Eteri Tutberidze’s message: past year, parents, skating.

Alez

I don't think David Lease, Brian Orser, Megan Duhamel, Dave Haw, Jenny Kirk, Richaud, Arytunyan, Misha Ge, Meissner, and many other top names in skating, would find it funny to be contributing to and members of the "clown car"..:rofl:

Dave Lease is the top name in skating?? WHA??? :yikes:

I mean... have you seen him skate? My 7 yo niece is a better skater than him. There are few videos YT of him attempting skating at some novice level. He can't skate at all, but he is also rather horrible at just attempting it. Frankly, I gotta admit I tried to listen to them few times. And, oh boy, when I heard some of those amateurish remarks about SS, posture and choreography by them - I was like whhaaaaaaaAAaat? :huh:

But then I simply googled them. One is a little blogger -slash- wannabe figure skater, another one is a third-tier opera singer. Well, I know Gerald Finley, Christian Gerhaher, Dmitri Hvorostovsky and Matthias Goerne, but I don't know him. :blah: Who is he? Yet they are seriously attempting to discuss some professional aspects of figure skating.

C'mon. This David Lease is not a big name, he is not even a skater.

ETA: OK, found it. Maaaaaan, this is totally like ultimate anti-figure-skating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHWkL2NPijE Dave Lease is the top name in skating? :D

Last edited:

Perky Shae Lynn

The world does not revolve around Medvedeva for Tutberidze after this season, for sure. Tutberidze has plenty of success, this year and most likely in the upcoming year.
I sure hope you are right. Though Eteri didn't waste any time after the season concluded referencing Medvedeva in her message (see your OP).

Medvedeva has her own road to follow, and hopefully will also stop making veiled references to the past, and Orser and the team does the same, thus not provoking any comments from Tutberidze.
As you said many times, Medvedeva has every right to speak her mind.

Tinami Amori

I sure hope you are right. Though Eteri didn't waste any time after the season concluded referencing Medvedeva in her message (see your OP).
no. Medvedeva not mentioned. Nothing but "how Eteri felt" and her emotions are mentioned in her message.
it's up to you if you see "names" that are not there.

As you said many times, Medvedeva has every right to speak her mind.
... and others have a right to evaluate "why, when and how", and to note the lies, twisting of facts, and spreading rumors throw third parties intentionally.

Perky Shae Lynn

no. Medvedeva not mentioned. Nothing but "how Eteri felt" and her emotions are mentioned in her message.
it's up to you if you see "names" that are not there.
What’s next? Strange departures of my students, one of which I praised and raised as an example for everyone; the one to whom I honestly gave 200% of the 100% possible in sports.

What student was Eteri referring to? I am confused...Did Lipnitskaya leave her after the 2018 Olympics? Someone else?

Last edited:

Perky Shae Lynn

... and others have a right to evaluate "why, when and how", and to note the lies, twisting of facts, and spreading rumors throw third parties intentionally.
Exactly. Just like others have a right to evaluate Eteri. But since I don't know exactly what happened between her & Medvedeva, I will refrain from calling Ms. Tutberidze's words "lies, twisting of facts, and spreading rumors"....

Tinami Amori

What’s next? Strange departures of my students, one of which I praised and raised as an example for everyone; the one to whom I honestly gave 200% of the 100% possible in sports.
What student was Eteri referring to? I am confused...Did Lipnitskaya leave her after the 2018 Olympics? Someone else?

:D Departure of "students", there were 4 at the same time. She is stating facts and listing events that took place, without any accusations. But the fact that you and others recognize "Medvedeva" in this description (the one to whom I honestly gave 200% of the 100% possible in sports) certainly confirms that you agree, Eteri did all that for "her" and has a right to be upset, even if she is not saying she is upset and not accusing.

Exactly. Just like others have a right to evaluate Eteri. But since I don't know exactly what happened between her & Medvedeva, I will refrain from calling Ms. Tutberidze's words "lies, twisting of facts, and spreading rumors"....
I do know what happened actually (with 95% accuracy) but obligated not to talk about it, except for "general idea". The general idea is, Medvedeva (upset over her silver and her position at the rink no longer #1), as a condition for her staying, gave "an offer" which Eteri had to refuse, or it would not be fair to other skater/skaters. that's all.

Finsta

If that is true then why would Eteri lie and say she didn’t see it coming? If true then Eteri looks bad. Why do a smear campaign when she supposedly made the final decision- why the big flower fuss? Which eteri version is correct?

Perky Shae Lynn

I do know what happened actually (with 95% accuracy) but obligated not to talk about it, except for "general idea". The general idea is, Medvedeva (upset over her silver and her position at the rink no longer #1), as a condition for her staying, gave "an offer" which Eteri had to refuse, or it would not be fair to other skater/skaters. that's all.
Oh... how do you know? I mean, unless you were in the room when Medvedeva extended her ultimatum?

But, if there were "an offer":

1) Why is Eteri acting like Medvedeva departure was a surprise? It wouldn't be.
2) If they parted on poor terms due to the offer being rejected, why is Eteri expecting flowers?
3) Why would Eteri text Medvedeva and expect a response, if she had already rejected Med's "offer" and knew the relationship was over?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information