From Russia With Love [#37]: Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigbird

I know she missed skating time due to the *********, but so did anyone else. somehow I expected her to be better.
It's not just the lost time but the psychological impact of the YBS. The not knowing the struggling to keep motivated when in the back of your mind you see international after international competition disappearing and you have little or no income. God bless the ones who have the strength and resources to cope better. There's really going to be an unfair advantage for some in this oddity called a season.

lala

Because nobody is so special they need to replicate themselves. Same reason I disagree with any form of IVF. Just get over it if you can’t conceive, you ain’t special, we don’t need your offspring. There’s a reason for it and OMG .. 5 kids now? Foul.

To use a surrogate mother is very common in Russia. Probably this is something cultural. @Moka-Ananas said she have seen the Reality show series. I have seen that serie when they were at doctor they learned they can't have kids. They chose this because as I said Plushenko wants more!

@aliona22
the elder guys https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Ywu4InfRM/ both of them are students of univesity ( MGIMO University- Moscow State Institute of International Relations ) they learned English-speaking high school.

Yana's real son, Nikolai is on the right side from her previous marriage with Viktor Baturin. The left one is Andrei Baturin, Yana and Plushenko adopted him. Andrei was born when Yana and Baturin already lived together but he was born from Baturin's previous relationship. I don't know what happened later, I read the real mother was a dancer girl who worked in Spain....I dont't know what is the true but the boy grew up with his father thus with Rudkovskaya. When they divorced that was a big fight for the children front of the media. Yana wanted both of the guys, he loves Andrei as Nikolai. The court sentenced the children to Yana, but Baturin, who is a billionaire, did not give the children. He said Yana is working with a gay singer, Plushenko is also gay that is not good for the children..... But the matter was resolved because Baturin went to jail for tax fraud.
When Baturin came out of prison, he saw the things differently. He left the kids with Rudkovskaya, sending cakes , macarones :love:every day for Sasha Plushenko. And now he congratulated to them on the newborn child. Some years ago Andrei's mother re-appeared in the game, there was a bit of media hype, -Yana was a bitch and a theif again-, she met with her son, but Andrei chose the Plushenko family. Thus Rudkovskaya has 4 sons and Plushenko has 5 because he has a 14 y.o son, Egor from his previous marriage.

Last edited:

kris2ffer

Im guessing the bonus points given during the 1st stage of Russian Cup will be applied all throughout the competitions.

So that means for the 2nd Stage Valieva has already +6 points advantage over Trusova and Medvedeva if she only performs her normal non-jumping elements. Dang that is huge.

I like the emphasis on giving non-jumping elements bonus points because usually it is doing a harder jump or combo that gets the bonus especially in Novice competitions.

Last edited:

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
If I learned anything in life, it's not to judge other women for their child-related decisions (as long as no one is harmed).

So polluting the planet with a ridiculous amount of children isn‘t harming anyone?
Thank you for saying I need not exist.

OK touchy test tube girl, calm your jets. Did I aim it at you? I’m aiming it at your parents, who thought they believed they were SO IMPORTANT THEY HAD TO REPRODUCE.

Last edited:

Japanfan

OK touchy test tube girl, calm your jets. Did I aim it at you? I’m aiming it at your parents, who thought they believed they were SO IMPORTANT THEY HAD TO REPRODUCE.

Also responding to your previous posts, @SHARPIE.

There is tremendous pressure on people to reproduce - it remains a societal norm, even though it is less so today and in some parts of the world, less children are being born than was the case in the past.

Women especially are pressured to reproduce - we apparently have 'ticking' biological clocks. I guess mine was not set properly.

Even though I've never had a child, as it never seemed tenable, I do often feel that I've missed out on something important in life.

I'll add that many people just genuinely want to raise a child and (hopefully) get the benefits of having a child - the relationship being (again hopefully) one of close bonds. The benefits include helping their daughters with their own babies (again hopefully).

And while adoption may be seen as a better alternative to surrogacy, the process can be extremely difficult and pretty much impossible for some people. Also, some people do want to see their genes carry on through their children. Lineage and continuity. Maybe those things should not be so important in our overpopulated, environmentally struggling world - but they still are.

Last edited:

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
So polluting the planet with a ridiculous amount of children isn‘t harming anyone?

Yes you did aim it at me, and at my poor mum who only EVER HAD ONE CHILD. Me.
I love my mum and I thank her and my dad for what they went through for seven years to have me. It nearly cost them their marriage and my mum attempted to take her own life.
Think before you launch your broadsides.
My mum is not Yana Rudkovskaya.

lala

I love my mum and I thank her and my dad for what they went through for seven years to have me. It nearly cost them their marriage and my mum attempted to take her own life.

nice! :) thank God he gave you for them! ❤

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Why are you fighting with this person? @SHARPIE reported
You've reported the owner of the board? :rofl:

I have to say, I used to think people should "just adopt." Then I had trouble conceiving and looked into adoptions. :wideeyes: It's not always that easy. In my case, all adoption agencies in the US thought I was too old and the ones in China thought we weren't married long enough but by the time we would have been married long enough, I would then be too old! This doesn't even get into the expense.

With so many children without homes, I find this completely unacceptable and downright ridiculous. Luckily I had a simple problem, easily correctable, and was able to just have one of my own. And a second one by accident! It's rather ironic since I don't really feel any great urge to pass on my genes but you deal with the choices you are given.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I understand having issues with surrogacy. I have issues with it myself, primarily because so much exploitation goes on.

That said, human beings are not pollution. And @Immortelle, however you got here, it's good you're here. :respec:

And now I agree this conversation ought to be moved or halted altogether (but of course I had to put my oar in first :D ).

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Think before you launch your broadsides.
My mum is not Yana Rudkovskaya.

Such a shame your mum felt that her life was so unfulfilling without a child. I’m not saying you shouldn’t have been born but it’s ridiculous women feel like this these days about not having children.

Last edited:

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Sharpie is the owner of this board?

Well that solves the question of whether I'm going to pay for Kiss & Cry access ever again.
I have enjoyed your posts on FSU and I hope you keep posting in the public areas of the board if you want to. I also have a basic membership to FSU and don't intend on upgrading it, but I still get a lot of good information here.

Tinami Amori

Sharpie is the owner of this board?

Well that solves the question of whether I'm going to pay for Kiss & Cry access ever again.

You would abandon a figure skating board just because the owner has a different from yours opinion on a family reproduction issue? People have different opinions and have a right to express them.... without others having a cow if they don't agree... :drama:

Ena Grins

You would abandon a figure skating board just because the owner has a different from yours opinion on a family reproduction issue? People have different opinions and have a right to express them.... without others having a cow if they don't agree... :drama:

No, I would not. But I would choose not to give money to someone who insults a specific poster and their parents.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on that. Onto the actual current Russian skating thread!

Tinami Amori

No, I would not. But I would choose not to give money to someone who insults a specific poster and their parents.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on that. Onto the actual current Russian skating thread!
But you are not paying money for Sharpie's lectures on family procreation methods, you are paying money for figure skating information and services.

Believe me, if you take a multiple social issues questionnaire from every owner of companies and firms that provide you products and services, you may end up without underpants, no transportation and hungry... :cool:

Perky Shae Lynn

Most people that undergo IVF or use a surrogate are desperate to have at least one child. There are families with multiple "traditionally made" children. Are they not polluting the planet?

ana

Or people who from any reason can’t conceive. People with fertility problems, or, for example, same sex male couples...

This practice is an instrumentalisation of woman body: the most deprived woman rent or sell their body. The maternal bond develops before birth in the mother's womb and surrogacy breaks these bonds that develop between woman and fetus during the preganancy. This practice is inhuman for the woman and the child.

Tinami Amori

There is a new "Russian news" topic already started, #38.

If no-one replies further to this one, it will drop off the page soon.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There are families with multiple "traditionally made" children. Are they not polluting the planet?
Yep. They are. Or I should say 'we' are since I have two kids. :D

Personally, I think IVF is a racket. It's super expensive and has an extremely low success rate. Same with freezing eggs, btw. If you are thinking of doing that, be sure to research it thoroughly and make sure it's worth the money to you.

And yes, I'm continuing the discussion but there's a new thread for Russian skating so ...

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
But you are not paying money for Sharpie's lectures on family procreation methods, you are paying money for figure skating information and services.

Actually, dear,I primarily come here to learn about 'sperm banks' and artificial insemination.

Whilst I find the process questionable and rather ersatz,at the end of the day,what you choose to do in your bedroom behind closed doors is your business.

-BB

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Actually, dear,I primarily come here to learn about 'sperm banks' and artificial insemination.

Whilst I find the process questionable and rather ersatz,at the end of the day,what you choose to do in your bedroom behind closed doors is your business.

-BB
The only reason I started posting here is because I thought FSU stood for Fertilization and Semen University.

Last edited:

gotoschool

This comment may be a little late and I have made a similar one in another place, but I love the way Russia test skates set the stage for having a fear mongering free competition that gave fans, coaches and skaters the freedom to decide how close they wished to be to one another and whether they wished to breathe freely and reveal their facial expressions to one another in a public place, especially since I have suffered a lot of isolation from the novel social engineering model. Anna's performance impressed me the most since she held her spirals and graceful and flexible movements out a little longer with more beautiful lines than last season since she has grown. Her skating edges and smoothness also seemed more impressive and despite the opening mistakes she at least kept most her jumps during her growth spurt. Sasha's performance level is better in my opinion than last year. She seemed smoother and less jerky in her motions than last season with some good speed and more maturity with better lines after also having a growth spurt and she connected her movements with her impressive jumps better than last season in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information