Figure skating in the United States is on thin ice

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
It wasn't much longer after you received your copyright strikes when I finally received a copyright strike for an interview with Todd, Elvis, Michelle and Tara before the 1998 Olympics. All I was doing was sharing skating videos of various events from mainly the 1990's and early 2000's like the 1995 Vail Figure Skating show which included various skaters that competed at the 1994 Olympics.

I had included shows like the Fox Rock N Roll competitions, Improv-Ice, Great Skate Debate, etc. I remember when I signed into my channel, I was blocked at first with a notification regarding the copyright strike. It stated that I had to attend "Copyright School" before I could even access my channel. I was then threatened with my channel being deleted if I received one more copyright strike.

I immediately thought about what happened with you, and now they were giving copyright strikes for skating events, shows and competitions from the 1990's. I didn't wait around for them to delete my channel. I deleted it because I decided it wasn't worth having to worry about what was the next skating event or show from the past that would receive a copyright strike.

It was very hard for me to delete my channel, and I even cried because all I had wanted to do was share all the competitions and events that I had the pleasure of seeing through the years with others that might not have had the opportunity to see it.

Yes It is very frustrating and sad to see your channel go, and most when the copyright strikes are from events from DECADES ago

I have lost that way around 4 channels, couple of them with as much as 10K suscribers!

An alternate solution is the russian ok.ru site that seems more copyright friendly though they use to block ISU stuff of the current season at the time.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Yes It is very frustrating and sad to see your channel go, and most when the copyright strikes are from events from DECADES ago

I have lost that way around 4 channels, couple of them with as much as 10K suscribers!

An alternate solution is the russian ok.ru site that seems more copyright friendly though they use to block ISU stuff of the current season at the time.
I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing 4 channels is just crazy! I'm glad you found another solution, but I still know how frustrating it was for you. :(

Marco

Networks have no real interest in promoting the sport, they only promote broadcasts. They pay for broadcast rights. If their broadcast gets freely put online, of course they will take action.

USFS though, should promote the sport. Perhaps for their events like Skate America and US Nationals, they should strike a deal with NBC for them to have exclusive rights for TV for say, 1 week or 2, and then USFS can then put the clips online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information