Ekaterina Kurakova (recent interview) - before the skate your organism stays dehydrated and in stress.

Tinami Amori

Ekaterina Kurakova (recent interview) on TwiZZle.com.ru.

The interview is very long, and in russian, but "google-translates" very well. some very interesting comments about her plans and practices, learning english and polish, and making friends.

One i found interesting and will translate is about her food and water intake (since she came to Orser's club/Canada).

[/QUOTE]Q: How did you spend your evening after the last night's skate (your premiere at the GP)?
EK: Oy! not without adventures. I finished my FS, came off the ice happy. Brian told me he is proud of me, and for me this is a special phrase, it's important for me to hear it, and means a lot to me. So, here i am, walking around so very happy, and here comes a very nice lady, and tells me that two girls (myself and one other) are chosen out of 36 girls to be taken for doping control.

I guess that was my other "premiere" (laughs). It was all new to me, i did not even know what to do, and that it must be done in front of a doping control officer, and i had to make several attempts. I am quite sure that i never before had to drink so my water! In general, i eat and drink very little, occasionally during a day i would drink not more 300-400 ml. And here i had to drink maybe a whole liter - but it was all for no purpose (did not help). They tried to give me all sorts of stuff! (what have not they tried to make me drink). They told me to put on my skates and go on the ice, to make my metabolism work.

So imagine: it's middle of the night, empty rink, lights are off, cold - and i am having a practice (laugh). To sum up, we spent 3 hours, in the end i stopped feeling shy about it. I even have a photo - 1:00 o'clock in the morning, and here i am happy to have finished the test - "I did it"!
Of course on the day of the event your body/organism stays dehydrated (waterless) and in a state of stress, and after the skate there are so much emotions, that "going to the toilet" is far from it.[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information