Fernandez's quest for gold

sylvestercat

Banned Member
He has all the talent to do it. I honestly think a clean Fernandez could not be beaten except by a perfect Hanyu, which is unlikely to happen with Hanyu coming back from injury. So in that sense I think the gold is Fernandez's to win or lose. If he skates cleanly he cannot lose to Uno or Chen.

screech

One of the sites with 'predictions' has him for gold (ahead of Hanyu and Uno as silver/bronze).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Even though he won only the bronze, he should be very proud. Before he took the ice, I said- if he skates clean, he may even win the gold. He seemed very happy with his performance and his first Olympic medal. Congrats Javi.

judgejudy27

He was great tonight. It is just a shame of that one doubled pop of the quad, otherwise a very good shot it would have been gold! I honestly think he deserved silver tonight, Uno was overscored IMO but then again his base value was way higher (even before the pop) so I guess it is what it is. Fernandez did get the higher GOE and PCS, but I dont really think Uno's PCS even should have been higher than say Chan's.

judgejudy27

Javier is really incredible. First everything for Spain. First world mens medal, first world mens title, first Olympic mens medal. What a stud and legend! Both he and the great Madge Syers, legends of Spain!

I hope he continues another year or two. I know he is unlikely to go for 2022, but I would like to still see a bit more of him before he goes.

MRani

Congrats on his bronze medal. He seemed very happy to have won any color medal.

He said after the SP, “whether I am first, second, or third, I will be happy.” He clearly meant it and it just shows what an Olympic medal of any color means for him and for Spain. What an amazing and inspiring story his career has been.

The first few seconds of the plushie ceremony video almost had me in tears. Awwwwww :wuzrobbed

And so sweet that you can see Brian trying to take a picture or video behind them, he must be feeling so incredibly proud. Considering what a terrible beginning to the season all 3 of them had (Brian with his surgery!) this must be a triply sweet victory for Team Orser.

screech

I love how much genuine love and respect there is between Yuzu and Javi. I saw another version of the plushie ceremony (with better audio) and Yuzu says to Javi 'No I can't. I can't do it without you.' (Can't hear what Javi says, but it's probably in response to him not sticking around past this season).

And Brian is such a proud father with the photo taking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information