Figure Skating Videos (New Channel)

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Amazing roll call of figure skating greats (mostly from the 1930’s - 1960’s, but some earlier than that) in an presentation made honouring former champions at the 1974 world championships. Video from @floskate

Sadly, many of those honoured are now long deceased

Interesting attire from John Nicks :eek: (Marlon Brando and the Godfather was all the rage back then!), and great to see Cecilia Colledge amongst those honoured. Sonja Henie would have probably been there as well, had she not sadly passed away only a few years earlier from leukaemia at the age of just 57

Last edited:

Amantide

Amazing roll call of figure skating greats (mostly from the 1930’s - 1960’s, but some earlier than that) in an presentation made honouring former champions at the 1974 world championships.

This is such a good thing to do. I think it could've been a great tradition, to do it maybe every decade.

Amantide

Team Event - Olympic Games 2022 (Day 1)

Team Event | Rhythm Dance: Group 1 (BBC)
Team Event | Rhythm Dance: Group 2 (BBC)

Team Event | Rhythm Dance (ESP UK)
1. HUBBELL Madison / DONOHUE Zachary
2. GILLES Piper / POIRIER Paul
3. GUIGNARD Charlene / FABBRI Marco (ITA)
4. SINITSINA Victoria / KATSALAPOV Nikita

Team Event | Pairs Short Program: China & Russia (ESP UK)
1. SUI Wenjing / HAN Cong
2. MISHINA Anastasia / GALLIAMOV Aleksandr

Unfortunately, the last two events from ESP UK, I could only record few skaters when they showed the repeat the day after. I don't know why they showed just two Pairs, or why they jumped from G&P to S&K in RD, thus excluding G&F.🤔

In any event, the BBC feed is complete for RD, and I'll upload Pairs full event as soon as I get it.

Edit: I uploaded a new video of RD with ESP UK commentary, including G&F. I had recorded only the last 3 couples live, so I was missing H&D. Now, I added H&D to the live recording, so you have all 4 couples. I think they skipped G&F in the repeat because the lady who is commentating with Chris (does anybody knows her name?) made a "gaffe" during the live event. :lol:

Last edited:

Amantide

Team Event - Olympic Games 2022 (Day 2)

Team Event | Women's Short Program - Group 1 (ESP Italy)
*Unfortunately, Gubanova is missing here because I had a problem with the satellite feed.
The screen freezed by the end of her performance (just when I enjoying her so much), so I cut it out. But she is in the BBC video. :)

Team Event | Women's Short Program - Group 2 (ESP Italy)

Team Event | Women's Short Program (BBC)
This one is complete. Both groups (all ladies) in one video.

Team Event | Men's Free Program (ESP Italy)
The only skater missing here is the Canadian. I started recording when he had finished.

Enjoy.

Amantide

Thank you @Amantide. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to see anything this time around. Thanks.

I'm very glad you are able to watch them. I read your post and I was trying to speed up the processes of editing & uploading the files.:)

I'll try to do the same with the rest. I'm recording right now, while watching, and I hope there are no issues. This satellite feed can be a pain sometimes.

Huge thanks!

You're welcome. 😘

Amantide

Team Event - Olympic Games 2022 (Day 3)

Team Event | Ice Dance - Free Dance (ESP Italy)
Team Event | Women's Free Program (ESP Italy)
Team Event | Pairs Free Program (ESP Italy)

Edit: I somehow managed to save Pairs recording, which I thought it was damaged.
Each of the competition is complete. I'm nothing if not stubborn. :D

p.s. For those who understand Italian, interesting conversation between the commentators.
Some strong words for James&Radford too. Not for their performance but for their attitude towards other Pairs during practice on the shared Ice. Apparently there has been some tension and (heavy) words exchanged too.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Team Event - Olympic Games 2022 (Day 3)

Team Event | Ice Dance - Free Dance (ESP Italy)
Team Event | Women's Free Program (ESP Italy)
Team Event | Pairs Free Program (ESP Italy)

Edit: I somehow managed to save Pairs recording, which I thought it was damaged.
Each of the competition is complete. I'm nothing if not stubborn. :D

p.s. For those who understand Italian, interesting conversation between the commentators.
Some strong words for James&Radford too. Not for their performance but for their attitude towards other Pairs during practice on the shared Ice. Apparently there has been some tension and (heavy) words exchanged too.
Appreciated!

Amantide

Sorry everyone. Eurosport messed up (for me anyway) with the broadcasting of Men's individual tonight, so I couldn't see or record the competition. Sigh!

I'll see if I can record something from BBC Highlights today.

Bigbird

Sorry everyone. Eurosport messed up (for me anyway) with the broadcasting of Men's individual tonight, so I couldn't see or record the competition. Sigh!

I'll see if I can record something from BBC Highlights today.
No problem. We're a patient bunch.

Amantide

By the way, if you want to download them and save it in your PC, use these two links:

1. YMP4
2. Keepvid

Just copy and paste the link of the video and it's done. I'm sure there are other video downloader for free online, but these two I know works.

Skate Talker

Thanks again so much for the BBC and Eurosport UK coverage - whatever is available.

FYI - I have also been able to successfully and super-quickly download your vids using Any Video Converter, which is also freeware.

Amantide

Last edited:

Amantide

I was debating with myself whether to leave Mark's performance with the cut or just delete it altogether. In the end, I decided to leave it, although 1 or 2 elements are missing. Kevin's performance on the other end, I had to cut it because it just jumped from beginning to end. So there was nothing to save. However, Group 3&4 with BBC feed is fine.

The reason I'm uploading different feeds is not just for commentators but also because the video quality is a bit different. TSN, in this case, is a better video quality than BBC one.

Last edited:

lurkz2

I was debating with myself whether to leave Mark's performance with the cut or just delete it altogether. In the end, I decided to leave it, although 1 or 2 elements are missing. Kevin's performance on the other end, I had to cut it because it just jumped from beginning to end. So there was nothing to save. However, Group 3&4 with BBC feed is fine.

The reason I'm uploading different feeds is not just for commentators but also because the video quality is a bit different. TSN, in this case, is a better video quality than BBC one.
Thank you very much! Really appreciate yr sharing these since coverage is very spotty and delayed where I am.

Amantide

Figure Skating - Winter Olympics 2022 (Day 8)

Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance (BBC)
Group 4:
1. STEPANOVA Alexandra / BUKIN Ivan (RUS)
2. FEAR Lilah / GIBSON Lewis (GBR)
3. PAPADAKIS Gabriella / CIZERON Guillaume (FRA)

Group 5:
1. SINITSINA Victoria / KATSALAPOV Nikita (RUS)
2. CHOCK Madison / BATES Evan (USA)
3. GILLES Piper / POIRIER Paul (CAN)
4. HUBBELL Madison / DONOHUE Zachary USA

Amantide

Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance (ESP Italy)
1. PAPADAKIS Gabriella / CIZERON Guillaume (FRA)
2. SINITSINA Victoria / KATSALAPOV Nikita (RUS)
3. HUBBELL Madison / DONOHUE Zachary USA
4. CHOCK Madison / BATES Evan (USA)

Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the live event so I recorded the highlights only. But both, BBC and ESP, skipped G&F in their highlights. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information