From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
This thread is for Russian skating news in general and for discussing the disciplines of men, pairs and ice dance.

Here's a new thread for the discussion of the many talented Russian ladies (2021 Nationals final standings for them are listed in post #3 there): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/russian-ladies-news-discussion-part-1.107920/

Here are the results of Russian Nationals 2021 in Chelyabinsk for 3 of the disciplines:

Men
Result
FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Mikhail KOLYADA SPB 296.15 1 1
2 Makar IGNATOV SPB 265.37 2 3
3 Mark KONDRATIUK MOS 260.31 3 2
4 Andrei MOZALEV SPB 252.92 4 5
5 Alexander SAMARIN MOS 251.38 5 6
6 Anton SHULEPOV SPB 249.89 9 4
7 Petr GUMENNIK SPB 247.47 8 7
8 Artem KOVALEV MOS 247.17 6 9
9 Egor RUKHIN MOS 240.17 12 8
10 Artem LEZHEEV S/K 232.98 10 11
11 Evgeni SEMENENKO SPB 228.47 11 12
12 Artem ZOTOV MOS 227.66 14 10
13 Egor MURASHOV MOS 226.14 7 13
14 Ilya YABLOKOV MOS 214.15 13 14
15 Maxim VARAKIN MOS 180.01 16 15
16 Vladislav KATICHEV MRD 177.06 15 16
17 Maxim PETROV TAT 158.76 17 17

Pairs
Result
FPl. Name Nation Points SP FS
1 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV M/T 228.23 1 1
2 Aleksandra BOIKOVA / Dmitrii KOZLOVSKII SPB 224.99 2 2
3 Daria PAVLIUCHENKO / Denis KHODYKIN MOS 221.39 3 3
4 Anastasia MISHINA / Aleksandr GALLIAMOV SPB 211.95 5 4
5 Apollinariia PANFILOVA / Dmitry RYLOV PER 207.03 4 5
6 Iasmina KADYROVA / Ivan BALCHENKO PER 196.04 6 7
7 Karina AKOPOVA / Nikita RAKHMANIN KRA 194.77 8 6
8 Iuliia ARTEMEVA / Mikhail NAZARYCHEV PER 189.76 9 8
9 Alina PEPELEVA / Roman PLESHKOV MOS 189.64 7 10
10 Anastasia BALABANOVA / Alexei SVIATCHENKO MOS 188.91 10 9
11 Diana MUKHAMETZIANOVA / Ilya MIRONOV M/T 173.20 11 11

Ice Dance
1 Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN MOS 220.16 1 1
2 Tiffani ZAGORSKI / Jonathan GUERREIRO MOS 210.94 2 2
3 Anastasia SKOPTCOVA / Kirill ALESHIN MOS 196.97 3 4
4 Sofia SHEVCHENKO / Igor EREMENKO MOS 194.29 5 5
5 Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA / Egor BAZIN M/S 192.68 4 6
6 Annabelle MOROZOV / Andrei BAGIN PER 182.86 7 3
7 Svetlana LIZUNOVA / Alexander VAKHNOV MOS 165.48 6 7
8 Ekaterina MIRONOVA / Evgenii USTENKO SPB 160.71 8 8
9 Sofia KARTASHOVA / Ilya KARPOV SVE 153.01 9 10
10 Vlada PAVLENINA / Alexander ALEKSANIAN SVE 152.44 10 9
11 Julia TULTSEVA / Anatoliy BELOVODCHENKO MOS 143.03 11 11
12 Elizaveta KIRILLOVA / Mark CHEGODAEV NIZ 124.50 13 12
13 Elizaveta PASECHNIK / Egor KOLOSOVSKII NIZ 123.64 12 14
14 Vlada CHASHNIKOVA / Zakhar CHEREZOV KIR 115.96 14 13

Last edited:

BittyBug

Disgusted
This was probably in the other thread somewhere, but what happened to Danielian? Is he injured this season?

And any news on Aliev's recovery?

Sylvia

TBD
This was probably in the other thread somewhere, but what happened to Danielian? Is he injured this season?
Yes, he went to Germany for ankle surgery back in October:
Tatiana Tarasova was quoted in a Dec. 9th article: "Danielyan is starting to slowly return, he is restoring his athletic form, which was in very good condition before the injury. We will wait for the second half of the season."

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It's going to be interesting to see how the Fed sets up the extra events before naming the worlds team and maybe the national team for funding. Will they be skate offs like the 2019 world team between Tuk and Medvedeva or test events to see who is healthy enough? Will they be mandatory (rumor is they are, but the fed shifts positions all the time).

starrynight

Has Daniil Samsonov competed this season? Last I heard he was having growth issues. Or will we see him next season having grown 2 feet?

NAOTMAA

Trusova needs better programs that show her off better. They tried to make her a lyrical skater in the SP and she is no such thing no matter how polished her skating has become. Her free program also had a large soft dreamy like section in the middle which she pretty much skated through without any thought. If she had music that matched her actually skating she would look so much better

And I hope they stop making the footwork look so frantic and wild although I guess that was very much a Plushkenko thing (look at his own competitive programs) so it's going nowhere.

zebraswan

Has Daniil Samsonov competed this season? Last I heard he was having growth issues. Or will we see him next season having grown 2 feet?

He did not compete, but I have seen him in Moris's stories at the rink recently. He may have grown, but not quite that much...

Anyone know what happened to Vladimir Samoilov?

DobrinFan

No he has Osgood-Schlatter and his knees still hurt so he isn't competing at the moment. I don't think he's grown all that much.

J

Jeschke

Anyone know what happened to Vladimir Samoilov?
Samoilov is still in Volchkovas group.
As he is still practicing all the hard stuff (based on IG) but has been totally absent on RC series or any other RUS event I wait for a country switch announcement each day :drama:

starrynight

No he has Osgood-Schlatter and his knees still hurt so he isn't competing at the moment. I don't think he's grown all that much.
With Osgood Schlatter is it a case of resting high level activity until the growth plate closes? I can imagine this having a big impact on boys who do heavy repetitions during puberty- they grow upwards way more than girls.

Tinami Amori

Georgiy Kunitza has paired up with Evegniya Tumanova. He was originally paired up with Ekaterina Storublevtzeva, but for anthropometric reasons it was determined that he was better suited with this new partner. He is still training in the "School of Tamara Mosckvina", and his new coach is Dimitry Minchuk.

Sylvia

TBD
Dec. 27, 2020 press release that announced that "the winners of the Russian Championship in 2021 [Shcherbakova, Kolyada, Tarasova/Morozov, Stepanova/Bukin] ... are automatically included in the Russian national team for participation in the world championship, if it is held":
Excerpt from the end:
Since the European Championship this season has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic, and there is still three months before the World Cup, the FFKKR will consider a plan for holding additional competitions for adults and juniors, which will take place in February and March, to determine the final composition of the national team for the World Championships.

Let us remind you that the junior world championship will not be held this season either.

"This season is unprecedented, unparalleled, therefore the FFKKR is doing everything so that athletes and coaches have the opportunity to compete. We have always proceeded and are proceeding primarily from the interests of coaches and athletes and do our best to continue the competition," said the President of the FFKKR, Olympic champion Alexander Gorshkov.

Re-posting the link to the current competition calendar on the Russian federation's website ("The schedule may be changed due to the development of the situation with coronavirus infection"): https://fsrussia.ru/calendar.html

Feb. 1-5 Championship of Russia among juniors Krasnoyarsk
Feb. 23-27 Final of the "Cup of Russia - Rostelecom" Velikiy Novgorod

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Georgiy Kunitza has paired up with Evegniya Tumanova. He was originally paired up with Ekaterina Storublevtzeva, but for anthropometric reasons it was determined that he was better suited with this new partner. He is still training in the "School of Tamara Mosckvina", and his new coach is Dimitry Minchuk.

Speaking of Tutberidze's ex students...what ever happened to Ilia Skirda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information