From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

it has always been the nationals of elder age.
What they are trying to say when using the words "старший" and "младший" is:
Juniors - senior group/division/segment
Juniors - junior group/division/segment
Novice - senior group/division/segment
Novice - junior group/division/segment

When translating into english, one should add "group or division or segment", because "старший" and "младший" is actually an age division with in a competition category.

hanca

Values her privacy
What they are trying to say when using the words "старший" and "младший" is:
Juniors - senior group/division/segment
Juniors - junior group/division/segment
Novice - senior group/division/segment
Novice - junior group/division/segment

When translating into english, one should add "group or division or segment", because "старший" and "младший" is actually an age division with in a competition category.
I do understand what those words mean in Russian, as well as what they mean in my birth language. I understand that within the categories of novice and juniors are sub-categories of older age group and younger age group. However, from some unknown reason, instead of ‘older age’ I see it translated at many different places as youth nationals of ‘elder age’. Not sure why. As I explained, English is not my first language so I am not quite sure when the use of word older changes to elder. (Of course I know the term elderly people being used to people of quite advanced age, which of course has nothing to do with skating and with ‘elder age’ nationals.)

Dobre

As I explained, English is not my first language so I am not quite sure when the use of word older changes to elder.
For what it's worth, I've never heard the term "elder" used to define a group for a sports event or a competition of any kind with kids. "Older" is quite common.

Truthfully, I don't know why this is the case. It's not impossible to say, "Listen to your elder sister," and mean someone only a year older than a ten-year-old, for example. The use of the word "elder" in that case does feel a bit dated, though. When in doubt, "older" used as an adjective is much more common with people who are not elderly.

Ka3sha

Zhulin comment on SinKats:
Vika and Nikita were invited to the team event, and the federation is very upset by their absence, but I see and watch them at practices every day. If at Tatyana Navka's show they skated on a 20x40 meters rink - there was just acting, there was no need to compete, and then when they returned from there and started training at their full strength, they couldn't recover for a long time, were tired after one or two elements. Vika will do a CT scan in ten days, as her lungs were severely affected. I do not want to take risks and I cannot do it.

I really respect our federation, I love it when my athletes perform, but this is a risk. They have their whole life ahead and, I hope, the Olympics. Therefore, I decided to withdraw them. We will strive to prepare for the Russian Cup final and are looking forward to the decision on the Worlds Championship.

mjb52

Zhulin's whole squad (including Zhulin) has had a tough autumn and winter! Hope Vika (and Nikita)'s recovery go smoothly and they are back in fighting form for the Russian Cup.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Re Team Event show and schedule.
Russian Channel #1 will broadcast the whole event. No info yet about youtube feed or international access.

In Moscow time and schedule.
Feb. 5th.
-The Jumping contest: 15:00
-Team Draws: 16:30

Feb 6th.
-Short programmes: 13:45

Feb 7th.
-Free Skates: 13:45

This is the actual times the event will take place in the arena. The TV broadcast schedule is TBD.
“Jumping Contest” piqued my interest. Both genders together??? Should be fun!

Tinami Amori

Channel one requested (and received) a change of start time for SP and FS of the teams.

New times are
Russian Channel #1 will broadcast the whole event. No info yet about youtube feed or international access.

Feb. 5th.

Feb 6th.
-Short programmes: 13:45 17:00

Feb 7th.
-Free Skates: 13:45 17:00

anonymoose_au

Channel one requested (and received) a change of start time for SP and FS of the teams.

New times are

Feb. 5th.

Feb 6th.
-Short programmes: 13:45 17:00

Feb 7th.
-Free Skates: 13:45 17:00
Aww that means I probably won't be able to watch sir to time zones :(

Tinami Amori

For the Team Event the host will be Alexei Yagudin.

Tinami Amori

I am confused. At the bottom of the article it says he has not disclosed his role in the team event. He said "I will take part..." not that he would be the host.
He was playing with words in his first comment intentionally, to make people wonder what his role is. He later confirmed that he is a host.

Last edited:

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Yagudin just shared a video on IG of a roller skater who obviously loves him- Winter outfit and music, and the translation is about Alexei not being prepared for the Russian Cup Final.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it to be another douche post and said as much in his comments.

ETA- and he promptly replied to me, tried to edit his post to make it seem nice, and blocked me. My proudest moment yet today!

Last edited:

Perky Shae Lynn

Yagudin just shared a video on IG of a roller skater who obviously loves him- Winter outfit and music, and the translation is about Alexei not being prepared for the Russian Cup Final.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it to be another douche post and said as much in his comments.

ETA- and he promptly replied to me, tried to edit his post to make it seem nice, and blocked me. My proudest moment yet today!
Yags is such a douchebag.

Last edited:

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Rybvc6TZcbo.jpg

hanca

Values her privacy
It seems that Mukhametzianova/Mironov won’t compete at the junior nationals. Not sure why, but they are not on the list. Are they still struggling with her puberty? Or are they injured?

Valieva, Khromykh and Usacheva won’t compete either. In their case it is probably their decision. Why bother if the nationals are not used as the selection for junior worlds this year. All three placed in top 5 at the senior nationals and that will get them on the senior team for the next season, so they don’t need the junior nationals.

million$momma

It seems that Mukhametzianova/Mironov won’t compete at the junior nationals. Not sure why, but they are not on the list. Are they still struggling with her puberty? Or are they injured?

Valieva, Khromykh and Usacheva won’t compete either. In their case it is probably their decision. Why bother if the nationals are not used as the selection for junior worlds this year. All three placed in top 5 at the senior nationals and that will get them on the senior team for the next season, so they don’t need the junior nationals.
Didn't the Russian women have to pick between competing at Jr Nationals or Senior Nationals this year?

hanca

Values her privacy
Didn't the Russian women have to pick between competing at Jr Nationals or Senior Nationals this year?
I thought there was the rule that they had to choose which Russian cups they wanted to do (they couldn’t do both), but qualifying to senior nationals means the skater is allowed to skate in junior nationals too (if they want to and are age eligible).

It is quite understandable why Valieva, Khromykh and Usacheva feel that they don’t have to, considering that they have placed in top 5 at the senior nationals, but M/M must be either ill, injured, split up or some other similar thing. That means they have no chance to fight for their spot at the junior team and will lose the funding they had this year. (To be fair, considering how the skated this season, they would jot have much chance to get in top six, but it is still sad! I like them.)

Sylvia

TBD
I've started a competition thread for 2021 Russian Junior Nationals in the Kiss & Cry forum: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...nior-nationals-feb-3-5-in-krasnoyarsk.108022/

These skaters listed for Junior Nationals also competed at Senior Nationals in December 2020:

Ksenia Tsibinova [S8]
Anna Frolova [S11]
Valeria Kostina [S17]

Egor Rukhin [S9]
Evgeni Semenenko [S11]
Ilya Yablokov [S14]

Pair: Iuliia Artemeva / Mikhail Nazarychev [S8]

ETA from @RoseRed's post #212: Artem Kovalev [S8]

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I've started a competition thread for 2021 Russian Junior Nationals in the Kiss & Cry forum: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...nior-nationals-feb-3-5-in-krasnoyarsk.108022/

These skaters listed for Junior Nationals also competed at Senior Nationals in December 2020:

Ksenia Tsibinova [S8]
Anna Frolova [S11]
Valeria Kostina [S17]

Egor Rukhin [S9]
Evgeni Semenenko [S11]
Ilya Yablokov [S14]

Pair: Iuliia Artemeva / Mikhail Nazarychev [S8]
You missed Akhanteva/Kolesov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information