Evgenia Medvedeva Has Retired

PeterG

It appears that two-time Olympic medalist and three-time World medalist Evgenia Medvedeva has retired. I'm surprised there is not a thread about this at FSU. Maybe because it hasn't been covered much? I looked at wikipedia first to see where she was at, career-wise. This is the last sentence under her "Career" section:

In December 2021, Medvedeva announced that she'd ended her competitive skating career due to a chronic back injury.

So I looked here at FSU to read the thread about her retirement. Nothing. :confused::confused::confused:

Then I did a general google search and a google news search. Found this article:

The third section there is entitled, "About ending sports career".

She was such a wonder to watch. Her retirement is a great loss to the sport. But her health is so much more important.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

She explained everything in her recent Olympic Channel interview (highly recommend to read, it’s a great one)

She is going to Beijing as Russian Olympic Committee official ambassador and a part of Channel 1 tv crew. She also took part in exhibitions at Russian Nationals skating to ‘Alegria’ that was supposed to be her competitive program.

Scott512

Zhenyas retirement created only four replies? As the great John Patrick Mcenroe would say you cannot be serious!

Congrats to Zhenya on a great career that broken foot changed everything in 2018. This girl started her senior career with 12 straight gold medals it's just incredible a record that will never be equaled or broken. She was the queen until she broke her foot.

skatfan

Zhenyas retirement created only four replies? As the great John Patrick Mcenroe would say you cannot be serious!

Congrats to Zhenya on a great career that broken foot changed everything in 2018. This girl started her senior career with 12 straight gold medals it's just incredible a record that will never be equaled or broken. She was the queen until she broke her foot.
Why are you so fixated on not one, but three dead retirement threads today?

We don’t care, that’s why no one is commenting. It was clear she wouldn’t come back when the pandemic hit. It’s all very old news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information