Former figure skater Bridget Namiotka dead at 32 after coming forward as victim of sexual abuse

D

Deleted member 221

Beyond horrible. Heartfelt sympathy to her family.

I remember cheering on Namiotka and Coughlin at Liberty, thinking how much potential they had. None of us had any idea what a tragedy we were watching. I wish someone, anyone, could have helped. May those who knew or suspected, yet didn't speak up, realize their mistake and ensure it never happens again. May Bridget never be forgotten. RIP. :cry:

puglover

I recall feeling when the allegations against John and news of his suicide became public, some of the most sensible responses came from Mervin Tran. He recognized the loss of a friend but he acknowledged his inability to know or comment on all aspects of John's life and treatment of others. One would hope that those who were so quick to defend John based on their experience alone have given this sober second thought and would react differently if presented with a similar situation. If you look back and read the articles from around that time, they are just so misguided and downright cruel in light of what we now know to be true and the death of one of his accusers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information