Evgenia Medvedeva Cheer thread

barbarafan

If Medev is upset or unhappy she doesnt show it. I love how she went right to Bradie to congratulate her!!!

Medvedeva, who held a slim lead after the short program, also had a solid outing, landing six triple jumps in her free to a tango medley. But she fell on a triple loop and fumbled one of her three spins.

If she was disappointed, she certainly did not show it, running up to embrace and congratulate Tennell before warmly greeting reporters in the mixed zone.

“To be honest, I feel just amazing,” Medvedeva said. “This competition was really an incredible experience. First competition with my new team, new coaches, new everything.”

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018...-medvedeva-at-autumn-classic-hanyu-leads-men/

@Vash01 second rate skater Tennell????? What channel or program are you watching??????? SHe is world class. Im gonna bite my tongue on that comment and eat this last peanut butter cup.

Bradie has hugely upped her game this year. Changes in UR rules resulted in a loss of points as is happening to lots of ladies but her coach will certainly address this for next competition. Programs were strong and beautiful as well. First Rate outing.

kittysk8ts

I see huge improvements in Evgenia’s skating skills. Bigger sweeping movement and holding the movement and edges longer. But it takes time. I find it very promising that I can see significant change in barely 3 months. I also think both programs suit her beautifully. I think we need to remember that likely for the first time ever, when she is on the ice, she is thinking. She has no choice right now because they are re-tooling everything.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What I have noticed is that majority of fsuers were slamming her for the last three years, while she was training with Eteri, and winning nearly every competition (before her injury). Now suddenly they see 'improvements' in everything she does, and when she fails to deliver they find excuses (some are justifiable, like adjusting to a new country, etc.). Zhenya has always improved, within a season and season to season. Her Olympic programs were wonderful but she never received many positive comments about those. Now with flawed performances, with choreography that does not suit her, she gets praise. I believe this is because she is training with a Canadian coach (who I like) and a Canadian choreographer (who I often thought was overrated). That is just fsu.

Whatever Eteri may be, but she knows how to produce winners at the highest level, for ladies at least. The competition seems to motivate them, and they are used to competing. I always thought that was the key to their consistency in competitions. I am wondering if that is missing right now in Zhenya's training? She hardly ever used to make mistakes. Two mistakes in one program was extremely rare for her.

She is competitive enough to raise the level of her game when it comes to the Russian nationals. She may feel happier with the current style of training, and not having to compete against 13-14 year olds, but can she still win the way she used to? I would love to see her at the top of the podium every time. Not only is she a great competitor but she is also very mature and thoughtful at such a young age.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Bradie has hugely upped her game this year. Changes in UR rules resulted in a loss of points as is happening to lots of ladies but her coach will certainly address this for next competition. Programs were strong and beautiful as well. First Rate outing.

Why is this in the Medvedeva cheer thread? There is a fan thread for Bradie.

Polaris

Whatever Eteri may be, but she knows how to produce winners at the highest level, for ladies at least. The competition seems to motivate them, and they are used to competing. I always thought that was the key to their consistency in competitions. I am wondering if that is missing right now in Zhenya's training? She hardly ever used to make mistakes. Two mistakes in one program was extremely rare for her.

Technique change. DUH.

Japanfan

Because you called Bradie a 2nd rate skater in this thread.
I am watching live stream on 4 competitions so have better things to do than check thread headers before I respond

:confused: It doesn't make sense to post in threads without looking at the header first. You may be posting something of zero interest to those participating in the thread, or you may disrupt the flow of the conversation (not to say this doesn't happen, but doing so intentionally does not really make sense).

arakwafan2006

It’s funny to hear all the complaining about her. To me, and i’m 37 but to me, it’s a storyline i’ve lived for! Michelle switching to Lori, Mao going to Tarasova and now Evgenia working with David and Brian. How interesting and awesome to see. I have never seen a skater take on so much all at once. Better edges, moving differently, fixing their Lutz and Axel! I can see she’s understanding the information and processing it and DOING IT. We have the chance to watch one of the best skaters, a Russian Train in Canada with a dream team of coaches. It’s wonderful.

The ask is monumental. I almost think that this Tango should be next year’s program. It never even occurred to her in her past skating life that a woman could or should move the way that she’s being asked to. The short program i think will be good. I have never seen Evgenia be seductive on social media so this Idea for the short for her is interesting. She’s old enough age wise and it looks good given her body changed over the past year tremendously which by the way, WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THAT? Who else handled the change this well? In history? I mean, her spins are definitely not up to par but they will be.

The free skate... it’s choreographed for filth ( done well ) and every single moment is a mood and a chance David wants her to be connected. It’s well thought through except the music edits but i think it’s beyond her current emotional threshold. One thing i remember when i was singing in middle school, high school and college is the importance of not waiting until a certain age to embrace difficult repertoire. That is why i understand them selecting something that pushes her. It’s freaking September and she has a lot of time to work on this. I suppose Brian and co. had a good reason for making her compete so soon after the Russian test skate. I sure hope she gets a chance to breathe and settle in. the day to day work with David will begin to show. She will. I’m certain. Her posture, power, edge quality and overall look... she’s turning into a goddess.

This girl was a robot... a machine and is now coming to life. I’m happy i’m alive to see it. I pray she remains injury free and stays the course. Perfect performances each time are not important. They just are not. This is going to be special.

Sylvia

TBD
“I’m just so excited to go to Cricket and start work again, again, again, more and more. Just nonstop work. I know that Brian, Tracy, Paige [Aistrop] and everybody are ready to work nonstop. I’m so excited.”
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...ready-to-work-after-silver-at-autumn-classic/
Another excerpt:
She might have been feeling lost if not for American Jason Brown, who competed at the 2014 Olympics in Sochi and was an alternate to the U.S. team in 2018. Brown was the first person Medvedeva and her mother saw in Canada.
“He brought us, me and my mom, from the airport with a car,” she told reporters. “He’s a really good guy. I was so happy he met us because it’s an absolutely new country. He helped us a lot.”
According to the Russian skater, Brown has helped set up their life in Canada – everything from television and internet access to documents they might need.
:)

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
“I’m just so excited to go to Cricket and start work again, again, again, more and more. Just nonstop work. I know that Brian, Tracy, Paige [Aistrop] and everybody are ready to work nonstop. I’m so excited.”
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/s...ready-to-work-after-silver-at-autumn-classic/
Another excerpt:

:)

Lovely article, and how cool that Jason Brown is the one helping her and her mother out in Canada.... Its a foreign country for him too, but its cool he was such a help to them!!!

Going through this article.. I wonder what its like for a Russian.. who was really only training with other Russians... and now is with Americans, Gabby Daleman, Yuzuru... seems like she gets more exposure to other people and cultures now....

barbarafan

:confused: It doesn't make sense to post in threads without looking at the header first. You may be posting something of zero interest to those participating in the thread, or you may disrupt the flow of the conversation (not to say this doesn't happen, but doing so intentionally does not really make sense).

This is not a thread of posting etiquette . If you wish to discuss this pls open a new thread. I'll get right on it.

lala

What I have noticed is that majority of fsuers were slamming her for the last three years, while she was training with Eteri, and winning nearly every competition (before her injury). Now suddenly they see 'improvements' in everything she does, and when she fails to deliver they find excuses (some are justifiable, like adjusting to a new country, etc.). Zhenya has always improved, within a season and season to season. Her Olympic programs were wonderful but she never received many positive comments about those. Now with flawed performances, with choreography that does not suit her, she gets praise. I believe this is because she is training with a Canadian coach (who I like) and a Canadian choreographer (who I often thought was overrated). That is just fsu.

She is competitive enough to raise the level of her game when it comes to the Russian nationals. She may feel happier with the current style of training, and not having to compete against 13-14 year olds, but can she still win the way she used to? I would love to see her at the top of the podium every time. Not only is she a great competitor but she is also very mature and thoughtful at such a young age.

:respec::respec: I like you more for this post, Vash! Your whole post is completely true. But that is what I expected here and every North-Am forum. Thanks again

Seerek

Even if it doesn't become a complete slam dunk this season, the Piazzolla free has potential and is (imo) actually a reasonably good challenge as far as nuance and timing goes (at least as it relates to Medvedeva's current level).

The details are there, but Evgenia was slightly missing either the beat or the accents to be more "sharp" in movement.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I hate her new SP. It is not her at all. She is on the wrong path, it seems. It is disgraceful for her to lose to a second rate skater like Tennell. The RSF will make a note of that. It is going to get worse. May be Orser was not such a good choice after all.

I hate Evgenia's new SP too, I agree that it's not her at all. Some, or most here hated her previous programs. To each their own. I LOVE the Russian storytelling style, the dramatic, and/or whimsical programs that were created for her. Libertango has been done to death. That new SP was boring, it could have been almost any skater performing that choreography. I do like that Brian has been working on her jump technique, especially on the Lutz. It will take a lot of time to fix that edge.

That being said - there was no call to attack Bradie just because the judges gave her the win. She is NOT a second rate skater. And I'm not a big Bradie fan - yet. She didn't deserve to be insulted by you.

feraina

I like these two new programs immeasurably better than anything she skated before. And I know she will only get better with time. In fact, I think this might be the first time I’ve posted in her fan thread. Brian et al have brought something new to her skating that I find interesting.

puglover

Sometimes it seems that the transition to a more adult look is challenging. From what I have seen of Tukt I would say she is now very comfortable with it. This change for Evgenia kind of reminds me of Patrick's change from Tango de los Exilades that he skated to in 2008-2009 to Take Five 2010-2012. Both were done by Lori but I believe the original Take Five had Patrick acting drunk at one point, which he did not pull off well. Just part of the evolution for him finding his voice. I applaud letting these young adults have a say in what they skate to - even if they take a few questionable turns.

Sylvia

TBD
Bumping up this cheer/fan thread to re-post @bardtoob's IdF practice clip link (also cross-posted in the Kiss & Cry section):
Wow ... Her 2A has improved so much that she now has the 2A-3Lp :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqfOljOh9Om/
ETA that Orser said she will include this new combo in her FS.
And that loop looks clean! We may not see the full transformation of Med’s jumps in competition this season, but she sure knew what she was doing moving to Orser.

Has this been posted? https://fs-gossips.com/brian-orser-medvedeva-called-me-at-night-she-was-a-little-crazy-and-angry/

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I did not watch the French GP. I was out of touch with the internet. I did post my predictions before leaving. I was shocked to see Zhenya place 5th and out of GPF. Not even the first or second alternate. I assume she will continue with Orser for at least one more year. They have to give both sides a fair chance. Hopefully she can make a comeback next year, but within Russia she will be competing against the quad girls. Can she add a quad to her repertoire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information