Diamonds are a girl's best friend---The 2023 Baseball thread

Rob

Beach Bum
Well, Max was not pretty. He had 1 good inning before getting shelled. And even in the 1st inning, those long balls were just the start of things to come. Hoping he didn't wake up the Houston bats too much.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I’d rather the Astros win over the Rangers because then if the Phillies win also, the Phils get home field in the WS. So go Stros!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Why are any of these playoff games starting before 6:00 p.m. Eastern time? Seems a strange way to build an audience.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Team Snakes here. I still have fond memories of their 2001 title 🐍:respec:

I still have the t shirt with their 2001 World Series championship Photo.

Go Dbacks! Do it again!

I should go to their game. It will be tough to get a ticket. We have waited 22 years for this.

ETA- looked up the tickets to their home games (3,4,5). The cheapest tickets are $959, $859, $759.

Cant go to a game unless I win a lottery. I will be quite happy to watch the game from the comfort of my home.

People here are stunned. We didn't expect them to make it to the WS.

Shops are already selling WS 23 t shirts. I want a t shirt.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Can’t believe both of the teams I was rooting for actually won!
Me too. For me it is a win win. I lived in Arlington, Texas in the past. Now I live in Arizona.

I am going to root for Arizona Diamondbacks, but I will be happy even if the Texas Rangers win the World Series.

Reactions: Rob

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I should root for the Diamondbacks, since our local minor league team is an affiliate of the DBacks. But really, I have no interest in the World Series outcome at this point and am focusing on football now! :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I should root for the Diamondbacks, since our local minor league team is an affiliate of the DBacks. But really, I have no interest in the World Series outcome at this point and am focusing on football now! :)
I know you are disappointed because your team lost. It is only natural to feel this way. Hugs.

CassAgain

Round one goes to Texas in a very exciting way. These teams seem well matched. Texas fans still have PTSD from 2011 (one strike away in game six and then lost it all) so I am pessimistic that we will win this year, but it’s fun to have made it back to the World Series by taking down the Astros.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Game 2 belonged to the DiamondBacks. 9-1 win. I hope they did not score all their runs in this game, LOL

MsZem

I see the sea
During the LCS stage I told my brother that my preferred outcomes were as follows:
1. Snakes
2. Rangers
3. Sweet Meteor of Death
4. The Israeli National Rhythmic Gymnastics Team (they need to focus on the Olympics)
5. Manchester United (because why not)

So this isn't a total disaster of an outcome as far as I'm concerned! But really, MLB needs to fix the playoff format, otherwise why bother playing a 162 game season?

Debbie S

Meh. I'm mad at the Rangers for taking out the Orioles but after our series, plus the way they took out the Rays, and then the Astros, they did seem to be the 'team of destiny'. Congratulations to them!

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I felt so bad for the Diamondback player who made the error but it ended up not mattering as I don't think it prevented an out and the subsequent home run would have brought that runner home anyway.

Also feel bad for that final pitcher. He had a rough go in Game 1, too.

CassAgain

I grew up going to Rangers games with my grandparents, and I know they would be thrilled if they knew we finally won a World Series. They were a really fun team to watch this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information