Eromolina's interview with Lipnitskaya `The page is turned, I have a new life and new plans'

Tinami Amori

That's an excellent question Tinami. What's the purpose in posting the garbage you found in disreputable Russian tabloids? What is the point you are trying to make? Yulia is a bad girl? Or the point is to spread gossip? Or what is it?
So the author, Ermolina, which Tanbka translated, the same whos interview i posted about missed ceremony, is disreputable? does it make the original article which Tanbka translated disreputable because it also appears in 2 tabloids, one of them known for old Soviet propaganda? I think your comment inadvertently takes a dig at Tanbka's selection.;)

Perky Shae Lynn

So the author, Ermolina, which Tanbka translated, the same whos interview i posted about missed ceremony, is disreputable? does it make the original article which Tanbka translated disreputable because it also appears in 2 tabloids, one of them known for old Soviet propaganda? I think your comment inadvertently takes a dig at Tanbka's selection.;)
What is the point you are trying to make in all your posts? What are you trying to accomplish?

Xela M

During the Sochi Olympics there was an interview with one of Julia's coaches (or possibly Averbukh) but definitely NOT her mother who said that because Julia had a tendency to gain weight, she was put on a powder diet. It was definitely someone on her coaching team.

Tinami Amori

What is the point you are trying to make in all your posts? What are you trying to accomplish?
What do all who post on forums try to accomplish when they state their opinions, share information they have, offer links, fotos, discuss, argue?

During the Sochi Olympics there was an interview with one of Julia's coaches (or possibly Averbukh) but definitely NOT her mother who said that because Julia had a tendency to gain weight, she was put on a powder diet. It was definitely someone on her coaching team.

Maybe you're right, but so far we have to rely on not so precise memory. In her interview Tutberidze said she was surprised to learn that Julia vomits and has eating issues, and that's why she made sure that Federation hires and pays salary to Julia's mother...

I guess i have to revert to the same form of questioning: is there a link to this interview? to find out who said what? how it was phrased that "Julia was put on powder diet" and that it came from a coaching team specifically? Because supposedly there are enough people who don't like your message, they can say "you don't even remember exactly who said what, and who put her on powder"....

hanca

Values her privacy
Sorry, I don't know what is "powder diet"
Powder that you mix with water or milk to get either drink (like milkshake) or thicker consistency like porridge. There are lots of them in shops. They can taste quite nice (some of them), but dieting on powder diet means you are constantly hungry, and it gets boring very soon. To be on that for a year, I think I would kill for a proper food.

lala

Powder that you mix with water or milk to get either drink (like milkshake) or thicker consistency like porridge. There are lots of them in shops. They can taste quite nice (some of them), but dieting on powder diet means you are constantly hungry, and it gets boring very soon. To be on that for a year, I think I would kill for a proper food.

Thanks, I didn't know it, I didn't have to use it. Thanks God!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

I KNOW I would. :revenge:

hanca

Values her privacy
What am I going to have for breakfast? Diet milkshake. What am I going to have for lunch? The same diet milkshake. What am I going to have for dinner? Diet milkshake. What am I going to have for breakfast? Diet milkshake.....
Day after day for a year... can anyone blame her if she was short tempered or angry?

Meoima

I had a major surgery and it put me on similar diet for 2.5 months. Like 6 weeks of porridge. It killed me as I was constantly hungry. Now imagine it's a whole year... yeap I might kill for food.

hanca

Values her privacy
It's not just that you are constantly hungry. You also risk malnutrition because you aren't getting a good variety of vitamins and minerals like you would if you ate a good variety of real foods.
I think the powders contain vitamins and minerals, because they are meant to be a complete meal replacement. The boredom and hunger is an issue though. It shouldn't be underestimated how much our emotional wellbeing is connected to food.

sam-skwantch

Maybe you're right, but so far we have to rely on not so precise memory. In her interview Tutberidze said she was surprised to learn that Julia vomits and has eating issues, and that's why she made sure that Federation hires and pays salary to Julia's mother...

Maybe they are referring to this. Eteti does seem to praise her ability to survive on powdered diets to loose weight.

https://sochi2014.rbth.com/yulia_lipnitskaya_russias_golden_girl

Tutberidze has said that Lipnitskaya has amazing willpower. “I have never seen anything like it,” said Tutberidze. “She can practically not eat anything. When she has to lose weight, all she eats is powdered nutrients, which give her energy. But she manages, thank God. She is intensely driven.”

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I think the powders contain vitamins and minerals
They do but it's not the same. These diets aren't meant to taken for a year or years at a time. There are so many micronutrients that we are discovering that are important to our diet. The diet shake companies can't put in a micronutrient that they don't even know about and they certainly aren't going to put ALL the ones we know about in there as it would make the shakes too expensive.

barbarafan

They do but it's not the same. These diets aren't meant to taken for a year or years at a time. There are so many micronutrients that we are discovering that are important to our diet. The diet shake companies can't put in a micronutrient that they don't even know about and they certainly aren't going to put ALL the ones we know about in there as it would make the shakes too expensive.

The shakes are meant as a meal replacement for diets but not for all meals.So you are supposed to ie: have a shake for breakfast...salad for lunch ...a proper supper but no junk food or desserts. You are not supposed to only have the shakes and this is for a normal day to day activity...She was expending tremendous energy with her training regimen.

Reactions: Rob

ChiquitaBanana

Tinami, I am almost sad you bypassed my last post on this topic and didn't reply. I would really have liked to get your feedback.

Tinami Amori

Maybe they are referring to this. Eteti does seem to praise her ability to survive on powdered diets to loose weight.
https://sochi2014.rbth.com/yulia_lipnitskaya_russias_golden_girl
Tutberidze has said that Lipnitskaya has amazing willpower. “I have never seen anything like it,” said Tutberidze. “She can practically not eat anything. When she has to lose weight, all she eats is powdered nutrients, which give her energy. But she manages, thank God. She is intensely driven.”

That's a good valid interview, it is often used in other articles. It also contains the part where Tutberidze is explaining why she hired Julia’s mother to look after Julia (same as my earlier article).

I can't find an interview on line, so for what it is worth, there is one where Julia said "we/me and mother, consulted many dietitians and they advised us which substance to use". Julia is not blaming Tutberidze, according to this article/quotes:
http://kp.ua/sport/584854-yulyy-lypnytskoi-predlozhyly-porabotat-sportyvnym-
“Unlike Antipova, Julia is not accusing her coach of anything (regarding anorexia). She did not explain how she reached this condition”.

I think Julia knew she had to keep a certain weight in order to jump. She did whatever she had to in order to keep it. Her mother helped her with the process, and Tutberidze did not stop her. Tutberidze's position is understandable...... mother's participation is questionable.

Julia is said to be predisposed to weight gain, she knew it, mother and trainer knew it. Julia had to keep to a certain weight to perform. She and her mother had a choice, to take powder and go to the top. Or not take powder, and accept lesser results. They chose powder. Tutberidze did not stop them. But she certainly did not handed the powder to Julia and gave her a condition "powder or no training"....

Evening Moscow Times: If Tutberidze refused to train me, I would quit skating.
http://vm.ru/news/2014/02/10/yuliya...tala-zanimatsya-figurnim-kataniem-234735.html

There are coaches and trainers which push their athletes to go on a diet from day one, and keep flaming their insecurities. But NONE of the other Tutberidze's girls have this issue.... Med gobbles up Sushi and Udongs like there is no tomorrow, she eats like a horse (so the blogs and instagram stuff shows).
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/bzGhduVL9IQ/maxresdefault.jpg

Julia was not lucky with her body type... that's all.

Last edited:

sam-skwantch

She did whatever she had to in order to keep it. Her mother helped her with the process, and Tutberidze did not stop her. Tutberidze's position is understandable...... mother's participation is questionable.

You really don't seem to shy away from treating assumptions like reality but you also seem to be acknowledging Eteri was involved with basically starving Julia to make weight and saying it's somehow understandable that she "looked the other way". This is only a few posts after denying Eteri knew and was suprised to learn of it. Maybe you should take a time out and get your self sorted out.

You've showed zero interest in Julia's health and well being and seem obsessed to push some alternate agenda.:huh:

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The shakes are meant as a meal replacement for diets but not for all meals.So you are supposed to ie: have a shake for breakfast...salad for lunch ...a proper supper but no junk food or desserts. You are not supposed to only have the shakes and this is for a normal day to day activity...She was expending tremendous energy with her training regimen.
It depends on the shakes. What you describe is the Slim-Fast program. But there are others.

Optifast is a program where you only drink their shakes but you are supposed to be under a doctor's care during it and it's not supposed to go on for more than a few months. (You have to buy the products at an Optifast clinic but I've seen them for sale online.) Oprah used Optifast to lose about 100 pounds in about 6 months. Hopefully, Oprah was getting regular lab work done to make sure she wasn't deficient in anything.

I am pretty sure, from what I read, that Lip was not in the same position. This did not seem to be something supervised by a doctor but something her mom cooked up and the coach agreed to.

Tinami Amori

I would have spent every day flipping off people I saw eating real food.
How is it "those food eating people's" fault to deserve a flip-off just because Julia choose to pursue an impossible task that benefits her and not those poor people?.. just wondering... :lol:

There is no need for you to do anything you do not wish to do :)
now that's a perfect Libertarian answer....:cheer2:

Japanfan

I had a major surgery and it put me on similar diet for 2.5 months. Like 6 weeks of porridge. It killed me as I was constantly hungry. Now imagine it's a whole year... yeap I might kill for food.

When I was in my 20s I did a protein powder diet for a few weeks (powder mixed with juice). I lost a lot of weight, but it was a pretty miserable experience.

And of course, the weight didn't stay off.

Japanfan

I think Julia knew she had to keep a certain weight in order to jump. She did whatever she had to in order to keep it. Her mother helped her with the process, and Tutberidze did not stop her. Tutberidze's position is understandable...... mother's participation is questionable.

Julia is said to be predisposed to weight gain, she knew it, mother and trainer knew it. Julia had to keep to a certain weight to perform. She and her mother had a choice, to take powder and go to the top. Or not take powder, and accept lesser results. They chose powder. Tutberidze did not stop them. But she certainly did not handed the powder to Julia and gave her a condition "powder or no training"....

I understand that gaining just a few pounds can throw a skater's jumps off, and that both male and female skaters have their ideal or fighting weight. But in some cases like this one, I question whether the weight set for a skater is punitively low. And I think this is the case more often for girls/ladies than men, as is the case in society at large.

And a skater needs energy and strength to jump. A near starvation diet would deplete both. It would be interesting to find out whether the ladies who get to the top ranks and stay there eat healthy. I remember Sasha Cohen telling Frank once in the K/C that "it was those two extra pounds" that caused her to make a mistake. This may have suggested that Sasha generally sacrificed strength for a lower weight and what she/others thought were prettier poses, which could have been responsible for the two mistakes she generally made in her programs.

Gabi Daleman is an example of a female skater who is not super skinny - she's fit, strong and healthy - and jumps beautifully. There have been others.

So it is possible than Julia's mother, trainer and coach were influenced by the baby ballerina ideal/stereotype for female skaters.

In any case, Julia's career was cut short by anorexia, so the powder starvation diet didn't work very well.

Julia was not lucky with her body type... that's all.

She was a tiny teenager growing into a woman's body. But I certainly didn't/don't see her as having a big/large body frame. She still looks petite.

Fairuza

1. I love one thing: when I asked to substantiate the assertion Julia demanded something from Spielberg or expected to be admitted into MSU without entrance exams, this troll comes up with the 'horrible' story of Lipnitskaya missing three medal ceremonies. Yeah, the fact she missed those medal ceremonies is a proof she clearly did demand a starring role from Spielberg. Gotta love the logic.
2. Forgetting to check the timetable while being upset (let alone depressed, starved, tired of pressure and expectations, tired of public scrutiny) = having evil character. I get it. Lipnitskaya is irredeemable. Tutberidze is an angel who had to bear this teenage monster for years - even though Tutberidze is an angel cussing at teenage children at the drop of the hat, as was proved by the links the troll provided.
3. Just because you did something 'disreputable' at 12 or 13 or 16, concern trolls like Tinami have a natural right to be telling you what you should do and shouldn't do much later in your life. Just because they pretend to be caring for you.
4. I hope in this case Julia does carry on being 'rude and evil' and tell the likes of Tinami to eff off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information