From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This may seem out of place during the current discussion but I think this belongs in this thread.

I found a photo of Totmianina and Marinin on Viewbug.com, of which I am a member. Someone posted this photo in my challenge’Skating on ice’.

I couldn’t tell who the skaters were so I asked the photographer. He said they are “Marinin and Totmianina the 2006 Olympic champions in Turin”. The photo is from their show ‘Romeo and Juliet’.

I know them of course! :) but not this show.

This poster (Sergei) has posted a great photo of Volosozhar and Trankov, skating to Masquerade waltz at the Sochi Olympics.

I discovered some great skating photos by another photographer on that board but she chose not to participate.

Last edited:

reut

Turin”. The photo is from their show ‘Romeo and Juliet’.

I know them of course! :) but not this show.
I found this number on YouTube for you:

Not sure the recording of the full show exists (maybe fans' bootlegs?)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I found this number on YouTube for you:

Not sure the recording of the full show exists (maybe fans' bootlegs?)
Thanks so much! I found more, right after that. I believe the two combined are the complete show.

Last edited:

karmena

In my world, I still question whether Osmond should've been 2nd in the long and potentially overall. There's just no comparing Evgenia's jumps to that of either Alina or Kaetlyn IMO, and I don't think her PCS, as a whole, was better than them either.

I felt exactly the same watching Olympics, that Osmond- and for sure!- earned a silver. I was very surprised that Osmond got a bronze. Also, psychologically it would be much easier, better for/on Medvedeva to be third, less heartbreak for her. And more fair for everyone. Overall Osmond certainly was the best skater of all the tree of them, however Alina earned her gold. She was truly good on that day.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I felt exactly the same watching Olympics, that Osmond- and for sure!- earned a silver. I was very surprised that Osmond got a bronze. Also, psychologically it would be much easier, better for/on Medvedeva to be third, less heartbreak for her. And more fair for everyone. Overall Osmond certainly was the best skater of all the tree of them, however Alina earned her gold. She was truly good on that day.
I have to disagree. Medvedeva and Zagitova both skated great, and deserved to be top two. I would have given the bronze to Miyahara instead of Osmond.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
How did I forget to post this? I have photos of Z&G from my Viewbug photos. I believe those are from Skate America in 2018. Unfortunately the photo quality is not good.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
If anyone actually scored Miyahara's jumps correctly (solely at the hands of just two of the three tech panel) and applied TES like they try to do with PCS ('skater X deserved this' comments), she wouldn't have been anywhere near the podium. I adore her skating but as a complete package, she constantly escapes ur/downgrade calls and gets decent GOE for tiny jumps as it is. Well, escaped. Not being the leader of Japanese skating anymore seems to have its costs.

6 out of 7 jump blocks that Osmond did were about as good as you're going to get - height, distance, power, landing, all of it.

And @Vash01 , you're always posting around FSU with comments such as 'Well I thought this should have been [this many] points' for the segment. Perhaps you'd like to score the stuff yourself and show us what you get? :)

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Nina Mozer is returning to work/coaching. She will coach her own group, 2 senior and 1 junior teams. She is rested, misses training.

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Nina Mozer is returning to work/coaching. She will coach her own group, 2 senior and 1 junior teams. She is rested, misses training.
She's still standing, I guess.

Ka3sha

Worlds team was announced on Channel 1 right now: Evgeny Semenenko got the Worlds spot
:eek:

No other surprises:
Scherbakova, Trusova, Tuktamysheva
Kolyada, Semenenko
Tarasova/Morozov, Boikova/Kozlovskii, Mishina/Gallyamov
Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Zahorski/Guerreiro

Last edited:

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Worlds team was announced on Channel 1 right now: Evgeny Semenenko got the Worlds spot
:eek:
Wow, so they are going with the sporting principle!
I thought they'd used the fact that Aliev won the Long and has a better international ranking/status to send him!

3T3T

I’m shocked with that decision. I’ve really enjoyed Semenenko’s skating this year, especially his short. This is a lot of pressure on his young shoulders. He skated well all season bar the nationals when I did expect him to be in the medal hunt. I’m disappointed for Aliev.

However I’m looking forward to seeing Tatiana Mishina at the boards, she really lives his skating.

Best of luck to him, I’ll be cheering him on.

Any word on the other team members is it Liza T and M/G

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Teams announced for worlds

Sports couples - Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov, Alexandra Boykova and Dmitry Kozlovsky, as well as Anastasia Mishina and Alexander Gallyamov. In dance, the country will be represented by Alexandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin, Victoria Sinitsyna and Nikita Katsalapov, Tiffany Zagorski and Jonathan Gureiro.

In men's single skating - two tickets: Mikhail Kolyada and Evgeny Semenenko. Well, the main intrigue was, which of the girls will go to the competition? Here they are - Anna Shcherbakova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Alexandra Trusova.

The final list was approved based on the results of the Russian Cup, which ended in Moscow the day before. The world championship will be held in Sweden from March 22 to 28.

mjb52

Are they going to have traveling alternates? And even if not, did they announce alternates in general? Disappointed for Aliev, but pleased for Semenenko.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
gutsy with choosing Semenenko, but It wouldnt have mattered anyways, go for broke.
Aliev was a hit or miss anyways.
Maybe the federation felt that Kolyada & Semenenko together have a better chance of regaining that 3rd spot for Russia’s men? A bit more secure than a Kolyada-Aliev combination?

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Maybe the federation felt that Kolyada & Semenenko together have a better chance of regaining that 3rd spot for Russia’s men? A bit more secure than a Kolyada-Aliev combination?
Russian men have consistency issues

headcase + haadcase =
headcase + headcase =

No difference between Aliev or Semeneneko or Kolyada
it depends on their skate of the day, lol

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So it is final. Liza goes to worlds - I am happy for her. Aliona stays home, but she can rest and get a head start on the next season.

Aliev was either sick or injured, right? May be that’s why the RSF didn’t feel comfortable sending him to worlds?

Ice dance - no surprise.
Pairs- no surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information