the JGPs.
Does anyone have an update about the German ice dance couples who are left to possibly compete in the JGPs? As far as I know, only Wolf/Liebers are left of the teams who competed in the JGPs last season?

sandra_persch

Yes, they could skate one more year in Advanced Novice because she turns 15 after July 1st. I doubt, too that DEU would give them a spot in the JGPs and I also doubt that they move up to Juniors already. She wasn't consistent even in the double jumps last season and they just learned to do a double twist at the end of last season. That's not enough to be competitive in the JGPs.
Does anyone have an update about the German ice dance couples who are left to possibly compete in the JGPs? As far as I know, only Wolf/Liebers are left of the teams who competed in the JGPs last season?
Enderlein / Hilpert might get one if they do well during the training camp and monitoring. The other Nk2 team would be Knurr / Marquardt.

Guess NRW Trophy entries will give us a hint

Sabine-Yuna

Enderlein / Hilpert might get one if they do well during the training camp and monitoring. The other Nk2 team would be Knurr / Marquardt.

Guess NRW Trophy entries will give us a hint
What about Luft/ Schuster? I think they have one more junior season left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information