Figure skating calendar that you can search by skater

fscal

Hello!
I'd like to let you know about the FS calendar I made:
https://skate-calendar.com/
You can search for events by various criteria, including by participating skater, and you can see entries + schedule for events.
Since I got into watching skating, I've often thought it was a pain to find out "when is <insert skater name>'s next competition?", so I built this site to solve the problem. I hope you find it useful :)

Your feedback is welcome!

eusebius

That's super cool. Are you a developer? I'm just learning javascript and jQuery and I love what you did :)

Kateri

void beast
This is amazing, thank you! Is it possible to export generated calendars to, eg, my google calendar?

siggy

Hello!
I'd like to let you know about the FS calendar I made:
https://skate-calendar.com/
You can search for events by various criteria, including by participating skater, and you can see entries + schedule for events.
Since I got into watching skating, I've often thought it was a pain to find out "when is <insert skater name>'s next competition?", so I built this site to solve the problem. I hope you find it useful :)

Your feedback is welcome!

fscal

Thank you everyone for the comments. :) If you enjoy the site I'd be really grateful if you could share it on social media, I'm really not good at this stuff!

This is amazing, thank you! Is it possible to export generated calendars to, eg, my google calendar?

I could add this option, but time zones would cause issues:
I enter calendar dates + detailed schedules for events in their local time, without telling the software to which timezone they belong. This means the calendar displays events as if they are all in your timezone (your browser determine it from the time on your device).
If the ISU site says a competition starts on day X, then it's shown as starting on day X on the calendar/event page, even if for your timezone it's day X-1 or X+1.
I could change it so takes your timezone into account instead, but this is the behaviour I chose for the site because I think this it what users expect to see (...and maybe also because entering timezone data is annoying :D). As a result, importing the calendar to Google would not take timezone into account either. I think this would be a problem because unlike when using my site, when you use Google Calendar you expect events to be in your timezone.
That's my reasoning anyway, if enough people feel differently I could change it.

@eusebius The backend is in Python. I use JS/jquery for the frontend but it's far from being my specialty. Good luck with your learning!

eusebius

@eusebius The backend is in Python. I use JS/jquery for the frontend but it's far from being my specialty. Good luck with your learning!
[/QUOTE]
Oh cool! I would like to learn Python some day. We're going to be learning Node.js for backend in our course. I noticed you used the jQuery UI datepicker ... very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information